Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

No One Else In My Family Of Six Children Is Blind Except Me - Cobhams Asuquo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / No One Else In My Family Of Six Children Is Blind Except Me - Cobhams Asuquo (3104 Views)

I Have Six Children From Different Women- Segun Arinze / Cobhams Asuquo, Wife And Kid / Cobhams Asuquo Weds His Sweetheart Ojuola Olukanni(with Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No One Else In My Family Of Six Children Is Blind Except Me - Cobhams Asuquo by roccio(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2013
In this revealing piece, Cobham talks about his life as a blind man and the awesome lessons he's learnt being blind.
I’m a dreamer, and I don’t mean that in the literal sense or in the literal context of going to sleep and dreaming even though that’s very nice because that’s when I get to drive and play golf.

But a picture of an average guy who lies down and faces the ceiling and just dreams away. Fortunately for me, a lot of things I have dreamt about in my life have come true. I believe strongly that one of the strong elements that fuel my very strong sense of imagination and my ability to dream is the gift of blindness. And I’m going to share with you, a couple of things that I have leant and a couple of life lessons that could be invaluable to you as well that I have learnt from Blindness.

So to start with, I will state the obvious fact that I was born blind. No one else in my family of six children is blind. There’s no known cause. No links. No explanation. Just the reality that I cannot see with my eyes.
I was born and raise in the military barracks. I don’t mean the great side of the military barracks but the other side of the military barracks. I lived in a small block of 18 two bedroom flats. I shared a flat my two parents, my three siblings and whatever stray pet came out way at a time. As well as my father’s Honda Roadmaster 180 Motorcylce, which slept in the living room with me and my siblings for fear that one of its mirrors might be stolen by morning.

In my neighborhood there were always something to look forward to. My mornings were characterized by news of whose pumping machine had been stolen by morning or squabbles between neighbours over who had eaten their chicken. Actually some people try to resolve the chicken situation by tying to attach a piece of red things on their chicken legs. I don’t know how well it works…

Now, blindness does not have any physical, psychological or social meaning. Since I’ve never experienced sight, wasn’t aware that I was without sight. And so, I indulged in the innocence of young boyhood. I ran downstairs, jumped over gutters, played hard. Fought even harder. And got into any imaginable trouble that a Skinny young child could get into.

On a number of Occasions, I ran into walls.

Read Complete Article at

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/05/no-one-else-in-my-family-of-six.html

Re: No One Else In My Family Of Six Children Is Blind Except Me - Cobhams Asuquo by Lilimax(f): 2:50pm On May 13, 2013
Cobham is such a brave Guy!
Lessons learn't:
-Don't excuse failure for any reason.
-Learn to trust cos trust has no expiration.
-Be blind to be focussed.
May God bless you real good.
Re: No One Else In My Family Of Six Children Is Blind Except Me - Cobhams Asuquo by tinuolababy(f): 2:57pm On May 13, 2013
smiley I'm inspired

(1) (Reply)

See Kanye West’s Surprise Gift To Kim Kardashian On Mother’s Day / Meek Mill Hold Tight To His Boo,nicki Minaj Booty / Who Wore It Better? Jennifer Metcalfe Vs Idia Aisien

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.