Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber (65481 Views)

15 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water More / 15 Health Benefits Of Bread Fruit / 15 Health Benefits Of Eating APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by blackbeau1(f): 2:48pm On May 13, 2013
how will we know which ones are organiclly grown cucumbers ?
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by rodeo0070(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2013
Allow me to add...

2 Likes

Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by EveryLadY(f): 3:13pm On May 13, 2013
@op,tanx for this post.am a cucumber freak.for puffy eyes,with cucumber juice with Irish potato juice,soak with a cotton swab and place on ur closed eyelid for 20min.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by babadem2much(m): 3:15pm On May 13, 2013
ikole: YOU ARE CORRECT
which means tested and trusted. gooood analysis
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by blackmale1: 3:26pm On May 13, 2013
ikole: If you have peptic Ulcer, just grind cucumber and gabage together like a juice it will the ulcer. please dont add water because the two of them contain enough water. Take two glass cup every morning 1 hour before ur breakfast.
shocked Kwwatt..cucumber and gabage..
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Djsmart1: 3:52pm On May 13, 2013
nyc info 2pence, u kw some facts abt most fruits remain hidden, until searchs are being carried on them. Nevadless, kudos 2 dis wonderful post.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by dulphines: 4:36pm On May 13, 2013
So you mean cucumber will restore this my bald head? Cucumber go hear am! #Runs out to buy one basket of cucumber#
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by dulphines: 4:38pm On May 13, 2013
ikole: If you have peptic Ulcer, just grind cucumber and gabage together like a juice it will the ulcer. please dont add water because the two of them contain enough water. Take two glass cup every morning 1 hour before ur breakfast.

I guess you meant Cabbage.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by jajad: 4:46pm On May 13, 2013
Does this really taste good?
Also, how much water does gabage contain?
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by naUgotire: 5:48pm On May 13, 2013
U did not tell us the botanical name which 'cucugamoskukumunga'
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by StepG: 7:30pm On May 13, 2013
2pence: Cucumber is often regarded as a healthy food because it is low in calories and fat. Cucumber also contains many vitamins and minerals that make them a healthy choice for cooking and snacking. Here are 15 health benefits of cucumber:

1.Keep body hydrated
Cucumber has 96% water content that is more nutritious than regular water, which helps in keeping the body hydrated and regulating body temperature. It also helps in flushing out the toxins from the body.

2.Skin care
The high water content, vitamins A, B & C and the presence of certain minerals like magnesium, potassium, and silica make cucumbers an essential part of skin care. Facial masks containing cucumber juice can be used for skin tightening. Ascorbic acid and caffeic acid present in cucumbers can bring down the water retention rate which in turn diminishes the puffiness and swelling under the eyes. Cucumber skin also can bring relief to the skin caused by sunburn or windburn.

3.Fight cancers
Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol – three lignans that have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, prostate cancer, uterine cancer, and ovarian cancer.

4.Control Blood Pressure
Cucumber juice contains a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber that work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumber good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.

5.Beneficial for teeth and gums
Cucumber juice is also beneficial for people with teeth and gums problems, especially in cases of pyorrhea. Cucumber is a good source of dietary fiber and this fiber massage in the teeth and gums.

6.Aid digestion
Digestive disorders like acidity, heartburn, gastritis and even ulcers can be cured by the daily consumption of fresh cucumber juice. The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumber are very effective in driving away the toxins from the digestive system and hence aid digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.

7.Promotes Joint health
Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues.

8.Treat tapeworms
Cucumber seeds are used as a natural remedy for treating tapeworms. Bruised cucumber seeds mixed with water are also effective in the treatment of swellings of the mucous membranes of the nose and the throat.

9.Nail care
The high silica content of cucumber also helps to prevent splitting and spoiling of nails of the fingers and toes.

10.Relieve gout and arthritis pain
Cucumber is rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium, when mixed with carrot juice, they can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels.

11.Cures diabetes
The cucumber juice has been found to be beneficial for the diabetic patients. This vegetable contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.

12.Reduces cholesterol
Researchers found that some compound called sterols in cucumber may help reduce cholesterol levels.

13.Stimulate hair growth
Cucumber contains silicon and sulphur and thus a regular intake of cucumber can help promote healthy hair growth. For best results, mix cucumber juice with the juices of carrot, lettuce or spinach.

14.Acts as a diuretic
The water content of Cucumber acts as a diuretic. It encourages the elimination of waste products from the body through urination. Regular intake of cucumber helps to dissolve bladder or kidney stones.

15.Aid in weight loss
Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who looking for weight loss.

When buying cucumbers, choose the ones that are firm to touch and dark green in color. Do not buy overly matured or yellow colored as they are prone to contain more insoluble fiber and mature seeds. Go for organically grown cucumbers to get a rich taste and nutritients content.

source:http://www.healthonlinezine.info/15-health-benefits-of-cucumber.html
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Birdmanjnr(m): 8:29pm On May 13, 2013
yuzedo: op, bro, can a babes use cucuber to do "dat tin" wit theirsef?? pliisss am askin for a frend. undecided undecided
yuz.idi.ot, like seriously how much pay do u recieve for spewing tra.sh most of the time? Lad i know you to be more matured than this. Grow up b4 u are labelled f.oo.l at 40, your mates are getting married.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by okwele1(f): 8:51pm On May 13, 2013
waow, i never knew its this rich. I will definately start eating it before of after meals cos i only use it for salad or coleslaw
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by biafranqueen: 9:04pm On May 13, 2013
Wetin are you people sure I thought you have to genetically have it in your family
ikole: YOU ARE 100% RIGHT
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by biafranqueen: 9:07pm On May 13, 2013
will add it to my smoothie thanks for info
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by OOLUSOGA(m): 9:29pm On May 13, 2013
txt for this info. its helpful.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by miqos02(m): 9:38pm On May 13, 2013
yuzedo: op, bro, can a babes use cucuber to do "dat tin" wit theirsef?? pliisss am askin for a frend. undecided undecided
werelabi
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by 2pence(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2013
[quote author=Xb4Real]Wat abt me dat eat it raw wit groundnuts sumtyms? Is it gud or harmful to my health @OP
Some more tips that might help:

Cucumber and tomatoes cannot be eaten together

Cucumber contains a vitamin C enzyme, which will destroy the vitamin C in the other vegetables. The more vitamin C content the food has, the more severe the damage level caused by decomposing enzyme in cucumber. The tomato is a model of vegetables rich in vitamin C. If they are eaten together, the vitamin C we get from tomatoes will then be destructed by enzymes in cucumber, thus basically being not able to have the effects of supplementing nutrients.

Cucumber cannot be eaten together with peanuts

This cold dish can be found in many families and restaurants. The combination of cucumbersand peanuts, however, is very unscientific. Cucumber is cold in nature and sweet in taste, commonly eaten raw by people; while peanut contains more oil. Generally speaking, if cold food and grease encounter, it will increase its sliding profits, thus causing diarrhea. So they should not be eaten together. Especially for friends with not very good gastrointestinal function, it is best not to eat together. Even if you eat them together, the amount should not be too much.

Do not throw away the “cucumber head”

The tail part of the cucumber contains more bitter elements, so do not do not throw away the “cucumber head”. The bitter element has a unique effect for gastrointestinal inflammation. It can stimulate the secretion of digestive juices and produce large amounts of digestive enzymes, thus making a good appetite. Bitter elements are beneficial to the stomach, increasing gastrointestinal power and helping digestion. Besides, it can prevent the flu.

Should not add alkali or cook with high temperature to eat

Dietary alkali is not a commonly used spice. It’s just a food bulking agent and meat tenderizer. Cooking cucumber does not need using alkali. In addition, it is inappropriate to heat cucumber with high temperature. Heating with high temperature will make the taste become bad and simultaneously will reduce the nutritional value of the cucumber.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 13, 2013
All dis pple just kip getting me angry, if I may ask? Who did d research n found all these benefits? Health benefit of paw paw, bitterleaf, biTter kola, walnut,suya, nasco biscuit, onions even stones.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Owosoup: 11:08pm On May 13, 2013
I am on my usual cucumber dinner right now without knowing these numerous benefits. Thanks to nairaland.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 13, 2013
How can cucumber be used to cure swollen mucouse membrane of the nose, is the bruised seed mixed with water meant to be rubbed on the nose or for intake?
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by mrperfect(m): 2:23am On May 14, 2013
This is very informative and educative post.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by dnawah(m): 6:43am On May 14, 2013
16.it also help cure premature ejaculations with other fruits.(if i lie ask google)gringrin
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Nobody: 9:15am On May 14, 2013
Thanks 4 d advice....,Oooh cUCumb3R,you don die 4 ma hand.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by paix(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2013
If you have peptic Ulcer, just grind cucumber and gabage.
Gabage or CABBAGE please?
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by daddyhez(m): 12:15am On May 21, 2013
Does the local variety grown in Akwa Ibom and Cross River States have the same benefits enumerated, please?
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by guiddoti: 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
Indeed health is wealth. I'm now feeding on cucumber all the way. Thanks 4 sharing this health benefit of cucumber.
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by johne4all: 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
nice one
Re: 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber by jbblues24(m): 5:51am On May 31, 2019
I see trees of green........ red roses too I see em bloom..... for me and for you And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.