Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

5 Worst Leaders In African History - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 5 Worst Leaders In African History (4992 Views)

Arrival Of World Leaders In Paris For UN Climate Change Conference / 5 Best Presidents in African History / Save Nubia, Or 5,000 Years Of African History Will Be Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 13, 2013
Abacha performed well. Abacha achievements are plentiful and easily verifiable.

Nigeria's problems are as a result of IBB and Obasanjo.
Dospix: They performed more than Gej and we were plunged with dept? Why do we always resort to displaying our jingoistic attitude...the situation this country finds herself today is the handy work of the likes of ibb and Abacha.You guys always makes it seem like Gej Jonathan put Nigeria in this state. Genbuhari, i see you as someone who makes a claim and substantiate it with proof...Please, can you list the achievement of Ibb and Abacha that places them way ahead of Gej developmentally. The moment we do away with our bias attitude the better for us. If Nigeria still exist after 2015, we would know who truly is the real devil.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Baba419(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2013
I wouldn't blame the leaders, I will blame the people, it should be countries with the most clueless citizens, nd nigeria we top the list. Afterall the people are the leaders.

1 Like

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Sagamite(m): 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
doncartel: 1- Idi Amin (Uganda)
2- Mobutu Sese Seko (Zaire/Congo)
3- Robert Mugabe (Zimbabwe)
4- Goodluck Jonathan (Nigeria)
5- Muammar Gaddafi (Libya)

1- Idi Amin (Uganda)
2- Mengistu Haile Mariam (Ethiopia)
3- Jean-Bedel Bokassa (Central Africa Republic)
4- Mobutu Sese Seko (Zaire/Congo)

With the amount of sick and insane leaders Africa has had, Goodluck Jonathan should not be anywhere near that list. Being a moooron is not strong enough for this person to be included. Abacha, Siaka Atevens, Hastings Banda, IBB, Obote, Eyedema, Dos Santos of Angola, Said Barre and Bongo are still far above him.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Theben(m): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sagamite:

1- Idi Amin (Uganda)
2- Mengistu Haile Mariam (Ethiopia)
3- Jean-Bedel Bokassa (Central Africa Republic)
4- Mobutu Sese Seko (Zaire/Congo)

With the amount of sick and insane leaders Africa has had, Goodluck Jonathan should not be anywhere near that list. Being a moooron is not strong enough for this person to be include. Abacha, Siaka Atevens, Hastings Banda, IBB, Obote, Eyedema, Dos Santos of Angola, Said Barre and Bongo are still far above him.
Where is your 'd'? Product of failed uk education system grin grin grin
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Sagamite(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
Theben:
Where is your 'd'? Product of a failed uk education system grin grin grin

person, "a" is required!

"UK" is a name, so it has to start with capital letters. cool

And it is not "..........of sick and insane leaders Africa have had". grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by panafrican(m): 1:29am On Oct 07, 2013

1. Allassane Ouattara , Cote d'Ivoire, Criminal, thug, liar, thief.
2. Blaise Compaore , Burkina Faso, top traitor.
3. Peter Botha, South Africa +Johannes Vorster, South Africa
4. Goodluck Jonathan (Nigeria)+ Mobutu Sesse Seko. Both are sell-outs.
5. Abdoulaye Wade, Senegal. He is a thug.

1 Like

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 4:02am On Oct 07, 2013
Can you guys blame goodluck johnathon? If he doesn't obey America then Nigeria would get the Libya/Syria treatment.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 4:07am On Oct 07, 2013
CROWÉ: Yes, Mugabe is a horrible leader, after almost 30 years Zimbabwe have no economy to speak of, he is easily one of the worst rulers by any standard. By comparison the emperor of Japan turned Japan from a primitive state to a recognized power in about 30 years, even outperforming Russia who was a great power at the time. Zimbabwe is the perfect example of supreme ignorance and stewpidity, Mugabe took farms from the white people split them into smaller chunks and effectively ruined their commercial value and gave them to the black people, today many of them are abandoned, they are as failed as a state can get before it collapses and that man has had enough time to fix that country a few times over.
There are reasons behind this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnREo7CdUzo
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 07, 2013
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Sagamite(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2013
igbo2011: Can you guys blame goodluck johnathon? If he doesn't obey America then Nigeria would get the Libya/Syria treatment.

What treatment did Syria get?

And what does Nigeria need to obey?
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sagamite:

What treatment did Syria get?

And what does Nigeria need to obey?

Syria treatment as in fund terror groups in order to overthrow a leader. Right now Goodluck is obeying America and not going his own way. He is a good puppet. If he doesn't obey and tries to be like Gadaffi, Mugabe and Bashir then Nigeria will get hell brought towards it. America might fund Boko Haram and MEND to start a ivil war to kill thousands of people. America has a history of doing this.

1 Like

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Sagamite(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
igbo2011:

Syria treatment as in fund terror groups in order to overthrow a leader. Right now Goodluck is obeying America and not going his own way. He is a good puppet. If he doesn't obey and tries to be like Gadaffi, Mugabe and Bashir then Nigeria will get hell brought towards it. America might fund Boko Haram and MEND to start a ivil war to kill thousands of people. America has a history of doing this.

So they are the ones that started the trouble in Syria?

What is GEJ obeying?
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 12:11am On Oct 08, 2013
Sagamite:

What is GEJ obeying?
Yes AMerica and their western allies are causing thousands of deaths and bringing hell to Syria. Destablizing the country. Goodluck obeys whatever Obama and his corporate masters tell him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkamZg68jpk

1 Like

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Horus(m): 12:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Robert Mugabe should NOT be on the list
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by thoth: 3:13am On Oct 08, 2013
God! how can there be such a list without the [size=18pt] Demonic Olusegun Obasanjo and IBB!![/size]
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by thoth: 3:20am On Oct 08, 2013
igbo2011:
Yes AMerica and their western allies are causing thousands of deaths and bringing hell to Syria. Destablizing the country. Goodluck obeys whatever Obama and his corporate masters tell him.

Like Devaluing the Naira, removing subsidies, sacking government workforce, privatizing public institutions at peanut prices to western exploitative and destructive multi-nationals , Transferring the Data Collected during the ID card registration to US and Britain in the name of fighting terrorism, Turning a blind eye to the destruction of his Ijaw homeland by British and American Oil companies and even repressing his people who dares speak out, publicly and unashamedly lending support to western intervention in African affairs and violent overthrow of African leaders bypassing African Organizations like AU( cases: Gbagbo and Gaddafi) in fact GEJ is a Moronic Zombie American Puppet with no conscience.

1 Like

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 5:38am On Oct 08, 2013
thoth:

Like Devaluing the Naira, removing subsidies, sacking government workforce, privatizing public institutions at peanut prices to western exploitative and destructive multi-nationals , Transferring the Data Collected during the ID card registration to US and Britain in the name of fighting terrorism, Turning a blind eye to the destruction of his Ijaw homeland by British and American Oil companies and even repressing his people who dares speak out, publicly and unashamedly lending support to western intervention in African affairs and violent overthrow of African leaders bypassing African Organizations like AU( cases: Gbagbo and Gaddafi) in fact GEJ is a Moronic Zombie American Puppet with no conscience.

I agree with you but my question to you is would you rather have him doing this or have someone who is against the west like Mugabe, Bashir and Gaddaffi then America destroys Nigeria like they did Libya and are doing now in Syria? What do you think?
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by thoth: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2013
igbo2011:

I agree with you but my question to you is would you rather have him doing this or have someone who is against the west like Mugabe, Bashir and Gaddaffi then America destroys Nigeria like they did Libya and are doing now in Syria? What do you think?

Nigeria is not Libya, it will be unreasonable even outright stupid to invade Nigeria by the USA, we are a nation of 160 million people and Americans would need millions of soldiers on the ground to ever accomplish anything. If you ask me i will like to have Abacha/Idiagbon combo as the leaders of Nigeria. and people like Soludo as Advisers. USA can only sanction and foam at the mouth as they did during the time of Buhari and Abacha.

However unlike those period they have acquired an asset in the name of Boko-Haram which they can activate to cause mayhem but unlike Libya which is a nation of 7 million people if a military man like Abacha is our leader we would stop hearing about Boko-Haram in two months. even if the Americans recruit millions of foreign fighters from chad and Nigel(which would be impossible) they can still not accomplish anything.

A wise reader can now see why they really want Nigeria to break into smaller countries that are easily subdued.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Sagamite(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2013
igbo2011:

That does not answer my question. Here are the questions I asked you:

What is GEJ obeying?
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
thoth:

Nigeria is not Libya, it will be unreasonable even outright stupid to invade Nigeria by the USA, we are a nation of 160 million people and Americans would need millions of soldiers on the ground to ever accomplish anything. If you ask me i will like to have Abacha/Idiagbon combo as the leaders of Nigeria. and people like Soludo as Advisers. USA can only sanction and foam at the mouth as they did during the time of Buhari and Abacha.

However unlike those period they have acquired an asset in the name of Boko-Haram which they can activate to cause mayhem but unlike Libya which is a nation of 7 million people if a military man like Abacha is our leader we would stop hearing about Boko-Haram in two months. even if the Americans recruit millions of foreign fighters from chad and Nigel(which would be impossible) they can still not accomplish anything.

A wise reader can now see why they really want Nigeria to break into smaller countries that are easily subdued.

Did you know that America is building a drone base in Niger? Also AFICOOM in Liberia. There are also French bases all around Nigeria in Francophone countries. America can also fund MEND to destroy Nigeria as well. What are your thoughts on that?

Also do you have articles on how merica sanctioned Nigeria during Buhari and Abacha?
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sagamite:

That does not answer my question. Here are the questions I asked you:

What is GEJ obeying?

1. Yes America started the trouble in Syria.

2. GEJ is obeying America as in what thoth said: "Like Devaluing the Naira, removing subsidies, sacking government workforce, privatizing public institutions at peanut prices to western exploitative and destructive multi-nationals , Transferring the Data Collected during the ID card registration to US and Britain in the name of fighting terrorism, Turning a blind eye to the destruction of his Ijaw homeland by British and American Oil companies and even repressing his people who dares speak out, publicly and unashamedly lending support to western intervention in African affairs and violent overthrow of African leaders bypassing African Organizations like AU( cases: Gbagbo and Gaddafi) in fact GEJ is a Moronic Zombie American Puppet with no conscience."

1 Like

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
igbo2011:

1. Yes America started the trouble in Syria.

How?

igbo2011:
2. GEJ is obeying America as in what thoth said: "Like Devaluing the Naira, removing subsidies, sacking government workforce, privatizing public institutions at peanut prices to western exploitative and destructive multi-nationals , Transferring the Data Collected during the ID card registration to US and Britain in the name of fighting terrorism, Turning a blind eye to the destruction of his Ijaw homeland by British and American Oil companies and even repressing his people who dares speak out, publicly and unashamedly lending support to western intervention in African affairs and violent overthrow of African leaders bypassing African Organizations like AU( cases: Gbagbo and Gaddafi) in fact GEJ is a Moronic Zombie American Puppet with no conscience."

Prove.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sagamite:

How?

Prove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xft6JVLBdcw

Sgamite there are too many articles on the internet. If you choose to be naive then so be it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by thoth: 1:03am On Oct 09, 2013
igbo2011:

Did you know that America is building a drone base in Niger? Also AFICOOM in Liberia. There are also French bases all around Nigeria in Francophone countries. America can also fund MEND to destroy Nigeria as well. What are your thoughts on that?

Also do you have articles on how merica sanctioned Nigeria during Buhari and Abacha?
MEND is not as big a threat as they would have you believe, the fact is that not majority of the indigenous population supports MEND so it would have a hard time if a full scale campaign is launched against it.
Why they blew MEND out of proportion is that they tend to do that with any group that threatens their interests so to garner support for action or to isolate such groups even if it comprises of just a dozen people. In this case MEND is a threat to western Oil Interests in Nigeria though i don't know if they still are .

I know about the drone bases, i read about it at globalresearch.ca and it is getting scary, AQIM gave them the reason they needed to implement AFRICOM and BOKOHARAM will give them further reason to dig deeper but if Nigeria is truly united which i am afraid we are not then all these gigs would not be a significant threat to us, adopting pre-emptive strategic policies would solve the problem by having those nations which they built their bases become very hostile to them and ejecting them even before they can use it for their real plan.

The reality is that your leaders are not that visionary, they care more about looting the nation than safeguarding it.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by igbo2011(m): 3:16am On Oct 09, 2013
thoth:
MEND is not as big a threat as they would have you believe, the fact is that not majority of the indigenous population supports MEND so it would have a hard time if a full scale campaign is launched against it.
Why they blew MEND out of proportion is that they tend to do that with any group that threatens their interests so to garner support for action or to isolate such groups even if it comprises of just a dozen people. In this case MEND is a threat to western Oil Interests in Nigeria though i don't know if they still are .

I know about the drone bases, i read about it at globalresearch.ca and it is getting scary, AQIM gave them the reason they needed to implement AFRICOM and BOKOHARAM will give them further reason to dig deeper but if Nigeria is truly united which i am afraid we are not then all these gigs would not be a significant threat to us, adopting pre-emptive strategic policies would solve the problem by having those nations which they built their bases become very hostile to them and ejecting them even before they can use it for their real plan.

The reality is that your leaders are not that visionary, they care more about looting the nation than safeguarding it.

Where is th article on globalresearch? Also do you have morei nfo on the buhari and abacha regime? I am trying to do eonomic research and their policies would help.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by thoth: 3:49am On Oct 09, 2013
igbo2011:

Where is th article on globalresearch? Also do you have morei nfo on the buhari and abacha regime? I am trying to do eonomic research and their policies would help.

For the Globalresearch articles

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-u-s-military-swarms-over-africa/5318560
http://www.globalresearch.ca/american-drones-over-africa-new-us-military-bases-in-west-africa/5321454
http://www.globalresearch.ca/confronting-china-us-boosts-military-presence-in-africa/5328676

The Economic policies of Buhari and Abacha are in bit and pieces all over the net, you should contact the nairanland user GenBuhari he has a lot of info on the policies of those two.
Genbuhari : https://www.nairaland.com/genbuhari
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by bigrovar(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2013
CROWÉ: Yes, Mugabe is a horrible leader, after almost 30 years Zimbabwe have no economy to speak of, he is easily one of the worst rulers by any standard. By comparison the emperor of Japan turned Japan from a primitive state to a recognized power in about 30 years, even outperforming Russia who was a great power at the time. Zimbabwe is the perfect example of supreme ignorance and stewpidity, Mugabe took farms from the white people split them into smaller chunks and effectively ruined their commercial value and gave them to the black people, today many of them are abandoned, they are as failed as a state can get before it collapses and that man has had enough time to fix that country a few times over.

Smirks of someone drunk on western media propaganda. It is sad that many hold view such as yours without even trying to digg deeper and see beyond the smoke screen. I don't blame you though, once the PR machine is turned against a person/state its hard to prove to the contrary. We had a team from my work place visit Zimbabwe recently regarding investment possibility. When my boss and other colleagues got back, they were full of tales of wonderment with one of my boss stating he would never ever believe western media ever.

The reports I got from my colleague was a country on the right path towards economic independence, Zimbabwe is rich in minerals and Mugabe has initiated reforms which lead to the mining sector to be 100% driven by Zimbabweans, Not a single foreign company was involved in mining activities as Zimbabwean scientist have even developed their own tools and equipment all built and operated by Zimbabweans, (if only we could say same about Nigeria). The report was of a very organized country with good infrastructure(Road, electricity etc) corruption is very low.. and with an annual growth rate of close to 5% GDP with the country recovering from the recession and near collapse of the early 2000s.. The dollarization of their currency eliminated the hyper-influation resultant from the troubled land ownership transfer and western sactions.

In terms of education Zimbabweans are one of the most educated people in Africa with a literacy rate of over 90% that more than can be said of a certain "giant of Africa"

Mugabe is not perfect but he is no where near the monster he is presented to be. I met a Zimbabwean recently and even she admitted that she trust Mugabe more than she would the MDC clowns who lack the discipline of Mugabe.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Olivebranches(m): 11:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Gadaffi, Mugabe and Jonathan should be removed from that list.

Mugabe was tagged 'bad and corrupt' because he launched a land tenure system policy that favoured his people while badly affecting the west and americans who innitialy owned up to 70% of Zimbabwean lands. Imagine, almost all lands in Zimbabwe were owned by the west.

Gadaffi fell out with the super power because of oil and his refuseal to be exploited.

Jonathan is not bad, the north are bad and selfish. They've been making 9ja 'ungovernable' for him. From Boko haram to new PDP, all the creation of the north. So leave Jonathan alone!

Other ones can remain in the list.
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Sagamite(m): 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
igbo2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xft6JVLBdcw

Sgamite there are too many articles on the internet. If you choose to be naive then so be it.

What is this defending?

Is this your proof that America started the war in Syria?

Or is this your proof that GEJ is America's puppet?
Re: 5 Worst Leaders In African History by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2013

That should never be on the list guy!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mitchel Obama's Mother Is A Nigerian / Inside Iranian Factory Where U.S. And U.K. Flags Are Made For Burning(Pics) / Funny Pictures About U.S Plans To Invade Syria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.