Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. (28204 Views)

Car Thieves At FCMB Rumumasi In Port Harcourt Caught (Graphic Photos) / Photos: See how Thieves Extract pin numbers from ATM with card skimmers.... / South African Thieves Stole Justin Bieber's Concert Takings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by spikesC(m): 10:19pm On May 12, 2013
Manliness:

Exactly! Stop overrating naija fraud and give credit to the real black-hats here, though not condoning their actions.

Nigerians do not hack into any accounts, nor do they partake in the hacking, the most they do is phishing (creating clone websites of financial institutions to steal info) which is really easy, you see it on the fake GTB emails everyday, you don't even have to be a good web designer fo' that. For the bank transfers, they just "buy" bank-logins and account details from hackers/black-hats like these, and its not rocket science to do a transfer once you have login info, all you need is a destination account which can also be bought or opened with fake ID's, now thats newbie sh*t. I think a heist like this can hardly be pulled off by our naija ppl, because greediness would kill the operation before it even gets started. You have to admire the way the ring united from different parts of the world to pull off the heist.

All this naija boys overrating don tire me, educate yourself first!.

No one is condoning crime but dude, i can assure you, You don't know what our guys are capable of doing. You just don't know wink
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Manliness(m): 10:33pm On May 12, 2013
spikes C:

No one is condoning crime but dude, i can assure you, You don't know what our guys are capable of doing. You just don't know wink

I can assure you that I do know, there are countries known for various corrupt activities, drug related activities are synonymous to mexicans, cubans, some carribean countries, cyber crimes - russia is king, maybe nepal, vietnam, and very few european countries, this heist might be carried out in the states, but americans hardly know how to exploit their own systems, i'm sure majority are foreigners. Nigeria - romance scams, yes maybe some credit card or bank fraud, but most of them buy these tools (identities, card info's called dumps on the black market, and bank-logins) from russians, and just know how to apply them. So nigerians be able to make transfers out of bank accounts, or encode card info onto magnetic stripes and shop, but they are hardly the source of all those info, they hardly do any hacking, just basic stuff really. Give more credit to the source, and not the application.

So, man, I know.

1 Like

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Ama28(f): 10:41pm On May 12, 2013
This is a major problem in global banking! This internet is linking us all and yet isn't safe.
The earlier the gurus start building cyber walls to prptect us the users the better!
Nigerians will indeed be in this syndicate! Check the down line launders and see.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 12, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
Wow this is cyber wiz, can we now feel the effect of too much computerisation of systems.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by victorv12(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2013
Nigerians can do better!!

Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 12, 2013
Thank God no Nigerians involved in this one
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 12, 2013
What can I say? $45million is kinda too much
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Manliness(m): 11:25pm On May 12, 2013
victorv12: Nigerians can do better!!

And that conclusion is based upon the fact that one man is wanted? I'm pretty sure nigerians make a very low percentage of the FBI's most wanted databases. And I doubt the authenticity of that picture because the FBI isnt even the jurisdiction over financial crimes and bank fraud, the Secret Service is.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 12, 2013
mu2sa2: I know some people who never use ATM card because they are skeptical about it. I thought they are mistaken but from what happened to me today I have to be extra careful with my ATM card. Some 5 hours ago I used my card to pay at a POS terminal. To my greatest surprise immediately the amount was entered transaction was approved without password being entered. Even the checkout lady was surprised and had to call her supervisor, who said it wasn't unusual as it happened even yesterday. It was a supposedly secured UBA Visa and at Shoprite! So if some1 had stolen the card s/he could hav literally emptied my account without even using any password.

A word of advise, never use your ATM in any POS, try and pay cash.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by ikedaniel15: 11:56pm On May 12, 2013
_
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by DonaldGenes(m): 12:05am On May 13, 2013
this is an old news since Friday I saw it on one forum
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by viruz007(m): 12:13am On May 13, 2013
For those of you saying our boys our learners biko calm down. Men dey wry no get joy. Y do u think CBN made banks go frm magnetic strip to chip and pin? Boys dey. Maybe dey just wanna go lowkey... daz all. As for this crime, kudos to d mastermind tho. cool
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by vandarsar(m): 12:27am On May 13, 2013
Lots of them are out there doing there thing and the so call Fed are harpless and cursing about them..... This stuff will keep happening so long their are computer systems and not all would be nabbed by cia or whatever name they answer.

gilgal7: damn....technology is good....but dangerous in d hands of black-hats....one sweet ting is dat they can run....but neva hide....cos nemesis will catch up wit 'em....hahahaha surf safe
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by tallceejay(m): 1:18am On May 13, 2013
The earlier the gurus start building cyber walls to prptect us the users the better!
Nigerians will indeed be in this syndicate! Check the down line launders and see.[/quote]. Hmmmmmn
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by ammnesty: 5:31am On May 13, 2013
NA WAHH 4 U GUYS..OYIBO DO THIEF UNA CALL AM TECHNOLOGY..BT IF NA 9JA GUYS UNA GO BLAME GEJ N HIS ADMINISTRATN??
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by dramendra: 5:43am On May 13, 2013
tripledub: For what shall it profit a man if he gains d whole world and loss his soul. I just hope they turn from their evil thiefry way of getting income.

Should there be regious comment in every post?

But the guys fk na, why not wear a cap and sun glasses before the AtM snap them.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by neksummi(m): 7:28am On May 13, 2013
ammnesty: NA WAHH 4 U GUYS..OYIBO DO THIEF UNA CALL AM TECHNOLOGY..BT IF NA 9JA GUYS UNA GO BLAME GEJ N HIS ADMINISTRATN??

Abi o...

Well that one no concern me as I dey enjoy myself with this:
http://www.somuchtake..com/2013/05/nigerias-simplest-internet-money-making.html
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Walexsammy(m): 8:20am On May 13, 2013
da-gentility:
Damn,Op ur post is 2 long,cant evn read it,talkless of comprehending it.
, dis is our problem in dis country, wat is there that u can't read....chai... If u really wanna hide wisdom, hide it in a book, I bet u, some Niderians won't find it
No wonder examination's failure rate keep increasing SMH
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by dailywealth1967: 8:39am On May 13, 2013
CNN,OPRAH & the western world will always paint Nigeria as the most corrupt nation on earth.Do you know that CNN is pretending not to know anything?
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Ksolo4life(m): 8:44am On May 13, 2013
If Nigerians are involve the whole world will targe nigeria is corrupt. what shall we call these?
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Crixina(f): 9:12am On May 13, 2013
puskin: Nigerians are yet to possess this kind of intellectual cyber power nah.
it will take nigerians years to get here.no offence
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Crixina(f): 9:15am On May 13, 2013
da-gentility:
Damn,Op ur post is 2 long,cant evn read it,talkless of comprehending it.
why would u?when it isn't Tonto Dike wears bikini.just teasing though.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Tinyemeka(m): 11:06am On May 13, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

The real wise guys

No, they are not the wise guys. If yours is a picture of the gang members, then these guys are the "cashers". The mules who went from machine to machine, picking up the cash. They were not wise. They were loquacious dummies, else they wouldn't have exposed their faces to the ATM cameras. They wouldn't have had any pics taken of themselves close to any large pile of cash.

The true wise men were the hackers who accessed the payment switches and fowarded the PINS to the "cashers". They I'm sure, remained faceless and in the background, throughout the operations.

This heist I'm certain, would have been successful if not for the screw-ups of those monkeys you called the wise men.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by blackbeau1(f): 12:29pm On May 13, 2013
lets pray that the armed robbers and the IT guys in naij adont learn how to do this because truth be told, they will never be caught.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Idaretalk: 3:18pm On May 13, 2013
this is exactly what i call professional hacking, just that impatience caused them much. They would have thought both positive and negative aspect before proceeding i.e If they succeed, what to do...... and If eventually they get caught, what will they do.... Always have a plan B in all you do. Good luck to u all but note, A crime is a Crime and will face the penalties when caught. kiss[color=#770077][/color]
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Burch(m): 9:59pm On May 13, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes: this is an old news since Friday I saw it on one forum

How come you are reading it again? Do I say you failed to understand it the first time.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by dagentility(f): 10:00pm On May 13, 2013
yuzedo:

Romance section has some nice, simple topics today. Go knock yourself out. smiley

** off to romance/sexuality section den**
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by dagentility(f): 10:09pm On May 13, 2013
@Crixina & walexsamy pls dnt misunderstand me. I spoke my mind cos d more am reading d post d more longer and more ambigous it becoming,so dats y i said it 2 long and incomprehensible.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by james1(m): 12:07am On May 14, 2013
*sighs*
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Kevstar(m): 7:40am On May 14, 2013
Know the difference between a Hacker and a Script Kiddie.

This is not key logging or phishing.

Besides, I see no reason why anyone would like thier nationality associated with this crime.

If they were that brilliant at what they did or do, they would be somewhere lounging by the beach.
Re: How Thieves Stole $45million In A Few Hours. by Crixina(f): 1:44pm On May 14, 2013
da-gentility:
@Crixina & walexsamy pls dnt misunderstand me. I spoke my mind cos d more am reading d post d more longer and more ambigous it becoming,so dats y i said it 2 long and incomprehensible.
got u sweetie,was just teasing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Footballer Kills Mechanic Over Age Difference (PHOTO) / 36-Year-Old Bus Driver Arrested For Defiling Four-Year-Old Pupil (Photo) / Six Yahoo Boys Jailed In Abeokuta, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.