Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,895 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Senegal,gambia Or Cape Verde - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Senegal,gambia Or Cape Verde (2059 Views)

Senegal,gambia Or Cape Verde / The Beauty Of Cape Verde / Travelling To Cape Verde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senegal,gambia Or Cape Verde by uyigue1(m): 7:13pm On May 13, 2013
pls am planning of relocating to this African country to do masters and hussle pls i need good information about them pls,i have stay in ghana for 2 years now feel like relocating again pls ur advice is really wellcome brothers i plan of going with 150k as my b t a or any body with useful information on sierra Leone
Re: Senegal,gambia Or Cape Verde by 25omega(m): 7:29pm On May 13, 2013
i don't know about now but when i was in Gambia in about 95 -96 they actually didn't have a university in the country. They only had a teachers college. Hustling seemed next to impossible. The Nigerian guys i knew who were there mostly imported goods to sell or they sold drugs.

i visited senegal in the same period. They have all you might be looking for but the main barrier is they speak their local lingo (wallof) and French. There were english speakers there but you had to find them.

I never reached Cape Verde though i wanted to go because i heard they had some really nice beaches and women there.
Re: Senegal,gambia Or Cape Verde by sunnydayasaba(m): 7:31pm On May 13, 2013
My bro,

Have been to Senegal and Gambia, This two countries are not easy to survive in...I advice to stick to Ghana bro, Making calls alone is so expensive and no gud school at all. Nigerian living in this countries find it very very hard to survive. To stay in Senegal, You must be able to speak French or their local dialet called WOLLOF.. Gambia speaks English though, But most of them speak Wollof too. You can't hustle in any of this countries, No Jobs at all. Going with 150k will not last you for long, even if you decide to rent a house, You would have spent like 60k for just 3-6 months rent in Gambia which is about 12k dalasis in Gambia, No furnishing oh.

Bro, I advice you not to take that risk pls, No need being stupid and end up regretting. Gambia don't even have schools for their citizens let alone for a foreigner. Please, don't even venture there bro, I went their to visit my sister and her husband, i spent 1 month with them and i know how much i spend on my own. Gambia economy only strives on Tourism...No other source of living bro. Nothing to hustle with there bro.

1 Like

Re: Senegal,gambia Or Cape Verde by Geminilove(f): 9:53pm On May 13, 2013
sunnydayasaba: My bro,

Have been to Senegal and Gambia, This two countries are not easy to survive in...I advice to stick to Ghana bro, Making calls alone is so expensive and no gud school at all. Nigerian living in this countries find it very very hard to survive. To stay in Senegal, You must be able to speak French or their local dialet called WOLLOF.. Gambia speaks English though, But most of them speak Wollof too. You can't hustle in any of this countries, No Jobs at all. Going with 150k will not last you for long, even if you decide to rent a house, You would have spent like 60k for just 3-6 months rent in Gambia which is about 12k dalasis in Gambia, No furnishing oh.

Bro, I advice you not to take that risk pls, No need being stupid and end up regretting. Gambia don't even have schools for their citizens let alone for a foreigner. Please, don't even venture there bro, I went their to visit my sister and her husband, i spent 1 month with them and i know how much i spend on my own. Gambia economy only strives on Tourism...No other source of living bro. Nothing to hustle with there bro.

@OP I am not fan of Ghana but like sunnydayasaba has said No way leave Ghana for Gambia or Cape Verde that not good move at all. People in those countries move to Ghana to attend university of Ghana.

Stay in Ghana and register for University of Ghana it will cost you under $5000 http://www.ug.edu.gh/ for year and you can work part time

(1) (Reply)

Large Spinning UFO-like Ice Disk Appears In U. S. Town's River(Photos) / Please Is 60,000 Kenyan Shilling Enough To Live For A Month In Nairobi? / Nigerians In Finland, Sign Up Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.