Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,388 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape (34331 Views)

Nigerian Dies From Beating Over Attempted Rape In Malaysia / Student Of University Of Benin Caught In Attempted Rape! / Teenager Kills Boyfriend For Attempted Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by ckkris: 9:14am On May 14, 2013
DICKtator: Victim fought back. A case of self defense!!
But we would need to hear the other side of the coin.
Someone get a necromancer. What really happened ?
grin grin grin grin
Tiv tribe has many necromancers. Eiye Frats too de rape, na wetin?
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by dplomaticVal: 9:18am On May 14, 2013
I will be d last fool 2 bliev all dat dis DEADLY WITCH has vomitted,if she wasnt a sex-maniac then why would she leav her fada's house 2 visit a potent grown-up man who doesn't live wit his relations by that time of d night and she even had d guts 2 flow him 2his apartmnt only 2 kill him in refusal of d same sex she earlier went for. Its obvious She must faaaaaaace d fulllllll wrath of d law 2 serve as deterent 4guls of her kind dt keep late nite. PERIOD !!!
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by ckkris: 9:39am On May 14, 2013
Delafruita:
finally you agree that she stabbed him to death and ot that she just swung aimlessly.thats been my point all along.i dont deny that the foolissh boy attempted to rape her,however,i wot accept the fact that she had no malicious intent when she swung that knife especially since don ewizzy wasnt armed when she was in possession of the knife.you cal call it a moment of rage or a loss of consciousness of right and wrong but the reality is she swung with intent to kill.hell,she could even have been threatening with the knife before stabbing the morafoka
Or the spoilt frat drunk staggered into the motion of kitchen knife.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by ckkris: 9:46am On May 14, 2013
dplomaticVal: I will be d last fool 2 bliev all dat dis DEADLY WITCH has vomitted
She voluntarily REPORTED the incident to her parents, and they all went to the police. In this blessed Nigeria who would have worried about a dead frat. Everyone would conclude they always kill themselves.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by angelbenson(f): 10:03am On May 14, 2013
Not her fult she try every thing she could to play save but the guy dint accept it so she got to save her self hw I wish all dose rapist will die lik dis
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Delafruita(m): 10:16am On May 14, 2013
Okija juju:

A girl that is about to be r`aped, gets the one chance to grab a knife, what do you think her intention would be?! To take a picture with it and upload it on BBM with the status 'R`ape things; Self-defence mode activated' or what?! Ofcourse her intent at that point would be to get out via any means possible including killing her assailant for her to escape. A person acting in self defence can never be said to have malicious intent. Go and ask a lawyer sir. When once you establish that malice was involved, then automatically, its no longer self defence but an act of murder because now you have what the law calls 'Mens Rea' and 'Actus Rea' which are both necessary for a killing to be tagged MURDER.

Im sorry, but your post is absolute rubbish coming from the perspective of the Law. You cant use 'Malicious intent' and 'Self-defence' to describe the same act of killing. I'm sorry, that what is called an oxymoron.
you have the wrong perception of self-defence as it pertains to this case.as at the time she was in posession of the knife,was don ewizzy armed?personally,i believe she'd be set free.however,i believe there is more to this story than meets the eye.since at the point where she stabbed ewizzy,he was unarmed,self-defence has evaporated.you can attempt to argue involuntary manslaughter but once a connection can be established between them,involuntary manlaughter goes out the window and the investigation will shift to finding motive
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Delafruita(m): 10:19am On May 14, 2013
ckkris:
Or the spoilt frat drunk staggered into the motion of kitchen knife.
such a motion would lead to a fickle stab wound at best.definitely not lethal
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by phinter: 10:31am On May 14, 2013
Rape is such a painful thing for a lady and her family. If the story is true like girl has narrated, then God have mercy on the boys soul. she even said he worships another god as he tried raping her.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by AmeLonRo(m): 11:04am On May 14, 2013
What do I say? The deed has been done. If story is true the girl is bravely virtuous. But I would have preferred she wounded him sha. Rest in piece boy. When your fellow students were preaching to you you took them for granted. Now, you put your parents and loved ones who are looking up to you to help them in pain and sorrow. What a loss! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Michky: 1:07pm On May 14, 2013
Delafruita:
you have the wrong perception of self-defence as it pertains to this case.as at the time she was in posession of the knife,was don ewizzy armed?personally,i believe she'd be set free.however,i believe there is more to this story than meets the eye.since at the point where she stabbed ewizzy,he was unarmed,self-defence has evaporated.you can attempt to argue involuntary manslaughter but once a connection can be established between them,involuntary manlaughter goes out the window and the investigation will shift to finding motive
...and in addition to your wonderful post, it is certain that the guy got what he deserved. Plus, it is certain that most of what the girl said is very true. But the key word here is "MOST" and not "ALL". Is it a contradiction or is it just me or what? She said the room was dark and one could hardly see a thing. Right? She also said she just waved the knife but didnt realise the guy was close enough to have been at the risk of being stabbed. She actually intended to scare him away. Also, she said she picked the knife from where the guy dropped it. Right? Well, my question is this: if the room was that dark, how did she see the knife in the dark? Now, here's my thought. I want to believe she acted in self defense. Also, i want to believe she intentionally stabbed the deceased because if she could spot the knife from afar, she should have been able to sense the proximity of the guy's body to the knife in her hand, thereby averting the killing. In short, she intended to stab the guy but didnt know he would die from the act. A good lawyer will keep her behind bars for life just as a good lawyer is now her only hope for freedom. There's more but i will stop here for now.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 14, 2013
Unfortunately the dead don't talk but only listens!

Wish his family strenght to bear the loss.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by josite: 2:31pm On May 14, 2013
at best it is her story and at best evidence thst the late boy is a wild irresponsible guy will help her story but she will certainly not be convicted for murder but for manslaughter and a good lawyer can make all the difference by engaging the family of the late boy in negotiation and offer them a lumpsum money as compensation to accept the loss and move on which I think is a better option for the girl and his family.The police will never let them go scott free and will extort them to hell unless they get a streetsmart lawyer skilled at native negotiation.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 14, 2013
He met his Waterloo that day

I wanted to preserve my virginity, not to kill him • Claims teenager arrested for allegedly stabbing classmate
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 14, 2013
Kizopumpin: Quite unfortunate, A friend of mine is the husband to the lady she went to help in Ologun-eru before going to the deceased apartment later in the day. even the police in the Eleyele district have busted the dead guy before on yahoo yahoo and rape charges before (what i heard from the lady she went to assisted before the mishap) even though she truly acted on self defense, quite sad there is no body to tell the other side story. I just hope the girl family could get a very good lawyer to fight her case else she is gonna be in jail for a long time. smh undecided

How did we miss this?
I hope the lawyers can dig up this past records plus witnesses if they exist
This defendant needs it to prove her case
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by truly: 3:31pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:

How did we miss this?
I hope the lawyers can dig up this past records plus witnesses if they exist
This defendant needs it to prove her case

People often go after debtors to their deceased relations
But might run into their creditors
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by ITbomb(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2013
na U go tire:

So, anytime woman follow you go your house, na to Bleep, abi? Dirty mind!
Anytime I drink my alomo finish and woman follow me enter house, na to Bleep. satisfied?
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Okijajuju: 9:02am On May 15, 2013
Delafruita:

[b]My guy, again, your arguement and definition of self-defence fails to hit the mark. Now let me explain;

A man is busy beating his wife with his fist, she somehow manages to stand up, run into a room locks the door, grabs hold of the mans Gun inside the room. The man walks up to the door and starts banging and trying to kick it down, she squeezes the trigger 5 times and he falls dead. Thats called self-defence.

In this our case, A young girl for whatever reason follows a man to his house, only for him to lock the doors, grab hold of a knife and is forcing her to strip in oorder to r`ape her. She resists and he has starts slapping her around. She running aound, screaming for help and none is coming. She somehow grabs hold of the knife and stabs him in other to escape and you say its not self defence?! REALLY?! Because he wasnt armed?! Do you realise that a clenched fist constitutes a weapon?! Do you realize that his slapping her around and forcefully trying to strip her constitutes assault?! Do you realize that locking the doors with the padlock constitutes kidnap?! All these summed up constitutes 'attempted rape'?! And that all these are potentially violent situations?! And in all these, any action a victim takes to save there lifes would be considered self-defence?!

I'll give you another true story I saw on crime and investigation. A married man was in the habit of going out to work, on his way back he stops at a pub, then he would return home and viciously assault and r`ape his wife. Several domestic violence arrests had been issued for him in the past, but it was still a recurring habit. One night, she hears his car pull into the drive way, she watches him from their upstairs bedroom window as he stumbles out of the car drunk. She can hear him screaming her name as he waks up the stairs. She grabs the mans winchester rifle off the wall, points at the door and fires. In court, she used the self defence plea because she felt threatened by him at that point in time.

What your problem seems to be is that you think self defence only applies when the two parties are armed, and thats not the case. And mind you, Self-Defence is also a type of Man Slaughter, and if you say I can argue 'involuntary' Man Slaughter, then your theory of 'Malice' still flies out the window. Here is the simple equation;

Malice = Intent
Involunatry = No Intent
Self Defence = No Intent, No Malice, Self Preservation. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Okijajuju: 9:21am On May 15, 2013
Michky: ...and in addition to your wonderful post, it is certain that the guy got what he deserved. Plus, it is certain that most of what the girl said is very true. But the key word here is "MOST" and not "ALL". Is it a contradiction or is it just me or what? She said the room was dark and one could hardly see a thing. Right? She also said she just waved the knife but didnt realise the guy was close enough to have been at the risk of being stabbed. She actually intended to scare him away. Also, she said she picked the knife from where the guy dropped it. Right? Well, my question is this: if the room was that dark, how did she see the knife in the dark? Now, here's my thought. I want to believe she acted in self defense. Also, i want to believe she intentionally stabbed the deceased because if she could spot the knife from afar, she should have been able to sense the proximity of the guy's body to the knife in her hand, thereby averting the killing. In short, she intended to stab the guy but didnt know he would die from the act. A good lawyer will keep her behind bars for life just as a good lawyer is now her only hope for freedom. There's more but i will stop here for now.

[b]I like the bolded question and heres my answer.

If you re-read her account, there were several light sources in the room. A torchlight, a Laptop and her phone. So the room must have been dimly lit atleast. Dont forget he was able to show her his Eiye Fraternity insignia on his wall even inside the darkness of the room o. Also, I'm sure youve heard of 'eye adaptation', which is simply the ability of the eye to adjust to various levels of darkness.

Also note, it doesnt matter if the room was lit up or not, the matter remains that there was an assailant in front of her with a knife and an intention to r`ape her. I'm sure her thoughts at that point would have been get out of here anyhow you can. When she grabbed that knife, i'm sure she wasnt thinking like an assasin of lemme stab his thigh in a non lethal way and make my get away. If anything, she probably just flung her hands with the intention to scare or pierce him which would give her ample time to make her escape.

A good lawyer can only put this girl behind bars only because she has a bad lawyer. Two lawyers of equal mettle would argue out this case and the girl will still come out ontop. Especially because the guy already has a prior record of r`ape.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 9:26am On May 15, 2013
give me 10 mins in the court to cross-examine this girl and she would go to jail. just 10 mins!

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Okijajuju: 10:23am On May 15, 2013
coogar: give me 10 mins in the court to cross-examine this girl and she would go to jail. just 10 mins!

If I'm her lawyer, she'll never take the stand.. Over to you!
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 10:35am On May 15, 2013
Okija juju:
If I'm her lawyer, she'll never take the stand.. Over to you!

she would never take which stand?
i can prove murder - the unlawful killing of another human being with malice afterthought.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Okijajuju: 10:42am On May 15, 2013
coogar:

she would never take which stand?
i can prove murder - the unlawful killing of another human being with malice afterthought.

The stand in court, so you wouldnt be able to cross examine nothing but her statement.

You would be able to prove murder abi?! Even when the dead guy has a prior arrest for r`ape abi?! Plus is cult affiliation as well. lol! Someone must feel he is Denny Crane.. grin

The girl would walk. This is an open and shut case.

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 10:55am On May 15, 2013
Okija juju:

The stand in court, so you wouldnt be able to cross examine nothing but her statement.

You would be able to prove murder abi?! Even when the dead guy has a prior arrest for r`ape abi?! Plus is cult affiliation as well. lol! Someone must feel he is Denny Crane.. grin

The girl would walk. This is an open and shut case.

prior arrest for räpe? where? how? can you prove this or is this another hearsay like the pistorius case where neighbours living 1000 feet away claimed they heard screams in the night?

even if he's got prior arrest, it's still unlawful for this girl to have killed him. all the 5 elements of murder are present. the knife dropped, which means there was no threat to the life of the girl at that moment. it should be the guy getting to the knife first, not the girl. think about it!

let's even assume she had the right to self defence - only reasonable force is allowed. she didnt swipe at the dude to get a cut.....she stabbed him, i.e. a full forward thrust of the knife into the boy's heart! it's an open n shut case of murder. not even johnny cochrane can win this case against me.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Okijajuju: 2:29pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:

prior arrest for räpe? where? how? can you prove this or is this another hearsay like the pistorius case where neighbours living 1000 feet away claimed they heard screams in the night?

even if he's got prior arrest, it's still unlawful for this girl to have killed him. all the 5 elements of murder are present. the knife dropped, which means there was no threat to the life of the girl at that moment. it should be the guy getting to the knife first, not the girl. think about it!

let's even assume she had the right to self defence - only reasonable force is allowed. she didnt swipe at the dude to get a cut.....she stabbed him, i.e. a full forward thrust of the knife into the boy's heart! it's an open n shut case of murder. not even johnny cochrane can win this case against me.

[b]LOL!!

-Prior arrest for r'ape was stated by a Nairalander here.
-The guy is obviously a cultist which speaks to his general character and which means he has a high propensity for violence.
-That the knife dropped did not mean the girl was out of danger. Remember that the girl wasnt trying to stop a stabbing but a r'ape. His bare hands alone (which he already slapped her with) still constituted a weapon and therefore a threat to her life.
-In the battle of the sexes, it is believe that the women are the weaker sex.
-The question of reasonable force can be argued justly. She didnt stab him multiple times which would suggest rage. She stabbed him once and that was the fatal shot. In this case, her stab can be argued to be reasonable force because it was enough to incapacitate her attacker long enough for her to escape.
-That the knife penetrated deep enough to hit his heart os of no consequence in this case. It can be argued that she stabbed him or that he ran into the knife with enough force for it to hit his heart.

She doesnt need a Johnny Cochrane to win this, a simple freshmen law student is all she needs.

#Defence rests. grin [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 2:56pm On May 15, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]LOL!!

-Prior arrest for r'ape was stated by a Nairalander here.
-The guy is obviously a cultist which speaks to his general character and which means he has a high propensity for violence.
-That the knife dropped did not mean the girl was out of danger. Remember that the girl wasnt trying to stop a stabbing but a r'ape. His bare hands alone (which he already slapped her with) still constituted a weapon and therefore a threat to her life.
-In the battle of the sexes, it is believe that the women are the weaker sex.
-The question of reasonable force can be argued justly. She didnt stab him multiple times which would suggest rage. She stabbed him once and that was the fatal shot. In this case, her stab can be argued to be reasonable force because it was enough to incapacitate her attacker long enough for her to escape.
-That the knife penetrated deep enough to hit his heart os of no consequence in this case. It can be argued that she stabbed him or that he ran into the knife with enough force for it to hit his heart.

She doesnt need a Johnny Cochrane to win this, a simple freshmen law student is all she needs.

#Defence rests. grin [/b]

1) what's the credibility of the guy that told you about the prior arrest? has the police confirmed the deceased had previous record? this is not a customary court, okija!

2) that point is moot! not all cultists have propensity for violence. some members are recruited for other purposes ranging from connections, financial backing, etc. you will have to prove this guy belongs to a cult too - that the accused mentioned it does not make it true.

3) another weak point. there was a reason the deceased picked the knife as a weapon of choice in the first place. if he could harm the accused with his bare arms, why get the knife.

4) weak point - in the battle of sexes, the deceased(male) died and the accused(female) lived without any defensive marks, wounds or bruises.

5) someone died - reasonable force does not play a part anymore. why did she aim for his upper body knowing that area of the body can cause death. she had the knife, why didnt she swing at his feet, thighs, etc? stabbing someone cannot be classed as reasonable force especially when the deceased was no longer armed.

6) read her statement again - she admitted she lunged at him with the knife. he didn't run into the blade. the accused stabbed him forcefully!

she will go to jail for murder, perhaps manslaughter if its true the man has a previous arrest!

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 15, 2013
coogar: give me 10 mins in the court to cross-examine this girl and she would go to jail. just 10 mins!

From all d comments u have made here, YOU wud lose woefully

2 Likes

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 3:07pm On May 15, 2013
lynpetra:
From all d comments u have made here, I wud lose woefully

you would lose? biko, are you the accused?
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:

you would lose? biko, are you the accused?

Modified..
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 3:26pm On May 15, 2013
lynpetra:
Modified..

i would lose?
hahahaha - this woman admitted she stabbed the guy in self-defence. she would go to jail for either murder or manslaughter. she cannot walk free from court!
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:

i would lose?
hahahaha - this woman admitted she stabbed the guy in self-defence. she would go to jail for either murder or manslaughter. she cannot walk free from court!

Was she suppose to deny??Weda her story has some loopholes or not,she acted in self defense.There is a difference between trying to be smart and trying to be logical.A good judge wud see the first wen u present ur own case.

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Michky: 12:14pm On May 22, 2013
lynpetra:

Was she suppose to deny??Weda her story has some loopholes or not,she acted in self defense.There is a difference between trying to be smart and trying to be logical.A good judge wud see the first wen u present ur own case.
What exactly are you saying here girl? Smart? Logical? Cant one smartly state a logical argument anymore?
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Michky: 12:27pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

1) what's the credibility of the guy that told you about the prior arrest? has the police confirmed the deceased had previous record? this is not a customary court, okija!

2) that point is moot! not all cultists have propensity for violence. some members are recruited for other purposes ranging from connections, financial backing, etc. you will have to prove this guy belongs to a cult too - that the accused mentioned it does not make it true.

3) another weak point. there was a reason the deceased picked the knife as a weapon of choice in the first place. if he could harm the accused with his bare arms, why get the knife.

4) weak point - in the battle of sexes, the deceased(male) died and the accused(female) lived without any defensive marks, wounds or bruises.

5) someone died - reasonable force does not play a part anymore. why did she aim for his upper body knowing that area of the body can cause death. she had the knife, why didnt she swing at his feet, thighs, etc? stabbing someone cannot be classed as reasonable force especially when the deceased was no longer armed.

6) read her statement again - she admitted she lunged at him with the knife. he didn't run into the blade. the accused stabbed him forcefully!

she will go to jail for murder, perhaps manslaughter if its true the man has a previous arrest!
Nice points Coogar. Am suprised at Okija's arguement here honestly. Especially for someone with a reputation for being intelligent. Anyways, we are all entitled to our individual opinion. So, i'll respect his shocking argument. But fact still remains that it is very possible to get the girl jailed for life resulting from murder. Unless we want to be economical with the truth, it is obvious that the intention behind the girl's action was to prove to the guy that she cant be toiled with. She really wanted to hurt him in order to teach him to stay clear of her anytime in future. Sadly, at the time, she couldnt imagine death anywhere in the picture. Believe it or not, there are violent girls out there that would slap or stab any guy at the slightest provocation. Besides, we've heard how bad this guy had been. However, she has not given us enough hint of her terrible tendencies aswell. The thing with Okijajuju is the same problem with most men: which is, ignorantly assuming that all females are angels. Hence, blocking their sense of logic when it concerns woman matters. Look, just as we have prisons filled with men, there also exist prisons and psychiatric hospitals overpouring with females. Summary, it can be ascetained that the girl commited murder. Now, if the judge decides to be lenient due to the actions leading to the accident, then fine. Point is, she intentionally stabbed the guy. In other words, she commited murder. Pure and simple!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Police Officer After Attack In Benue State. Photos / Sergeant Collins Apugo Wanted By Police For Killing Man In Umuahia (Graphic) / Anas Aremeyaw, Ghanaian Masked Reporter Mistaken For Ritualist, Almost Lynched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.