Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Konga.com Is A JOKE - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga.com Is A JOKE (12330 Views)

Konga.com Yakata Sales Lies Fraud And A Total Disaster / UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] / My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga.com Is A JOKE by georgee(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2013
Can u imagine these KONGA guys, i ordered an Icegate washing machine and an HP Pavilion G6 laptop on wednesday(8th May). I filled out some form on their website asking when i want it delivered i chose thurs bw 3-6pm(9th May). On that Thursday, called gave dem ma order number and askn dem aw far, they said *ehn, those items ar pick-up items blah blah blah(watever dat means), that i cant get it on thursday. I can only get it sat.* I said no problem. I checked my order page and noticed my delivery date has bn shifted to sat 11th May between 12-3pm. Now today is saturday, called dem just now to knw aw far. They said *ehn, i cant get dem today, i can only get dem 2morrw sunday*. At this point, i got so pissed off and told dem to cancel my order. I drove past HP office on Idowu Martins VI on Tue, culd av easily bought the laptop dia. LG is close to wia i live in surulere, culd av just gone dia to buy my washing machine jeje. Now they promised to call me back and help me find out if ma stuff wuld be delivered today. I am waiting for their call which i believe will neva come. .
NB: i did pay on delivery.
Those guys ar bunch of time wasters. Gosh!
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Afam4eva(m): 11:45am On May 11, 2013
Lol...Online shopping in Nigeria still has a long way to go.

I don't even think i can buy something as expensive and important as a laptop on a Nigerian shopping site. I'll rather see it with my korokoro eyes before paying. What if they send you chinko?

3 Likes

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by iykepromotions: 11:47am On May 11, 2013
georgee: Can u imagine these KONGA guys, i ordered an Icegate washing machine and an HP Pavilion G6 laptop on wednesday(8th May). I filled out some form on their website asking when i want it delivered i chose thurs bw 3-6pm(9th May). On that Thursday, called dem askn gave dem ma order number and askn dem aw far, they said *ehn, those items ar pick-up items(watever dat mean), that i cant get it on thursday. I can only get it sat.* I told dem no prob. Now today is saturday, called dem just now to knw aw far. They said *ehn, i cant get dem today, i can only get dem 2morrw sunday*. At this point, i got so pissed off and told dem to cancel my order. I drove past HP office on Idowu Martins VI on Tue, culd av easily bought the laptop dia. LG is close to wia i live in surulere, culd av just gone dia to buy my washing machine jeje. Now they promised to call me back and help me find out if ma stuff wuld be delivered today. I am waiting for their call which i believe will neva come. .
Those guys ar bunch of time wasters.
Take it easy with them, man why not conclude issues with them first before posting this in an online forum. Don't you know that this can give them a bad reputation?

2 Likes

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by georgee(m): 11:48am On May 11, 2013
U are ryt jare Afam. Will drive down to LG to go pick up the washing, also check if they sell HP laptops.
@Iykepromotions, they av already given themselves bad reputation according to me. Wat do u mean take it easy wit them. They shuld av told me frm the start that i wil get my stuffs on sunday rather than tossing me around and wastn my credit for nothing.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 11, 2013
You think online shopping is perfect anywhere ?

If you had hp and lg offices around, why didn't you buy from there?

So now, why are you telling us, Abi na seun get konga ni ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by georgee(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2013
Av canceled ma order. Useless pple
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by mrkels(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2013
Wow , so they even delay in their delivery. Am not currently in lagos and so couldn't use their pay on delivery method so I choose the bank payment method , now am having second thoughts cos of this post as I don't know if they ll even send me the original thing I ordered or even deliver it on time. They already called me today confirming the order . Abeg how do I cancel?

1 Like

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by georgee(m): 7:40am On May 12, 2013
mrkels: Wow , so they even delay in their delivery. Am not currently in lagos and so couldn't use their pay on delivery method so I choose the bank payment method , now am having second thoughts cos of this post as I don't know if they ll even send me the original thing I ordered or even deliver it on time. They already called me today confirming the order . Abeg how do I cancel?
I went to Ikeja yesterday picked up my HP Laptop, proceeded to Icegate coy (same ikeja), picked up my washing machine. All with no hassles and boarded a taxi 1K back home.
Just call 014605555 to cancel ur order. They will ask u for ur order number. In as much as i did pay on delivery, i will neva av anythn to do with any online shopping again.
Imagine them, they wia just tossing me around. Ehhhn, u will av it 2morrw, eeehn, u cant av it today.. Blah blah blah.. Konga my foot.
I am sure Jumia will be worse.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by NaijaPlayboy: 5:42pm On May 12, 2013
Its quite unfortunate that you experienced this problem but i am sure its a one time thing. i have ordered stuff from ecommerce firms outside the country and had delay but they eventually came, and i still sop from them. i regularly shop online with konga.com, i recently bought a samsung tv on their platform and they delivered it pronto so i am sure that this was a one time thing..You can talk to them on twitter www.twitter.com/shopkonga and i am sure they will reply you immediately.

georgee: Can u imagine these KONGA guys, i ordered an Icegate washing machine and an HP Pavilion G6 laptop on wednesday(8th May). I filled out some form on their website asking when i want it delivered i chose thurs bw 3-6pm(9th May). On that Thursday, called gave dem ma order number and askn dem aw far, they said *ehn, those items ar pick-up items blah blah blah(watever dat means), that i cant get it on thursday. I can only get it sat.* I said no problem. I checked my order page and noticed my delivery date has bn shifted to sat 11th May between 12-3pm. Now today is saturday, called dem just now to knw aw far. They said *ehn, i cant get dem today, i can only get dem 2morrw sunday*. At this point, i got so pissed off and told dem to cancel my order. I drove past HP office on Idowu Martins VI on Tue, culd av easily bought the laptop dia. LG is close to wia i live in surulere, culd av just gone dia to buy my washing machine jeje. Now they promised to call me back and help me find out if ma stuff wuld be delivered today. I am waiting for their call which i believe will neva come. .

2 Likes

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by PrinceZoe: 5:53pm On May 12, 2013
ahhh..i feel bad to hear this, because i am a regular customer of konga.com and i never have problems with them, i have also introduced a couple of my friends and they haven't had any problems at all, i regularly tweet at them(@shopkonga) when i have any issues. We as Nigerians should always support our own things, and especially a company that represents excellence like konga.com.

georgee: Can u imagine these KONGA guys, i ordered an Icegate washing machine and an HP Pavilion G6 laptop on wednesday(8th May). I filled out some form on their website asking when i want it delivered i chose thurs bw 3-6pm(9th May). On that Thursday, called gave dem ma order number and askn dem aw far, they said *ehn, those items ar pick-up items blah blah blah(watever dat means), that i cant get it on thursday. I can only get it sat.* I said no problem. I checked my order page and noticed my delivery date has bn shifted to sat 11th May between 12-3pm. Now today is saturday, called dem just now to knw aw far. They said *ehn, i cant get dem today, i can only get dem 2morrw sunday*. At this point, i got so pissed off and told dem to cancel my order. I drove past HP office on Idowu Martins VI on Tue, culd av easily bought the laptop dia. LG is close to wia i live in surulere, culd av just gone dia to buy my washing machine jeje. Now they promised to call me back and help me find out if ma stuff wuld be delivered today. I am waiting for their call which i believe will neva come. .

2 Likes

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by NaijaPlayboy: 5:56pm On May 12, 2013
You don't need to have second thoughts, i am sure georgee's was just a one time thing, they deliver on time and when there are delays(due to the state of things in Nigeria), they always call and even tweet at you when they have problems. I recently just ordered some stuff off their site, and i didnt hv any problems

mrkels: Wow , so they even delay in their delivery. Am not currently in lagos and so couldn't use their pay on delivery method so I choose the bank payment method , now am having second thoughts cos of this post as I don't know if they ll even send me the original thing I ordered or even deliver it on time. They already called me today confirming the order . Abeg how do I cancel?

1 Like

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2013
I'm about hitting Konga...or possibly Jumia to get a laptop. Will make my choice based on affordability as per my specs and nothing more. Hope i'm safe?
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2013

Konga is really making wave but With all these full quotes, i am beginning to believe suspect wink
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Babylox(f): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
georgee:
I went to Ikeja yesterday picked up my HP Laptop, proceeded to Icegate coy (same ikeja), picked up my washing machine. All with no hassles and boarded a taxi 1K back home.
Just call 014605555 to cancel ur order. They will ask u for ur order number. In as much as i did pay on delivery, i will neva av anythn to do with any online shopping again.
Imagine them, they wia just tossing me around. Ehhhn, u will av it 2morrw, eeehn, u cant av it today.. Blah blah blah.. Konga my foot.
I am sure Jumia will be worse.

Did you get your order?
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Deybesee(f): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
i also had a similar problem with konga and i was so angry.i school at osun state university(ejigbo campus) and i ordered for a packard bell laptop and pay on delivery is only accepted in lagos,so i had to deposit the money in the bank before the delivery.i was told that my delivery will get to me on wednesday and i waited and waited and waited buh there was no sight of them,i called them and they said it will get to me the next day,same thing happened again.i called them and they said it is in DHL OFFICE in osogbo,i went to osogbo and i was drenched so bad in the heavy rain,i got to DHL and i was told dat they have closed.i cried my eyes out dat day cos my dad will kill me if he heard dat i ordered for a product online.i called them again when i got back to ejigbo and they said i have to wait because DHL does not work on weekends.i had to wait again till monday i called and they said the product has been mistakenly transferred to DHL OFFICE in ibadan.then i started my madness i shouted and swore at them i started shouting and they promised me that i would recieve it unfailingly on teusday and they finally brought it only for me to open it and find a mini packard bell laptop in it,i checked it and ther was no dvd drive and it was written online dat there is a dvd drive and other things ,i didnt even bother complaining i just took it like dat.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by georgee(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
Deybesee: i also had a similar problem with konga and i was so angry.i school at osun state university(ejigbo campus) and i ordered for a packard bell laptop and pay on delivery is only accepted in lagos,so i had to deposit the money in the bank before the delivery.i was told that my delivery will get to me on wednesday and i waited and waited and waited buh there was no sight of them,i called them and they said it will get to me the next day,same thing happened again.i called them and they said it is in DHL OFFICE in osogbo,i went to osogbo and i was drenched so bad in the heavy rain,i got to DHL and i was told dat they have closed.i cried my eyes out dat day cos my dad will kill me if he heard dat i ordered for a product online.i called them again when i got back to ejigbo and they said i have to wait because DHL does not work on weekends.i had to wait again till monday i called and they said the product has been mistakenly transferred to DHL OFFICE in ibadan.then i started my madness i shouted and swore at them i started shouting and they promised me that i would recieve it unfailingly on teusday and they finally brought it only for me to open it and find a mini packard bell laptop in it,i checked it and ther was no dvd drive and it was written online dat there is a dvd drive and other things ,i didnt even bother complaining i just took it like dat.
sorry to hia.
JUMIA did same thing to me. They couldnt even deliver a simple USB Flash.. Shame on KONGA and JUMIA
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
The Problem they all have is Logistics.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by shiift(m): 10:01am On Aug 23, 2014
They are a scam joor! see!!!! And to get your money back na die!!!!

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by james809: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Afam4eva: Lol...Online shopping in Nigeria still has a long way to go.

I don't even think i can buy something as expensive and important as a laptop on a Nigerian shopping site. I'll rather see it with my korokoro eyes before paying. What if they send you chinko?
calm down Bro. ..The Op said it's pay on delivery. I always tell people this is very easy. place order and choose your delivery date. If they miss it just move on and get it elsewhere you don't have to notify them. When they come and you show them you got it elsewhere for time wasting they will step up there game.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by osile2012: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
Bross no need to vex, let me tell you what to do.

(1) Click on the link on my signature
(2) click on rate brands when you get to the site
(3) Search the brands until you find konga
(4) Click on their logo to rate them
(5) fill the rating form and submit

If theirs services improve after a week or more, you can come back and rate again. This site gives Nigerians opportunity to rate popular brands based on their experiences. It also helps these brands to improve on the quality of their products and services. Rate them today and you will feel relieved.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by ocelot2006(m): 12:01am On Oct 03, 2014
Konga. WORST. JOKERS. EVER.

1 Like

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by teewahh: 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
Konga Sucks! To withdraw my 30k which i deposited on their site and for over 3 weeks now, they have refused to refund the money to my bank account... Any ideas any1, cos im seriously considering taking the matter to a newspaper house and totally mess them up!
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by stevecantrell: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thot they're the biggest in Africa..
An e commerce site without adequate stock management and supply chain will always end up with stories like these.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
georgee:
Can u imagine these KONGA guys, i ordered an Icegate washing machine and an HP Pavilion G6 laptop on wednesday(8th May). I filled out some form on their website asking when i want it delivered i chose thurs bw 3-6pm(9th May). On that Thursday, called gave dem ma order number and askn dem aw far, they said *ehn, those items ar pick-up items blah blah blah(watever dat means), that i cant get it on thursday. I can only get it sat.* I said no problem. I checked my order page and noticed my delivery date has bn shifted to sat 11th May between 12-3pm. Now today is saturday, called dem just now to knw aw far. They said *ehn, i cant get dem today, i can only get dem 2morrw sunday*. At this point, i got so pissed off and told dem to cancel my order. I drove past HP office on Idowu Martins VI on Tue, culd av easily bought the laptop dia. LG is close to wia i live in surulere, culd av just gone dia to buy my washing machine jeje. Now they promised to call me back and help me find out if ma stuff wuld be delivered today. I am waiting for their call which i believe will neva come.
At aliexpresss, if I want free shipping, I have 60days to wait. Jußt as you have indepent sellers in aliexpress, so you have in konga añd jumia,amazon,ebay.
So next time you shop, watchout for products, indicating exclusively konga,jumia,amazon,argos etc
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by keyremotes(m): 8:49am On Dec 01, 2014
Nigerians easily conclude a business is a scam if things do not go their way first time.
We must remember that online sales in Nigeria is still very very new.
There are always teething problems.
Some of these are Konga issues while some are not.
I am a merchant on Konga.com and we have had situations where I send in shipments, they process itand it is held back by the courier company they use. Alot of that happened earlier this year.
They had to stop using one of the major couriers in the country.
They had to also set up their logistics coy which is still growing but have really helped improve their delivery.
We must encourage "our own".
Konga has really helped in employing thousands of people in the country.
THEY ARE NOT A SCAM. THEY ARE VERY REAL.
WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT THEM AS ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN DAY.

2 Likes

Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Tallest1908: 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
I shop on both Jumia and Konga and dere deliveries are perfect.I bought my 39inches LED on Jumia,got my washing maching and Infinix Hot X507 on Konga and dey delivered my items.Its unfortunate that Nigerians aren't patient enough before jumping into conclusion.If u've problems wit them doesn't mean others will have and you don't have to spoil there market.Konga and Jumia are the only online shopping sites that can serve you with your desire items at a subsidized rate.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by abhosts(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tallest1908:
I shop on both Jumia and Konga and dere deliveries are perfect.I bought my 39inches LED on Jumia,got my washing maching and Infinix Hot X507 on Konga and dey delivered my items.Its unfortunate that Nigerians aren't patient enough before jumping into conclusion.If u've problems wit them doesn't mean others will have and you don't have to spoil there market.Konga and Jumia are the only online shopping sites that can serve you with your desire items at a subsidized rate.

I made an order on Konga meant to shipped within lagos on the 28th of Nov(over 6 weeks ago). I paid about N50,000 online for the order.

Despite my several phone calls, I have not received any order or Refund until now. So how do you expect one to refer to such a company?
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by mcfranc(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
It is true that Konga's delivery system hasn't been commendable lately. But overall, eommerce business is a growing trend in Nigeria and with time, they will greatly improve. You need to understand that some of these delays are not directly caused by Konga. Konga has merchants who sell on the site and sometimes, these merchants don't drop off items purchased from their store to the designated dropoff centres promptly thereby causing delay.

Another major barrier is the courier companies in partnership with Konga, some of them are a clog in the wheel of the supply chain process. Konga express, the courier company owned by Konga appear to be more effective in terms of delivery than the third party companies.

We just hope that they keep improving the process and become better by the day.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Tallest1908: 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
Bt y didn't u allow dem deliver ur item b4 paying online since its pay on delivery?In all,contact help@konga.com or call 014605555.So sorry abt dis bro.
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by tonytony208(m): 7:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
iykepromotions:

Take it easy with them, man why not conclude issues with them first before posting this in an online forum. Don't you know that this can give them a bad reputation?

it is not d op giving dem bad reputation; it is them giving demselves bad reputation.

And by d way, Pls how safe it is to order from aliexpress?
Re: Konga.com Is A JOKE by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
The poster of this thread is a jerk, likely a bag packer carrying kid.
Konga or jumia or any other online store in the world, do not give clients the option of choosing delivery internary, rather a some what ETA.
If he really bought a laptop,why the SMS style of writing, before you castigate another man business, do well to ask yourself,if your mother has a kiosk.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Biz To Do With My 24hours Uninterrupted Power Supply / BUA, Lummus Sign Contract For The Construction Of 285,000tpa Polypropylene Unit / EFCC Obtains Court Order To Track Nigerians Transacting On Binance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.