Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means (1909 Views)

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by IbukaDantata: 6:58pm On May 13, 2013
I got a Tokumbo Nissan Almera Tino 2002 from Cotonou, I love the car and it has manual gear.
But this morning, the mechanic that helped me drove the car down to Northern Nigeria said I should change the clutch plates immediately as it is affecting the movement of the car.

Please people, what is Clutch plates or disc In Nissan Almera .... and is it a Very serious engine or gear problem? Will working on the clutch affect the Gear, and engine.?
Will it be wise to work on the engine of a tokumbo car immediately after buying it?
I am just confused and scared! !!!
Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:00pm On May 13, 2013
I think he is trying to con you

You dont change the clutch plate on its own only but a full clutch kit
that has a pressure plate, clutch and bearing
Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by IbukaDantata: 10:06pm On May 13, 2013
ZIM DRILL: I think he is trying to con you

You dont change the clutch plate on its own only but a full clutch kit
that has a clutch plate, clutch and bearing
So changing the clutch kit involves opening the engine or gear??
I just dont want to mess with the engine and the gear this early.

He showed me that the speed of the car has slowed down because of the clutch wahala...... I am so sad now!!!
Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:39pm On May 13, 2013
IbukaDantata:
So changing the clutch kit involves opening the engine or gear??
I just dont want to mess with the engine and the gear this early.

He showed me that the speed of the car has slowed down because of the clutch wahala...... I am so sad now!!!

its not changing the clutch kit but changing the clutch and when you buy the clutch from autoshop they sell it as kit therefore clutch kit which is pressure plate, clutch and the bearing

run away from the mechanic

if the clutch was gone the car would have problem with slipping gears, will not engage smoothly and also the clutch would mess

loosing speed is not a sign of a worn out clutch

Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2013
ZIM DRILL: I think he is trying to con you

Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by IbukaDantata: 6:47am On May 14, 2013
Thank You ZIM DRILL......
God bless you.
So do you know what can cause a car to be losing speed?
Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by IbukaDantata: 8:09am On May 15, 2013
Still confused on what to do..... Another mechanic confirmed the earlier evaluation from the first. Sad!!!!
Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:16pm On May 15, 2013
IbukaDantata: Still confused on what to do..... Another mechanic confirmed the earlier evaluation from the first. Sad!!!!

Tell what feel your self when you drive the car

eg if the gears are slipping
Re: Nissan Almera Tino Clutch Plates, Any Help On What Changing It Means by IbukaDantata: 11:55pm On May 18, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

Tell what feel your self when you drive the car

eg if the gears are slipping
I feel like something is burning like brake but they say my brake is ok but the clutch.

(1) (Reply)

Castrol VS Mobil 1 / Mercedes Unleashes New AMG GLE 53 Coupe Against The BMW X6 M50i / HELP!!!!!ABS Actuator Sensor Problem On My 2006 Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.