Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough (751 Views)

100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research / Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough / Samsung Announces Galaxy Grand With 5- Inch WVGA Display (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 11:21am On May 13, 2013
Samsung Electronics said Monday it had successfully tested super-fast fifth-generation (5G) wireless technology that would eventually allow users to download an entire movie in one second.
The South Korean giant said the test had witnessed data transmission of more than one gigabyte per second over a distance of two kilometres.
The new technology, which will not be ready for the commercial market before 2020 at the earliest, would offer transmitting speeds “up to several hundred times faster” than existing 4G networks, it said in a statement.
“The 5G wireless technology will permit users to transmit massive data files including high quality digital movies practically without limitation. As a result, subscribers will be able to enjoy a wide range of services such as 3D movies and games, real-time streaming of ultra high-definition (UHD) content, and remote medical services,” the statement said.
Samsung said it had found a way to harness millimeter-wave bands which have proved to be a sticking point for the mobile industry to date.
The test used 64 antenna elements, which the tech titan said overcame the issue of ‘unfavourable propagation characteristics’ that have prevented data travelling across long distances using the bands.
South Korea already has around 20 million 4G users.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/13/samsung-announces-5g-data-breakthrough/
Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 13, 2013
My my my!
Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 13, 2013
fresh_dude: My my my!

You go fear oyinbo and technology naaa...Our ppl will rather use their otumokpo technology and kill themselves undecided
Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 12:05am On May 14, 2013
Am Bamboozooled
Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 1:48am On May 14, 2013
and they say Nigeria is getting better? Am actually still battling with 2G in my area, praying for 3G to come. Oyinbo don sample 4G tey tey going to 5G. *i give up, real tears*

1 Like

Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 1:58am On May 14, 2013
2moro morning GLO MTN AND AIRTEL will start claiming with adverts that they are now offering 5G.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 8:20am On May 14, 2013
googlepikin: 2moro morning GLO MTN AND AIRTEL will start claiming with adverts that they are now offering 5G.

Glo say dem dey offer 4G fibre optic cables but they offer 1.75G! Nonsense network angry
Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 11:40am On May 14, 2013
I see cancer on the rise lipsrsealed nice development though
Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 14, 2013
sheyie2007: I see cancer on the rise lipsrsealed nice development though

olodo tongue
Re: Samsung Announces 5G Data Breakthrough by Nobody: 10:26am On May 15, 2013
sheyie2007: I see cancer on the rise lipsrsealed nice development though
dis type of your brain is the reason why we are still on 2G. Why you no wan get sense WHY WHY WHY !!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Unlocking a cell phone is officially legal again. / Incredible Photo Of Lightning! Have You Witnessed This Before? / Price Of Phones And Tablets In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.