Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible (746 Views)

Ur Opinion On Ipad Replacing Bible / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X / Replacing The Ten Commandments With 'Fundemental Rules Of Conduct' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by jfad: 9:28am On May 14, 2013
Hi,

I was invited for program at a church in Ikeja, then I notice when the pastor was preaching and he asked us to open our bible, almost all the congregation brought out an i-pad and all kind of tabs. Even the pastor was using an i-pad.

So this got me thinking, is I-pads and Tabs replacing the Bibles?

Wanna know if pastor's can now "Cast Out The Devil Using An i-Pad?"
Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by Blackteeth(m): 9:35am On May 14, 2013
What is wrong if smartphones replace the bible? In fact it is better for faster navigation. Must the bible be in a paper book? Remember that the bible was first written in scrolls. I guess when the book was invented and the bible content was being transfered from the scrolls to the books, some people where like you asking whether it is right to read the bible from a book.
Just as some christians would say "it is the content of your heart that matters", I would say in this case that it is the content of the bible that matters and not the body.

1 Like

Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by jfad: 10:40am On May 14, 2013
Blackteeth: What is wrong if smartphones replace the bible? In fact it is better for faster navigation. Must the bible be in a paper book? Remember that the bible was first written in scrolls. I guess when the book was invented and the bible content was being transfered from the scrolls to the books, some people where like you asking whether it is right to read the bible from a book.
Just as some christians would say "it is the content of your heart that matters", I would say in this case that it is the content of the bible that matters and not the body.

Oh thanks for shielding more light on dis sir
Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by Nobody: 11:55am On May 14, 2013
VERY STUPID IF YOU ASK ME I THINK THEY ARE JUST THERE TO POSE. WITHOUT AN ACTUAL BIBLE YOU DONT HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE SCRIPTURES. WITHOUT AN ACTUAL BIBLE IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY HARD FOR YOU TO GO PRECEPT UPON PRECEPTS WITH SCRIPTURES. NONSENSE IF YOU ASK ME
Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by Nkeon: 12:06pm On May 14, 2013
The bible is the Word not the paper. As mentioned above you could go further and say that you are only reading the bible if you are reading the scrolls in Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek.
Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 14, 2013
Considering God wrote the first commandments on STONE, he should be grateful to humans for giving him a better option.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by nnofaith: 2:19pm On May 14, 2013
i wonder why god did not send the bibeli as an ipad? that would have been cool. definately nobody would have doubted jesu back then.
Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 14, 2013
nnofaith: i wonder why god did not send the bibeli as an ipad? that would have been cool. definately nobody would have doubted jesu back then.
DANIEL 12 VS 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased
Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by nnofaith: 6:20pm On May 14, 2013
obadiah777: DANIEL 12 VS 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased
Re: I-pads/ Androids Tablets Replacing The Bible by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 14, 2013
musKeeto: Considering God wrote the first commandments on STONE, he should be grateful to humans for giving him a better option.. undecided

Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Age Of Reason- Thomas Pyne / Must Read: A Wife's Unfailing Love For Her Husband! / I am sinner who makes luv to girls like a dog.please people pray for me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.