Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

THE COLLARD GREENS - Author Unknown - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE COLLARD GREENS - Author Unknown (604 Views)

People What Has Happened To Roberts Liardon The Author Of Gods Generals / The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE COLLARD GREENS - Author Unknown by SonofIssachar: 5:50am On May 11, 2013
Calling a bird of prey from the east, the man who executes My counsel, from a far country. - Isaiah 46:11

An old black man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig his yearly collard green garden, but it was always very hard work for him because the ground was hard. His only son, Junebug Jankins III, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament.

Dear Junebugg Jankins the III,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my collard green garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.
Love.
Dad

A few days later he received a letter from his son:

Dear Daddy Jankins,
Whatever you do, don't dig up that garden. That's where I buried the BODIES!
Love.
Junebugg Jankins III

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son:

Dear Daddy Jankins,
You can go ahead and plant the collard greens now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love.
Junebugg III

The moral of the story is that no matter where you are in the world, if you have decided to do something deep from your heart, you can always do it. Distance is not a good enough excuse not to fulfil your purpose, pursue your goals, execute your idea or make a difference in the life of somebody.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

You can also hook up with us on our social media platforms:
Facebook: facebook.com/DailyDewDevotional
Twitter: @DailyDewDev

(1) (Reply)

Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories / Can Hiphop Artiste Serve God? / Yhwh Has A Flair For The Dramatic. He Is The Ultimate Movie Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.