Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss (31907 Views)

My Honeymoon Trip To South Africa ( Pictures) / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / 6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by mrsage(m): 6:15pm On May 20, 2015
I have a list of honeymoon destinations here in Nigeria. But i will love to know your opinion and current assessment.

1. Obudu Mountain Resort, Cross river
This is probably the 'most respected' tourist site in Nigeria. It is also ideal for a honeymoon get away. The Obudu Plateau offers peace, quiet, pampering and adventure.

2. Okomu National Park and Osos Hills in Edo State.

3. Ikogosi warm spring amd resort Ekiti

4. La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort Lagos

5. NLNG Residential Area in Bonny Island, Rivers State. Also Finima Beach and JV Camp

6. Badagry. This is a popular destination with multiple side attractions. In my opinion one of the best in Lagos. In Badagry you have beaches, museums, historical buildings and the reminders of Slave trade. You can also get some pretty decent hotels.

7. Yankari Games Reserve. Some of us are a little scared of travelling to the North but trust me Yankari is great. Recent research reveal that it has been rennovated and revived.
You can get to view a whole range of wide animals in Yankari.

8. Kanji Lake National Park.

9. Mic com Golf Resort, Ada, Osun State.

Also discovered this place called: Nike Lake Resort in Enugu. It has a natural lake. It is quiet and lovely.

Feel free to state your opinion or comment.
Have you paid a visit to any of these sites?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Tallesty1(m): 6:20pm On May 20, 2015
Nigerians finish their honey before they settle down.

So no honey moon.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Emyemyberry(m): 6:32pm On May 20, 2015
Just try and visit any rural village in any part of 9ja except d NE

5 Likes

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by mrsage(m): 6:40pm On May 20, 2015
Emyemyberry:
Just try and visit any rural village in any part of 9ja except d NE

Are you sure?
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by mrsage(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2015
The list will not be complete without the
Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.
This place is simply breath taking and lovely

Fascinating features:

- Very extensive, lush, green, mountainous grasslands...giving an impression of series of mountains covered with a lovely green rug
- Cool climate all year round (much like the cold seasons in Europe, so much that you dare not bath with cold water in Mambilla except you want to freeze, for real!)
- No mosquitoes in Mambilla (of course, the cold climate does not favour their growth)
- when you talk or breathe heavily in Mambilla (especially in the mornings, but not exclusively so) you often see 'mist' coming from your mouth/ nostrils, exactly similar to what is noticed during winter in other climes.
- Many natural waters springs
- Many wild animals, especially monkeys roaming freely on the mountain sides
- Extensive beautiful softwood plantation, with lumbering activities
- Houses Super Eagles' high altitude training camp
- Beautiful tea plantation and a tea factory
- You can actually walk into Cameroon from Gembu grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Emyemyberry(m): 8:06pm On May 20, 2015
mrsage:

Are you sure?
yeah,try it,expecially in a village u dnt knw anybody,peaceful,and dnt have any obnoxious culture u may unknownly breach.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Vision4God: 8:31pm On May 20, 2015
Miango Rest Home (MRH) in Jos, plateau state.

Its a place u want to visit over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by mrsage(m): 8:57pm On May 20, 2015
Vision4God:
Miango Rest Home (MRH) in Jos, plateau state.

Its a place u want to visit over and over again.

Can you tell us more about this place?
Hope the security situation will not pose a threat?
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Guest01: 11:39am On May 21, 2015
mrsage:
I have a list of honeymoon destinations here in Nigeria. But i will love to know your opinion and current assessment.

1. Obudu Mountain Resort, Cross river
This is probably the 'most respected' tourist site in Nigeria. It is also ideal for a honeymoon get away. The Obudu Plateau offers peace, quiet, pampering and adventure.

2. Okomu National Park and Osos Hills in Edo State.

3. Ikogosi warm spring amd resort Ekiti

4. La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort Lagos

5. NLNG Residential Area in Bonny Island, Rivers State. Also Finima Beach and JV Camp

6. Badagry. This is a popular destination with multiple side attractions. In my opinion one of the best in Lagos. In Badagry you have beaches, museums, historical buildings and the reminders of Slave trade. You can also get some pretty decent hotels.

7. Yankari Games Reserve. Some of us are a little scared of travelling to the North but trust me Yankari is great. Recent research reveal that it has been rennovated and revived.
You can get to view a whole range of wide animals in Yankari.

8. Kanji Lake National Park.

9. Mic com Golf Resort, Ada, Osun State.

Also discovered this place called: Nike Lake Resort in Enugu. It has a natural lake. It is quiet and lovely.

Feel free to state your opinion or comment.
Have you paid a visit to any of these sites?

Nt sure abt mic com golf

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by mrsage(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2015
Guest01:

Nt sure abt mic com golf

Kindly share your experience
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by cityAdventures: 12:31pm On May 22, 2015
Kainji Park nko? Gurara dam? those resorts at akodo nko?
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by mrsage(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2015
cityAdventures:
Kainji Park nko? Gurara dam? those resorts at akodo nko?

Kainji is on the list. Gurara not sure.
Concerning Akodo i honestly think La Campagne is closeby and better. The guys at Akodo need to step up. They rely on state government patronage and they are not as creative as d guys at La Campagne

Remember the idea here is to give current review
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by shanda(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2015
Check out Gashaka Gumti National Park. I doubt if u've heard about it. The Old Oyo National Park is also there.

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 23, 2015
Sambisa Forest ,Borno State

7 Likes

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by nastyesco(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2015
Kirikiri National park tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 23, 2015
aso rock presidential villa

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by colossus2: 6:55pm On May 23, 2015
Kirikiri maximum prison embarassed
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Isiterere(m): 6:55pm On May 23, 2015
Fear North.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 23, 2015
How come "chibok" no make d list lipsrsealed?
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Dyt(f): 6:55pm On May 23, 2015
Pictures pls
undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by jerryunit48: 6:56pm On May 23, 2015
Has to be Cross Rivers but you can have it anywhere really
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Prodeegee(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2015
aso rock nko
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by gajerian(m): 6:57pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:
The list will not be complete without the
Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State.
This place is simply breath taking and lovely

Fascinating features:

- Very extensive, lush, green, mountainous grasslands...giving an impression of series of mountains covered with a lovely green rug
- Cool climate all year round (much like the cold seasons in Europe, so much that you dare not bath with cold water in Mambilla except you want to freeze, for real!)
- No mosquitoes in Mambilla (of course, the cold climate does not favour their growth)
- when you talk or breathe heavily in Mambilla (especially in the mornings, but not exclusively so) you often see 'mist' coming from your mouth/ nostrils, exactly similar to what is noticed during winter in other climes.
- Many natural waters springs
- Many wild animals, especially monkeys roaming freely on the mountain sides
- Extensive beautiful softwood plantation, with lumbering activities
- Houses Super Eagles' high altitude training camp
- Beautiful tea plantation and a tea factory
- You can actually walk into Cameroon from Gembu grin

I swear you know the features of Gembu, I went there for a honeymoon with my wife very lovely
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 23, 2015
I am too lazy to search.

Where are the photos?
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Lildreezy(m): 6:57pm On May 23, 2015
hmm u serve us rice without stew and u want me to appreciate?
show us pics nah.. cos me nah I want to go with twaci for our Honeysun o

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Prodeegee(m): 6:58pm On May 23, 2015
colossus2:
Kirikiri maximum prison embarassed
i was about to say that...
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by osimataylor(m): 6:58pm On May 23, 2015
Why do you still recommend Yannkari game reserve when Boko boys are srill prowling around!

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by babamadiba(m): 7:00pm On May 23, 2015
Av been to ikogosi warm spring and the place is really nice. Wished I had my honey moon there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Killed, Two Injured In Motor Accident Along Minna-Suleja Highway (Graphic) / Nigeria Is Safe — American Man Declares, As He Visits Ekiti State (pics And Vid) / Fatal Accident Between A Bus Driver And Volkswagen Car In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.