Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B (3636 Views)

‘My Earlier Decision Stands’ – Enyeama Rules Out Nigeria Return / Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria With Chile, Croatia, Usa In Group A / CHAN Draw: Nigeria In Group A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by otokx(m): 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2008
This group is not a walk over; we have to be prepared to meet the challenges.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ajadrage: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2008
Okay we've been talking about the guys now, what about our ladies, there should've been a thread dedicated to them a long time ago, but as you know we are all trying to curtail thread duplicity these days grin

Even more so, the olympic football event is structured from group A to H, with four teams per group. A-D is for the brothers and E to H is for the sisters. Our Naija sisters happen to be in group F, playing their games in Shenyang, and they have as group contenders heavyweights such as both teams that played the final of the last women championship, Germany who are the current world champions and Brazil, losing finalists in the same competition. Korea remains the team that we can hope for a full three points as they have lost to Nigerian opposition before, if we can put up a disciplined game, then we can hope to steal at least a point from either of the other two teams (who knows, the girls might even create an upset win).

It is very obvious that our ladies are the underdogs in this here group, but i believe that underdogs still can bite. it's gonno be a herculean task sha, but i expect the girls to have matured in the game at least to secure a last eight slot, from there like I always say, anything can happen.

The womens football event has no age limitation in the olympics, at least for now.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by skyhadi16(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2008
Well if Siasia will do his home work by telling the boys that individual skill is needed upfront when you are alone and Team work is what count to bring the goals no selfish play then we hope for something. left for me,i will advice they re watch the road to the success of the Under 17 last year All matches was important to them, all hands were on desk too lipsrsealed
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by whitesoftx(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2008
well we can only hope for the best from this dream team, Siasia is a coach who knows is Onions. The group we are in is not the problem but their overall prepation and team spirit. We expect the team to make us proud just as the under 17 did. Visit www.naijagurus.com to get the latest sport gist that concerns Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by bigrovar(m): 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2008
one thing this team have going for them is continuity , remember most of the boys played in the youth championship some years ago under the same Siasia Guy, and there did very well, i see them even going a step futher this time around
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by viee(f): 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2008
ajadrage:

Okay we've been talking about the guys now, what about our ladies, there should've been a thread dedicated to them a long time ago, but as you know we are all trying to curtail thread duplicity these days grin

Even more so, the olympic football event is structured from group A to H, with four teams per group. A-D is for the brothers and E to H is for the sisters. Our Naija sisters happen to be in group F, playing their games in Shenyang, and they have as group contenders heavyweights such as both teams that played the final of the last women championship, Brazil who are the current world champions and Germany, losing finalists in the same competition. Korea remains the team that we can hope for a full three points as they have lost to Nigerian opposition before, if we can put up a disciplined game, then we can hope to steal at least a point from either of the other two teams (who knows, the girls might even create an upset win).

It is very obvious that our ladies are the underdogs in this here group, but i believe that underdogs still can bite. it's gonno be a herculean task sha, but i expect the girls to have matured in the game at least to secure a last eight slot, from there like I always say, anything can happen.

The womens football event has no age limitation in the olympics, at least for now.

you are spot on!
i fear for our girls sad
its really frustratn whn u play well in Africa and rubbish outside Africa sad
me think we will need a lot of preparation to the girls natch fit,
i will really love to see them do well in China
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ken82(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2008
It's good for siasia but be carefull cos their are
no pushover in mordern day football
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by mykali(m): 10:59am On May 01, 2008
nice talk
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by anobscase(m): 2:27pm On May 05, 2008
Nice talk here.But know u that in football,there is pushover.If there is no pushover,Rwanda might luckliy come and lift the world cup grin grin.What i`m sure of is that Siasia is toping Group B no matter how he does it.Cant u see determination in this guy.Its like its been long u guys have watched him perform.I dont bet when it comes to Nigerian football,But i bet whenever i see Siasia as the coach.
Dream Team will Make me proud,
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by 9ja4eva: 3:57pm On May 06, 2008
I have so much believe in the dream team.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by dejilegs(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2008
the olympics shud be fun as it usually is,
just happy there won't be too much break this year btw the end of EPL and beginning of nex season with EURO 2008 and Olympics in btw,
it just keeps it all going, body, soul and spirit,

anyone got an idea or suggestions on who the 3 over-aged players Siasia would be using?
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by joecooper(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2008
I think the teams I'm afraid of are Japan nd USA.

They just have to train hard to do us proud this time around undecided
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by folahann(m): 9:52pm On May 13, 2008
Siasia is good at such things, sure he will deliver
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by chriskkk: 4:16pm On May 16, 2008
Its a fact that there are no push-overs in modern football but to say that japan and
USA can push us over means that we ve been growing in the backward drection all these yrs.
When did USA get to know about football and when did japan start playing.
siasia has no excuse not to get us out of that group at least.
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by dinozzo(m): 12:55am On May 18, 2008
men me sha I'm not going expect too much from them, lets just sit and watch. Is the list of players making the team out?
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by Fadajasi(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2008
the over age players osase,ike uche and shittu
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by 9ja4eva: 6:38am On May 20, 2008
We should perform in that group
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by tosinadeda: 12:03am On May 22, 2008
wut hppens to mikel now that the club he dumped naija for failed to win any laurels?
just curious grin grin
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by nazzyon(m): 6:11am On May 23, 2008
Good move @ the wrong time by Nigeria.

Agbonlahor gets Nigeria call

http://www.supersportafrica.com/football/article.aspx?id=255544&headline=Agbonlahor%20gets%20Nigeria%20call
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by kaydkay(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2008
Nigeria's Dream Team IV has just beaten Chile 2:1 to qualify for the invitational finals.

Check out the latest sports news @ www.sports-fanatics-4ever..com
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by 9ja4eva: 7:06am On May 24, 2008
tosinadeda:

what hppens to mikel now that the club he dumped naija for failed to win any laurels?
just curious grin grin

E go rest

Yes Siasia is 2much
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ajadrage: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2008
Okay, now we're in the quarters, it was breathtaking though, with the sometimes erratic but inspired play the guys displayed. Too bad for our female folk though, guess they have to raise their game to international standard. However, how they will do that still remains to be seen with the obvious domestic problem of lack of preparation that we seem to be perennially mired in.

Anyway, the Ivoriens could spell a hard nut though, but I do not believe that they are better than our team. There ain't no pushover in the male event, the difference might prove to be how desperately the guys want to achieve their goal in this event. I still see some evident lack of concentration by the guys sometimes, but with some more focus, this can be overcome. Our coach has a duty to encourage and not to disparage. We're playing okay except those lapses which are even evident to the players. At least, we topped our group which was not a fluke, although that is not a yardstick to measure the ultimate prize winner.

It's a game at a time, Cote d'Ivoire has a good team, so do we. If the attitude is right, then we got a shot. At least, even if the politicians ain't making us happy due to our lost brothers and sisters in Bakassi, if the guys do well, we all can smile again, abi? smiley
Re: Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B by ajadrage: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2008
Smiling. . . smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! / Secrets Revealed: How To Make Money From Sport Betting WITHOUT Betting! / Players That Annoy You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.