Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (42215 Views)

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / House Of Reps Wants New Number Plate Project Halted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by inspiredm(m): 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2011
The Lagos New Number Plates is Now officially Available

This number was procured today 17th November 2011.

Photos Below

Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by kelz88(f): 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Looks like there's a lot going on.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Fhemmmy: 12:24am On Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for this Inspire . . . . .
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by werepeLeri: 7:36am On Nov 18, 2011
I heard the National Assembly jointly asked FRSC to suspend the sale.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by digi101(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2011
Doesnt really look that different though, except for the dash of green and the nigerian map undecided
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by DrSmooth1: 11:24am On Nov 18, 2011
Excuse me but why is it costing 45k from u?Is this supposed to be a business venture?It costs much less than this and takes 2 working days max to get ur plates now abeg.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by inspiredm(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2011
Dr_Smooth:

Excuse me but why is it costing 45k from u?Is this supposed to be a business venture?It costs much less than this and takes 2 working days max to get your plates now abeg.

I dont issue Number Plates and Im not soliciting for any.

Thats the price it cost me to get this.

Anyone that wishes to get number plates should proceed to the Licensing Office and pay to get it there.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by maskuraid(m): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2011
Boss,
So they finally unveiled their new 'child'.Means they owe us one na. Remind dem say we dey come o!
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Osama10(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2011
Did they give any reason for the new plates, thought we had more pressing problems like good roads.

Just a thought.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by dagboss(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
I called one guy that has been handling my vehicles' registration over the years yesterday he told me that it would cost me N35,000 but that i should wait till say next week when the initial rush would have fizzled out he said that the price will surely go down a bit. Very hiosnest guy.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by inspiredm(m): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2011
dagboss:

I called one guy that has been handling my vehicles' registration over the years yesterday he told me that it would cost me N35,000 but that i should wait till say next week when the initial rush would have fizzle out he said that the price will surely go down a bit. Very hiosnest guy.

Thats Right

By Next Week or In a Couple of Weeks, the Price would surely Crash.

There is MAD rush for it at the Moment, They Only started Issuing them Barely 24 hours Ago.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Pame(m): 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2011
that is to show that Nigerians are thinking on the better way forward, innovatively.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by tboy1(m): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2011
Newly registered motor vehicles cost N15,000; renewal (change from old to new number plates) goes for N10,000; motorcycle for N3,000; government vehicles for N15, 000; out-of-series number plates for N40, 000; fancy number plates for N80,000 and motor dealers number plates for N30, 000.

MVAA would charge effective from December 12 as follows: N32,200 for cars, N35,950 for jeep, N35,950 for bus, N40, 950 and N46,575 for truck
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2011
Nonsense angry
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by 27naira(m): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2011
I cant find any security feature or isn't their any?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by iaabc(f): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
apart from generating more money for the state, what exactly is the whole point of this again?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by tboy1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
I cannot see how lagos state can justify that price and this is simply another way to extort money from Lagosians . . . SMDH
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Yorisb: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2011
digi101:

Doesnt really look that different though, except for the dash of green and the nigerian map undecided

Ditto. . .
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by okeyxyz(m): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
mehn, nigerians r unbelievable!! really, what functions or advantages do this new number plates actually add to motoring? a map of nigeria and lanscape profile
once again we engage in senseless ventures, just an excuse to spend Billions.  angry
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by sdbaba: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2011
Can someone pls educate me on the need for this at this time when resources are scarce? For one I'd like to know

1. What are the advantages of this new plate numbers?
2. Are there truly any security features attached to these new plates
3. Do we all need to change our old number plates for these new ones? If so how much would it cost?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by tboy1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2011
sdbaba:

Can someone pls educate me on the need for this at this time when resources are scarce? For one I'd like to know

1. What are the advantages of this new plate numbers?
2. Are there truly any security features attached to these new plates
3. Do we all need to change our old number plates for these new ones? If so how much would it cost?

1 - None - The transport commissioner could not even justify it during his press conf. he came up with one silly example
2 - No
3 - Yes you have to renew it
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2011
FRSC INTRODUCES NEW NUMBER PLATES, DRIVING LICENCE
News — By bola on September 5, 2011 10:46 am

President Jonathan during the FRSC commissioning of new driving licence and number plates for vehicle users, at the FRSC headquarters, Abuja

The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has announced a deadline of August 2012 for Nigerian drivers to obtain the new driving license and number plates recently commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan at the FRSC headquarters in Abuja.
The upgraded license and plate numbers are now interlinked and will, henceforth, be connected to each individual, in order to help the FRSC track all road offences and monitor the driving behaviour of all vehicle owners.
Speaking during the commissioning, President Goodluck Jonathan said the launch of the new driving license and number plates was a culmination of three years of hard work which started with the discussion he had with the Corps Marshal, Mr. Osita Chidoka in his office then as Vice President on the need to improve the driving licence to meet international standards.
The new initiative, he revealed, was meant to alter the culture of recklessness displayed by drivers, their impunity and lack of consideration for other road users.
Regarding the new license and plates, FRSC Marshall, Osita Chidoka, said they are part of a credible database which will make it easy to retrieve all information connected to every car owner through the license and the plate number.
Chidoka also said the overriding objectives of the new driver’s licence and number plates were to restore the integrity of the country’s driving licence.
Chidoka said, “One of the critical ingredients of this initiative is that we are going to have a credible data base of drivers and vehicles in Nigeria”.
He advised drivers and car owners to change to the new license and name plates which cost 6000 and N15000 each immediately, to avoid sanctions that will be accompanied with a breach, and ensure they are safely within the new regime before the 12 months deadline.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Kx: 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2011
4 years from now, they ll come up with another one.

Whats d rationale for God's sake?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by youngmonie: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2011
Not defending anything, but what other form of IGR would you rather recommend, cmmon the states expenditure has increased following the increase in minimum wage, you people are crying that the roads are still bad. All these need to be fixed and it costs more more money ( or would you rather have them increase your base rate of income tax). Its a one of thing, its not like you are buying it everyday and for those shouting another means to chop money, its not a new thing, they have been making licence plate numbers for how long now?, and what has realy changed there
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by 1forall: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2011
Now the local government of registration comes first in the sequence.

Is AA193-KJA = KJA-193AA?

Confusion!
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by SSaemoenl(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
Sucks. Why should they disturb the poor masses to purchase this updating rubbish?
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by ayodeji1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
this is just another means of extortion!intimidation!and the saddest part of the story is only the average nigerian gets affected.increased minimum wage=increased in cost of living,proposed increase in petroleum price,and now increase in plate numbers for no just reason.at the end of the day,the minimum wage increment isnt justified.maybe it should have been left the way it was.nigeria and drama.infact whats the point of renting a home video?to me,every day drama in nigeria is enough for u.GOD help us all.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by tayoTFC(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2011
am confuse oooo , is it lagos state government that is issueing plate number or FRSC? some one should educate me am lost,

shocked Posted by: tboy1
Insert Quote
I cannot see how lagos state can justify that price and this is simply another way to extort money from Lagosians . . . SMDH
[s][/s]
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2011
National Number Plate, In a Federation, Ha. Nigerian Map on Lagos Number Plate!!! Federal Road Safety Commission Issuing Lagos Number Plate? WTF is Federal Road Safety Commission Anyway? Do We Really Understand How Societies Are Organised? All Hail The Federal Unitary Republic of Nigeria With 1,000,000 Commissions, Bureaus, Agencies, Authorities and Organisations.

Laffing all the way to unemployment and no infrastructure. This country is building on faulty foundations
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by gascoign1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2011
Please can anyone tell me if i must change my old number to the new one am not in the country at the moment
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by sdbaba: 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2011
tboy1:

1 - None - The transport commissioner could not even justify it during his press conf. he came up with one silly example
2 - No
3 - Yes you have to renew it
Ozin:

News — By bola on September 5, 2011 10:46 am

President Jonathan during the FRSC commissioning of new driving licence and number plates for vehicle users, at the FRSC headquarters, Abuja

The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has announced a deadline of August 2012 for Nigerian drivers to obtain the new driving license and number plates recently commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan at the FRSC headquarters in Abuja.
The upgraded license and plate numbers are now interlinked and will, henceforth, be connected to each individual, in order to help the FRSC track all road offences and monitor the driving behaviour of all vehicle owners.
Speaking during the commissioning, President Goodluck Jonathan said the launch of the new driving license and number plates was a culmination of three years of hard work which started with the discussion he had with the Corps Marshal, Mr. Osita Chidoka in his office then as Vice President on the need to improve the driving licence to meet international standards.
The new initiative, he revealed, was meant to alter the culture of recklessness displayed by drivers, their impunity and lack of consideration for other road users.
Regarding the new license and plates, FRSC Marshall, Osita Chidoka, said they are part of a credible database which will make it easy to retrieve all information connected to every car owner through the license and the plate number.
Chidoka also said the overriding objectives of the new driver’s licence and number plates were to restore the integrity of the country’s driving licence.
Chidoka said, “One of the critical ingredients of this initiative is that we are going to have a credible data base of drivers and vehicles in Nigeria”.
He advised drivers and car owners to change to the new license and name plates which cost 6000 and N15000 each immediately, to avoid sanctions that will be accompanied with a breach, and ensure they are safely within the new regime before the 12 months deadline.

T-Boy thanks for your response jare. Now I know our leaders are truly insensitive to the yearnings of the masses. Just look at their moronic and retardeen excuse for introducing new licenses and plate numbers above

So in Nigeria where one vehicle (either private or commercial) ends up being driven by several people is where they want to link the driver/license to the vehicle? These people are surely living in a fool's paradise. If they really want to follow International standards as submitted by our retardeen helmsman, does it mean we then no longer need to renew our Driver's Licenses every three years as is currently the practice? They fleece us every third year to come and renew driver's licenses whereas in the developed world, once you're issued with a driver's license it's urs for life,  you only go for another driving test when you attain a certain age.

The issue is this scheme has no single advantage for the masses of this country, only an avenue to fleece us of more of our scare resources. Energy bills going up daily, food and fuel costs unimaginably high, school fees increasing termly now and all that, yet they come up with this crap of an idea? I think a REVOLUTION is inevitable in this country right now.
Re: Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
Same old crap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tree Falls On A Moving Vehicle In Lagos (photos) / Long, Brown Snake Crept Out Of Lady Car's While She Was Driving / Policeman In Ojota Assists With A Vehicle Causing Traffic - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.