Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,551 members, 7,854,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:41 PM

How Well Do You Know Your Bible Or Quran? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Well Do You Know Your Bible Or Quran? (453 Views)

How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Your Bible Or Quran? by waleadex(m): 11:10pm On May 12, 2013
It's amazing how most people prefer reading novels,bulletins etc to reading a Bible or Quran. To know God is to be familiar with those scriptural books. Going to church or mosque alone is not enough to know God and what He wants from us but to learn from holy books that describe God,His creatures,His prophets,etc. Many times,when people have problems they fall for the tricks/scam/gimmicks of some fake spiritualists because they believe they get solutions from them as they are seemed to know God more. I am human and that makes me to have tendency of having my own shortcomings or predicaments or problems but the Quran has tremendously helped me in getting less worried. To be honest here,I am not an extremist,I practise Islam as moderate as possible and so I know exactly how to talk to God for solutions when in problems. That I know through my familiarity with Quran,even with Bible. My best friend is a xtian and he does same. I have asked so many people in the past why they think God enjoys happiness in not answering their prayers;different answers were tendered. Some said their past sins could be the cause and others said maybe God didn't just give open ears to their prayers. I told them God hears all prayers people say onto Him but He won't answer all. I later gave them a very good example of God-answering-prayer by describing it with a father-son-request. It goes thus : A boy of 6yrs begging his father to allow him drive his father's Bentley always won't have the request granted until he's ripe of the age to do so. My believe is that everything for everyone is pre-ordained by God and where one is not pleased with what comes his/her way,prayer does it. Fellow Nairalanders,I will like you to share how well you know your Bible or Quran with us.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Put Out People's Candle / What Do You Think Of Street Preechers ? / Where Is Vowiski?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.