Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,514 members, 7,954,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:06 PM

Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture (36797 Views)

Denrele Edun And A Shirtless Man In Towel (Photos) / Linc Vs Yul, Who Resembles Pete Edochie More? / PHOTOS: This Rock In Oyo State Resembles A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Xaviers(m): 9:31pm On May 11, 2013
A photo of man bearing a striking resemblance to Jay-Z has surfaced, and if it wasn't for the fact that it was taken in 1939, you'd swear it was the rapper himself. Since the photo-which forms part of the New York Public Library's Schomburg Center's collection-hit the internet, different conspiracy theories bordering on Jay-Z re-incarnating has spread around the
cyber world.

The man in the picture is staring down the camera lens with a distinct sense of attitude and intent. Best of all, the man from the past has exactly the same poise and swagger as our very own present day JayZ. On account of Jay-Z being 43 years
old, the man in the photo is of course not him.

Further fueling the re-incarnation theories are names the rapper have named some of his albums/singles. Interestingly, the rapper's extensive list of titles include: In My Lifetime, The Best of Both Worlds (with R. Kelly), Don't Let Me Die, Young Forever and Encore... mortality and immortality sure do seem to be running themes in the singer's works.

However I think you'd agree that this is just mere co-incidence rather than a case of re-incarnation or time travel as suggested by conspiracy theorists.

9 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by dominique(f): 10:12pm On May 11, 2013
That's not jay-z? shocked. Has to be his ancestor or something

4 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Xaviers(m): 10:33pm On May 11, 2013
dominique: That's not jay-z? shocked. Has to be his ancestor or something

ancestor kor! Ancestor nii

Take a closer look!......
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 11, 2013
Based on the number of people who have lived on this planet I believe everyone on earth has someone out there that looks exactly like them whether dead or still alive. undecided

12 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 11, 2013
hmmmmmmM shebi Oyinbo dey show us camera effect of 786 BC?

1 Like

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by gluv01(f): 1:12am On May 12, 2013
Striking resemblance...honestly would bet it's Jay Z but for the age difference

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Afam4eva(m): 1:29am On May 12, 2013
They should trace the man's family. It's possible that a sperm entered where it was not supposed yo enter.

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by diarra94(m): 3:31am On May 12, 2013
Its clear some shi.t happened
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by dakunj1(m): 6:53am On May 12, 2013
Afam4eva: They should trace the man's family. It's possible that a sperm entered where it was not supposed yo enter.
Was dis supposed to make sense!?!! undecided

12 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by timpaker(m): 6:55am On May 12, 2013

Jay-z ke? That's his grand daddy, his name is Jay-x, he was a soldier at the American - Vietnam war. He was taken from Senegal during the slave era that explains why he's got a big nose.

27 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 7:06am On May 12, 2013
timpaker:

Jay-z ke? That's his grand daddy, his name is Jay-x, he was a soldier at the American - Vietnam war. He was taken from Senegal during the slave ere that explains why he's got a big nose.

Genius!! cool

1 Like

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by swaggerkid(m): 7:40am On May 12, 2013
hornipipe: Based on the number of people who have lived on this planet I believe everyone on earth has someone out there that looks exactly like them whether dead or still alive. undecided
correct!!!

1 Like

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 9:35am On May 12, 2013
Afam4eva: They should trace the man's family. It's possible that a sperm entered where it was not supposed yo enter.
huh
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 9:42am On May 12, 2013
timpaker:

Jay-z ke? That's his grand daddy, his name is Jay-x, he was a soldier at the American - Vietnam war. He was taken from Senegal during the slave ere that explains why he's got a big nose.
where exactly did you get this from or you're trying to be funny?

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by joe4christ(m): 10:40am On May 12, 2013
Now, this should make frontpage, i'm telling ya.
Mod, what are you guys waiting for
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Mobinga: 10:59am On May 12, 2013
Nairalanders late again as usual.

5 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 12, 2013
where was that pic taken?
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by joe4christ(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2013
H-Star89:
where was that pic taken?

Yaba left.
Oshi!

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 12, 2013
Doppleganger

6 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by katordidi(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2013
thats jay z, de dude is a vampire. What do u think.. Forever young? Anyone thinking like me?

7 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by specialguest(f): 9:42am On May 13, 2013
katordidi: thats jay z, de dude is a vampire. What do u think.. Forever young? Anyone thinking like me?

I agree with you on this one. Its definately jay-z. The pic was modified or edited to make it look ancient. How can that not be jay-z? Not many people have that lips you know cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Xaviers(m): 10:16am On May 13, 2013
specialguest:

I agree with you on this one. Its definately jay-z. The pic was modified or edited to make it look ancient. How can that now be jay-z? Not many people have that lips you know cheesy

YOU ARE SO WRONG!!!!!
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by IdeeEsperanza(m): 10:19am On May 13, 2013
hornipipe: Based on the number of people who have lived on this planet I believe everyone on earth has someone out there that looks exactly like them whether dead or still alive. undecided

You're right! A colleague who visited South Africa said he saw me. I thought he was joking, not until his parents asked me why I ignore them and when I returned from South Africa. Honestly, I neva comot 4rm 9ja b4 neither do I have any ancestors from S.A. There's someone out there that looks just like us!

1 Like

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 10:22am On May 13, 2013
idee.esperanza:

You're right! A colleague who visited South Africa said he saw me. I thought he was joking, not until his parents asked me why I ignore them and when I returned from South Africa. Honestly, I neva comot 4rm 9ja b4 neither do I have any ancestors from S.A. There's someone out there that looks just like us!
LoL grin

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 10:24am On May 13, 2013
specialguest:

I agree with you on this one. Its definately jay-z. The pic was modified or edited to make it look ancient. How can that now be jay-z? Not many people have that lips you know cheesy
that's not jay z miss.
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Policewoman(f): 5:09pm On May 13, 2013
And so what?
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Ijawboi(m): 5:09pm On May 13, 2013
Soooooo, make we fly??

Why is tonto not in that pishure??

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Ijawboi(m): 5:13pm On May 13, 2013
Those lips, that cheek, hmmmmmmm

jay z is a gay vampire
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Orikinla(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2013
gluv01: Striking resemblance...honestly would bet it's Jay Z but for the age difference

They must be related.
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by delors(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2013
phoenix! Re-incarnation!
Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by ELgordo(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2013
Damn# old story . . . . Nairaland is running outta ideas and stories . . . . boooorrrrrriiiiinnnnggggg!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jay-Z Resembles Man in 1939 Picture by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 13, 2013
I have seen 'one or two people who look like Jay Z, Tupac Shakur, and co. My younger brother has a striking resemblance with Tuface. So kini big deal?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Itele Ibrahim Yekini Marriage Introduction Photos / Comedian Seyi Law's Daughter "Tiwa" Looking Cute In New Pictures / Sumbo & David Adeoye Enjoying A Romantic Date In Dubai (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.