Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water (2350 Views)

Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly / My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by ayo4arthur(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2013
I have change the gear coolant twice within 3 months and yet the transmission fluid continue flowing in my radator and affects the gear selection. ‎​⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ .
Email - ayosokunbi@yahoo.com
Thanks for ur solution
Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:07pm On May 13, 2013
transmission fluid and radiator water ?

these systems are very much separated

in some car a transmission oil pipe is just at the base of the radiator for cooling the hot oil from the gearbox but they never connect to one componet such they might end up mixing

only the engine oil and water can mix this would be caused by a headgasket being blown
Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 13, 2013
Based on the limited information I suspect that your radiator has an internal leak between the water and transmission cooling jackets.

This is assuming that you have a slushbox.

More info needed.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by twinskenny(m): 9:40am On Mar 11, 2016
Am having this problem.. And my car overheat when the ac is on.... Any help
Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by mayor2013: 11:33am On Mar 11, 2016
twinskenny:
Am having this problem.. And my car overheat when the ac is on.... Any help

Call 08165520837 or 08156087872. For a solution
Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2016
This is a problem I had with my W210 E class.I would just advice u not to use the car like that to save the the expenses of buying a new tranny as further use will damage the tranny.
I understand the solenoids in the tranny hates water,and is already having effects on ur gears that's why u have problems with gear changing.
Solution is to change the entire radiator,and drain the gear oil totally,then replace with new ATF,if you are lucky the gear is not yet damaged.
Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by earthrealm(m): 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
ITS MOST LIKELY, UR RADIATOR HAS THE SMALL INBUILT TRANNY COOLER, N IT HAS DEVELOPED AN INTERNAL LEAK...KINDLY REPLACE THE RADIATOR/TRANNY COOLER N U WUD B FINE
Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by Cuzz: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
Its peculiar wt golf 3,bad engineering from d German.
Re: Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water by OShepherd: 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
This problem spelt d end of my Golf3 auto transmission some years back now......

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot: Appreciation Of EW Engines. / The Cvt Transmission / FLASH: New Model Innoson Saloon Car Spotted Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.