Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? (3253 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by Wellington(f): 8:00am On Apr 21, 2008
The Africa Version of Big Brother is back and entry forms are available at www.mnetafrica.com. so guys, has any body entered or Is any body thinking of entering?
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by dominique(f): 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2008
yes o! cheesy cheesy me and my sis are entering for fun, of course we wont be picked cos we all know those people will always want nigeria to have bad representation. so heres a tip for anyone who really wants to go. just behave far from intelligent and ofcourse try and look ugly, you may be on your way to the house.
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by oolodumare(m): 12:37am On Apr 24, 2008
Nigerians, please don't participate in Big brother Africa 3, or have we forgotten how Nigeria's Offuneka was sexually harassed and Nigeria was disgraced by Richard, Multichoice, Dstv, Mnet and the big brother producers. They had the audacity to still declare Richard the winner after such a show of shame. That was a direct insult to Nigeria and all Nigerians.

I ask all Nigerians to shun the show in full. No participation, no text messages etc.
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by dominique(f): 11:14am On Apr 26, 2008
@olodumare

i feel u,i wish there is a way to reach out to all nigerians to boycott the auditions. we have to stop allwoing these south african hypocirites treat us lake crap, its obvious they hate us but only tolorate us because of the revenue they make from us. you can imagine how much $$$ they are goin to lose if we boycott the stupid show.
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by klas(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2008
oolodumare:

Nigerians, please don't participate in Big brother Africa 3, or have we forgotten how Nigeria's Offuneka was sexually harassed and Nigeria was disgraced by Richard, Multichoice, Dstv, Mnet and the big brother producers. They had the audacity to still declare Richard the winner after such a show of shame. That was a direct insult to Nigeria and all Nigerians.

I ask all Nigerians to shun the show in full. No participation, no text messages etc.

Why do we like weeping more than the bereaved? Ofunneka herself was quoted severally in Nigerian press that she was not raped (only fingered   ). How was Nigeria disgraced by her action or inaction. Other girls in the house that were shown being perused anatomically, were their countries disgraced? I beeeeggggg, let us send a domitila or a stud this time around to go and bang her/his way to victory. BBA is about entertainment not ambasadorial posting to Vatican or great one kingdom in the middle east.
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by oolodumare(m): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ Klas,

Men of small minds like you, have brought our great Fatherland; Nigeria to ruin.

Many years ago men like you tot, it was okay to sell their compatriots in2 slavery, in exchange for mirrors and combs.

Not so many years ago men like you, tot it was okay to sell the general well being of their fellow Nigerians, in exchange for a fist full of dollars.

Now you and others like you, think it's okay to throw away our national pride, for a few weeks of entertainment.

@ Everyone else,

Please forgive Klas, for he knows not what he speaks of. His mind cannot phantom the issues and mechanics at work here.

This is an issue of national pride. Offuneka, wasn't there to represent herself, but to represent Nigeria. She carried our national colours.

When Richard chose to violate her, he sinned not only against her, but also against us, against Nigeria.

The producers, approved of his shameless act by pronouncing him winner. They disregarded the feelings of Nigerians & other right minded

peoples of the world. If we choose to participate now, we would have justified their utter disregard.

Mark my word,

Someday, Nigeria will be the greatest country in the world. From our Fatherland will rise a new civilization, greater than any the world has ever seen.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 27, 2008
Are you serious about the sexual harassment thingy? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by HRhotness(f): 1:11am On Apr 28, 2008
What harrassment? 

I see a girl who got what she wanted, what do u see?

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEk1B6FfSzs&hl=en&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00[/flash]
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by KikiDixy(f): 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2008
Please lighten up! Eish, Life aint that serious and Ofunneka wasnt raped. They are great friends now, so abeg, next. Make dem send hot bobo from Naija this time around.The show will air, everyone will enjoy it and have their favs, fights, laughs as usual!

Ofu and Richard partied up a storm in lagos 2 months ago and are good friends now,

Looking forward to it!!!!!!

Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by klas(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2008
@oolodumaare

One would have been tempted to ignore your rantings because it is infradig to go down the gutter with you. Read what others who actually own dstv decoder have to say above. Tatiana in one of her interviews when asked whether she projected Angolan women well said "Tatiana represents no one except me [sic]. No one is big enough to represent Angolan women. I went in alone, I came out alone." Stop being unnecessarily emotional about a game. One billion you can't stop this show. when it starts, change channel.
Re: Big Brother Africa 3: Will You Enter? by Mustay(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2008
[center] Reps give condition for airing of BBA-3
[/center]

The controversy surrounding the airing of the reality TV show, Big Brother Africa, in Nigeria, took a new twist on Thursday as the House of Representatives issued tough conditions to Multichoice on BBA-3.

Its Committee on Information and National Orientation directed the South African company to submit a written undertaking to the National Broadcasting Commission that[b] “nudity, sex, early morning showers and other immoral acts” would not be aired in Nigeria during BBA-3.[/b]

Multichoice provides the platform for the transmission of BBA, a production of Nnet Series, to its global audience, especially in Africa.

At a meeting between members of the committee and officials of Multichoice in Abuja, the lawmakers observed that BBA did not promote African values, adding that the title of the show contradicted its content.

The Chairman of the committee, Mr. Dino Melaye, had insisted that the only condition BBA-3 would be aired in Nigeria was if the programme conformed to the Code of Conduct of the National Broadcasting Commission.

Failure to do so, Melaye warned that the NBC would have no option but to wield the big stick against Multichoice.

The representative of Multichoice in Nigeria, Mr. Collins Cullamo, however, told the committee that though his company aired the show, it merely provided a platform for the producers, Mnet.

According to him, in the contract Multichoice signed with Mnet, both parties agreed that the former would not have editorial control over the content of its programmes.

He said that he had informed the officials of Mnet about the concern of the lawmakers over BBA-3.

The MD stated that they were supposed to be in Abuja on Thursday but had problems with their flight arrangements.

(1) (Reply)

Pros And Cons Of Being A Video Vixen In Nigeria / Download Super Story "Stars And Scars" – Episode 1 – 12 (complete Season) / Heroes Volume 4 Begins <<Spoilers!>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.