Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,438 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa (8746 Views)

6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by specialguest(f): 2:47pm On May 14, 2013
It’s summer time again when people travel round the globe in search of exotic holiday spots. In my country Nigeria it almost seems like summer travelers only want to visit Dubai and London. While the “Londoners”, are busy looking for an escape to continents like Africa and Asia. Funny isn’t it?

I remember back then in the university when my department organized a summer road trip to Ghana. It was such a memorable vacation. My best friends and I barely paid 15000 Naira each for that trip and trust me, we had so much fun that no amount of money could buy.

As we travelled through Togo I couldn’t help but marvel at the beautiful water on each side of the road .The sight is indeed a beauty to behold. Another interesting part of that road trip was the fact that I could spend multiple currencies at the boarders. I bought some cotton dresses in Cefa and was given my balance in Cedis, which I thought was cool.

It was a budget holiday but each time I remember that trip, I can’t help but smile at memories like how we spent virtually the whole weekend on Labadi beach in Accra. The roasted steak and sausages sold on the beach was quite tasty not forgetting the mocktails I had. Oh!, I just remembered the parties that took place on the beach in the evenings with testosterone high guys and bikini wild girls. Lolzz

Well, that was the first time I experienced part of Africa and since then I can’t count how many times I have re-visited Ghana at any given opportunity. A call from my best friend last week made me realize I haven’t experienced any other African country asides Ghana. So I decided to consult google and trip advisor in search for some top holiday spots in Africa. Here’s what I found:

1. SOUTH AFRICA -
a) Cape town central- Blauberg beach and kristenbosch botanical gardens
b) Kruger National park- the largest game reserve in South Africa
c) Stellenbosch- wine takes center stage in this city. More than 100 wine cellars open to public and
tasting tours are operated daily.
d) Durban- lots of Indian and colonial influences in this South African beach city.
e) Port Elizabeth – I really like the name of this city and it is fondly called ‘the friendly city”. Port
Elizabeth is a dream destination for anyone who thirsts for adventure.

2. KENYA -
a) Mombasa- I love beaches and this town happens to be where I want to visit next. The beach front hotels
appeals to travelers in search of sand, sun and surf.
b) Nairobi- the safari capital of Africa. Nairobi is a fascinating city with a good mixture of wildlife
and night life.
c) Swakopmund- A coastal town that draws a huge number of holiday makers from all over the world.( I
wonder what happens here)
d) Diani beach – the sparkling white sands and lush greenery of diani invites you to relax. Try riding on
a camel ride for that tourist experience.
e) Watamu Kenya – The delightful village of watamu is lined with sandy white beaches and hotels dedicated
to sustainable tourism.

3. MOROCCO -very little is heard about tourism in morocco.
a) Fes- the oldest university in the world is found in this city.
b) Essaouira- A vibrant and charming port resort town on the Atlantic Ocean.
c) Merzouga- would you like to ride on a camel across erg chebbi? You should try visiting merzouga for
that experience.
d) Agadir- soak up in the sun on the well maintained beaches of Agadir, south morocco’s most visited city

4. Tanzania -
a) Zanzibar Archipelago- located in the Indian Ocean 15 miles off the coast of Tanzania. From what I
gathered, this place has very lovely beaches.
b) Serengeti national park- the masai called the plains of Serengeti National park ‘The place where the
land moves on forever’. Here you can witness the famous Serengeti annual migration. The largest on
longest overland migration on earth.

5. Mauritius- An island in Africa with lots to do. A tropical paradise with a revitalized waterfront and a
very busy market.

a) Center Equestre de Riambei – you can indulge in your passion for horse riding here. Horse riding in
Mauritius on an almost desert beach.
b) Heritage golf club – if you like golf, you have to play on this course.
c) Casela Nature and Leisure Park- an exotic park filled with wild life. Interactions with the lions and
cheetah’s are a most do.

Maybe you just newly got married and you are looking for the perfect honeymoon destination or maybe you just feel you need a vacation like I do, look no further, it’s all in Africa.
p.s
1. I am neither a travel agent nor am I affiliated with the ministry of tourism. The information contained here is
my personal opinion.
2. This thread is meant solely for holiday lovers. So if you don’t belong to this category kindly pass instead of
trying to derail the thread.
3. I did not major in English language so bear with the wrong punctuation and spellings. (Warning to those people
who never contribute on this forum but instead harass others over spelling errors. Keep off)

specialguest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by modextus(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2013
lipsrsealed soup wey sweet na money kill A̶͡m.
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by specialguest(f): 3:09pm On May 14, 2013
modextus: lipsrsealed soup wey sweet na money kill A̶͡m.

na Africa o, we fit use even canoe travel cheesy.
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by modextus(m): 3:39pm On May 14, 2013
specialguest:

na Africa o, we fit use even canoe travel cheesy.
lol...if i hear noO way. Even canoe sef go still charge me

+ I'm not in anyway related τ̲̅ȍ mungo park grin
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by specialguest(f): 10:26am On May 15, 2013
modextus: lol...if i hear noO way. Even canoe sef go still charge me

+ I'm not in anyway related τ̲̅ȍ mungo park grin

Travelling withing Africa is not usually so expensive . Morever you have lots of discounted tickets if you plan and book in advance. I realised a typical white man would plan for his vacation 6 months ahead compared to us who decide to buy tickets at the counter on the date of travel, hence we pay so much. Lolz at mungo park anyway, can you remind me of that story?
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by Elpieces: 10:47am On May 15, 2013
Have have you been op? Long time.

Have you ever travelled across the maiduguri-niger- chad axis? That's another sight to behold angry. Seriously i need a break too and ghana might just be my next stop. Africans need to travel more.
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by otunoba1(m): 3:29pm On May 15, 2013
Hey Specialguest,

I think Gambia is missing on your list as it is a fantastic tourist destination too with lovely beaches and a rich culture......am a big fan of Africa travels than any other continent (feel free to call me a local champion), I have done, Ghana, Rep. of Benin (Cotonou), Abidjan, Kenya and by the grace of God, Zanzibar Archipelago in August. I just love to see places in this beautiful continent. I call it "conquering" Africa.

Cant wait to be on leave, Zanzibar all da way!!!!!

Karibu, habari? nzuri!!!.....dont mind my newly learnt swahili ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by specialguest(f): 4:34pm On May 15, 2013
@ otun oba
Its so nice to see another fan of African tourism. I apologise for excluding zambia from the list, I couldn't gather enough information about the tourist attractions that's why. I herd its a lovely city though.

I kind of envy you coz of the places you"ve been to and I am making it a point of duty to catch up with you soon. Maybe in Zanzibar *** let me go online and check the flight and hotel rates.
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by specialguest(f): 4:41pm On May 15, 2013
Elpieces: Have have you been op? Long time.

Have you ever travelled across the maiduguri-niger- chad axis? That's another sight to behold angry. Seriously i need a break too and ghana might just be my next stop. Africans need to travel more.

Hehehe @ maiduguri-chad-niger axis. You are harsh o! Am sure they have "hidden tourist sites" in those places afterall the chadains and cameroonians are always crossing that boarder in Nigeria.
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by coldgate(f): 11:42am On May 16, 2013
Obudu cattle ranch should also be on that list.
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by specialguest(f): 9:59am On May 24, 2013
coldgate: Obudu cattle ranch should also be on that list.

Nigeria has a few beautiful vacation spots like obudu and yankari. But the mentality of a typical Nigerian when it comes to vacation is somewhere outside the shores of Nigeria. I have been to obudu and it was a pleasant experiance but i fnd it more expensive than having a vacation in ghana or any other west African country.
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by Nobody: 6:06am On May 25, 2013
It doesn't surprise me the destinations are mostly in southern, central-eastern africa.

tbh i would like to go on a safari tour.
sounds cliche but aside from the pyramids of giza/kush..that's what i really want to see
in africa. smiley

i bet it would be amazing up close.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by Saatex: 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
hello.. pls want u to advice me. about dis vacation stuff.. travels booking n places to go
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by Ugosample(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
specialguest:

Nigeria has a few beautiful vacation spots like obudu and yankari. But the mentality of a typical Nigerian when it comes to vacation is somewhere outside the shores of Nigeria. I have been to obudu and it was a pleasant experiance but i fnd it more expensive than having a vacation in ghana or any other west African country.

The expenses is the exact reason why people prefer outside the shores of Nigeria
Re: Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa by dav704(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2020

(1) (Reply)

At Last I Have Been Granted A Visa / Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 / Picture of Broad Street - Lagos (1951)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.