Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,550 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? (36310 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Eziachi: 10:34pm On May 15, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Professors are supposed to be in the universities, not contesting elections but could hold appointive posts. I don't know of any part of the country where former VCs still go back to classes after their tenures. How professors have you seen or read about that contested the presidency in the US? Everybody in the SW politically conscious, no wonder subsequent government avoid any political uprising in that part of the country because it could destabilize the country. The first coups were not unconnected with events in the SW.
Really?
Well go and search the thread regarding the appointment of a professor as the new deputy governor of Ekiti state, where I outrightly said that it was waste of knowledge because a deputy governors does nothing.
But you and many of your brothers were raving that I condemned a professor leaving the class room, research room to join the gravy train of politics of Nigeria.
You are asking your question to the wrong person. Go and ask the brand new second hand deputy governor of Ekiti why a professor like her decide to go sidon look doing nothing as a deputy governor?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Eziachi: 10:48pm On May 15, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Everybody in the SW politically conscious, no wonder subsequent government avoid any political uprising in that part of the country because it could destabilize the country. The first coups were not unconnected with events in the SW.
Do you actually know anything about Nigeria?
So you don't know that the most boiling point of Nigerian political uprising is the South West that started the whole thing in the 60s between Akintola vs Chief Awolowo? And in the end NiGERIA/BIAFRA war.
How old are you exactly if you haven't heard about Ife vs Modakeke uprising?
You never heard about Ogbomosho vs Ibadan uprising?
Ajasin vs Omoboriowo 1983 civil that claimed hundred of lives and properties, that led to an NPN man being beheaded?
Victor Ololye vs Bola Ige 1983 civil war? And most recently Fayose vs everybody's civil war?

Where I come from, I can till the next month be telling you all our problems because they are many, but when day dreamers like you start painting a fantasy picture of himself, you becomes a laugh, not the joke.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 16, 2013
Eziachi:
Really?
Well go and search the thread regarding the appointment of a professor as the new deputy governor of Ekiti state, where I outrightly said that it was waste of knowledge because a deputy governors does nothing.
But you and many of your brothers were raving that I condemned a professor leaving the class room, research room to join the gravy train of politics of Nigeria.
You are asking your question to the wrong person. Go and ask the brand new second hand deputy governor of Ekiti why a professor like her decide to go sidon look doing nothing as a deputy governor?
I don't need to ask her: She was one of my lecturers in my undergraduate days. Her emergence was appointive, not elective. She didn't with the governor but only got there as result of the death of the former deputy. Besides, until her appointment she was the state's chairman of SUBEP.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 8:18am On May 16, 2013
Eziachi:
Do you actually know anything about Nigeria?
So you don't know that the most boiling point of Nigerian political uprising is the South West that started the whole thing in the 60s between Akintola vs Chief Awolowo? And in the end NiGERIA/BIAFRA war.
How old are you exactly if you haven't heard about Ife vs Modakeke uprising?
You never heard about Ogbomosho vs Ibadan uprising?
Ajasin vs Omoboriowo 1983 civil that claimed hundred of lives and properties, that led to an NPN man being beheaded?
Victor Ololye vs Bola Ige 1983 civil war? And most recently Fayose vs everybody's civil war?

Where I come from, I can till the next month be telling you all our problems because they are many, but when day dreamers like you start painting a fantasy picture of himself, you becomes a laugh, not the joke.
You've just repeated what I said that the events in the SW affect the whole of Nigeria. If you've got nothing to say why don't you call it quit.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by mahdino: 12:39pm On May 16, 2013
[quote author=krendo]http://www.osundefender.org/?p=100480

Fashola Backs Hamzat To Succeed Him As Opposition Mounts
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, is following the footsteps of his predecessor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by endorsing a member of his (Fashola’s) cabinet to succeed him.

Thegazellenews.com learnt exclusively that Fashola has put his weight behind the current Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in the state, Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat, to succeed him as the next governor of the state.

Just like Tinubu, Fashola was reported to have informed members of his kitchen cabinet of his decision.

His choice was reportedly borne out of the desire to have someone who understands the workings of the state to succeed him.

Hamzat was state Commissioner for Science and Technology for six years under Tinubu while he has been commissioner in the state since the advent of the Fashola administration.

He was in charge of Ministry of Science and Technology in Fashola’s first term and currently in charge of Works and Infrastructure ministry.

He is the third son of His Royal Majesty, Oba Mufutau Olatunji Hamzat, Olu of Afowowa but also the Lagos West Senatorial Disrict leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

Some members of Fashola’s cabinet have started working for the Hamzat. One of them, according to report is the state Commissioner for Rural Development, Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi.. Ojelabi, a former member of the House of Representatives was also one time chairman of Ojo Local Government and Otto-Awori Local Council Development Area (LCDA).

However, there are difficulties in the way for Fashola’s annointed candidate. In the first instance, the national leader of the ACN, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reportedly insisted that all governorship aspirants on the platform of the party will be given level playing ground to prove themselves in an openly conducted primary.

And in this instance, Hamzat is not seen as being a match for politicians like Senate Minority Whip, Senator Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon; former state Commissioner for Environment, Dr Muiz Banire and probably Senator Gbenga Ashafa who are experienced in grassroots politicking and are adept at mobilising people.

Solomon in particular is well noted for his grassroots connection and his popularity cuts across all sections of the society spread across the nook and cranny of the state.

Hamzat may also not be helped by alleged zoning of the party’s governorship ticket to the Lagos East senatorial district as his political base is in Mushin in the Lagos West.

Politicians are also quick to point to the fact that the Hamzat family has been enjoying juicy political patronage since the advent of the present democracy in the state. The patriach of the family has been a one time national vice chairman of then Alliance for Democracy (AD).

Now he is the Lagos West leader. Obafemi himself has been a commissioner in the state for the past 13 years and by the end of the Fashola administration he would have spent 15 years as a commissioner in the state.

Added to this is the fact that his elder brother and the older Hamzat’s eldest child and first son, Ganiyu, has been in the House of Representatives since 2003 representing Mushin Federal Constituency 2 and not to be forgotten was the older Hamzat’s second son, Bosun, who died three years ago, was a senior special assistant to both Tinubu and Fashola.

Finally, the question is can Fashola commits the kind of resources and energy to Hamzat governorship project as Tinubu did for him in the 2007 election? Your guess is as good as mine.

Sources within the party have told thegazellenews that majority of party members may not be favourably disposed towards Fashola’s choice not because Hamzat is not capable and suitable but because they are desirous of a change in the method of choosing the party’s candidates particularly the governorship ticket.

“We are determine to ensrue a level playing ground for all aspirants and we want them to show their popularity with members of the party and thank God our leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has acknowledged this fact,” a prominent member of the party told our correspondent.

For now the die is cast as Lagosians await mother of all governorship battle in the ruling party in the state. Better pray for a good gOvErnor wheter christian or muslim.

[/ quote]
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Eziachi: 1:21pm On May 17, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I don't need to ask her: She was one of my lecturers in my undergraduate days. Her emergence was appointive, not elective. She didn't with the governor but only got there as result of the death of the former deputy. Besides, until her appointment she was the state's chairman of SUBEP.
I don't care if she was the midwife at your birth. Appointive, not elective. Let the governor appoint Wole Soyinka as his deputy and lets see where he will tell him to go with it.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Eziachi: 1:25pm On May 17, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You've just repeated what I said that the events in the SW affect the whole of Nigeria. If you've got nothing to say why don't you call it quit.
No Sir, I am not quitting just yet, until you can understand and digest your own posts, because each one tend to contradict another.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 17, 2013
Eziachi:
I don't care if she was the midwife at your birth. Appointive, not elective. Let the governor appoint Wole Soyinka as his deputy and lets see where he will tell him to go with it.
You contradict yourself. The governor, a Ph.D holder is as educated as the deputy, just that she is a university teacher that has attained the position of a professor. I don't know why you should bring Wole Soyinka into this.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 17, 2013
Eziachi:
No Sir, I am not quitting just yet, until you can understand and digest your own posts, because each one tend to contradict another.
You should be the person to be told to end your Yorubaphobia, Awolowophobia, Soyinkaphobia, etc.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by homerac7: 10:41pm On May 17, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Professors are supposed to be in the universities, not contesting elections but could hold appointive posts. I don't know of any part of the country where former VCs still go back to classes after their tenures. How professors have you seen or read about that contested the presidency in the US? Everybody in the SW politically conscious, no wonder subsequent government avoid any political uprising in that part of the country because it could destabilize the country. The first coups were not unconnected with events in the SW.

Clinton was a professor of Law

Al Gore returned to his associate professor position in university after losing election to GW Bush

Obama is Havard professor of Law

Eziachi:
Your experience is a good as mine. I swim and hunt every day with Awori people in Timbuktu, non of them ever trust Yoruba man or will dream of being called a Yoruba. They rather go and live in Benin Republic than for Lagos to be called a Yoruba land.
During the Abacha's era, they open the door for Yorubas to be humiliated and assassinated in Lagos by Al Mustapha and the Nigerian soldiers. On Yoruba itself, the Egbas regarded the rest of Yoruba as inferior, that why only them rules when you get the opportunity and they claim to be equal Yorubas during elections e.g Abiola/OBJ etc.
Dele Moumodu became the presidential candidate of his party, not even his wife voted for him and they said the publisher is too fat to be a proper Yoruba.
You see, we are kind of, on the same page.

lolzzzzzzzzzzz...you are so so funny! grin grin grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by 99cent: 5:41am On Aug 31, 2013
I have never had any reason to categorize lagos governors based on religion. what a trivial idea. Dunno why these silly topics are cropping up.clearly only an igbo person would be preoccupied by an idea like this.

yoruba christians are typically not interested in participating in politics. i'm sure Adeboye could run for office and win. he choose not to. he doesn't need to. unlike Chris Okotie who makes a fool of himself every four years.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/jonathan_121941020.jpg&size=article_large
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Orikinla(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
[size=18pt]Lagos started with Christian governors like Brigadier Mobolaji Johnson, Commodore Ndubuisi Kanu, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, Navy Captain Mike Akhigbe, Sir Michael Otedola and Colonel Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_Lagos_State[/size]
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by johnie: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2016
Question answered?

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Restoration Of Manhood By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin - Pictures / Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.