Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

Yinka Craig Needs Support - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yinka Craig Needs Support (5532 Views)

Omg: Do You Remember Craig David? You Will Be Shocked With His New Look / Bode George's Model Son, Yinka, Shares New Hot Photos / Craig David New Look.u Like It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yinka Craig Needs Support by vikiviko(m): 10:15am On Apr 22, 2008
Respected and invited by leaders of government, industry, monarchs, and topmost foreign diplomats to their private and official functions, many simply proud to flaunt their association with him. Not for nothing. Yinka is a man of many parts, multi-talented, quick-witted, and incredibly knowledgeable about most things, from astronomy and space-technology to computer science, from sports to politics, from entertainment to oil exploration! A master of rib-cracking anecdotes, Yinka Craig is an entertainer extraordinaire and instrumentalist, at ease playing the guitar as he is on the piano or the sax. He is also an addict of the game of intellect; he could spend all day behind his desk navigating the seas or the sky on his high-tech simulation toy, or routinely demolishing books and books of hard cryptic crossword or logic-challenging sudoku!

I met Yinka craig some long years ago, i just left secondary school , so i needed a part time job before university education, i was privileged to have met him at the then Rivers state liason office wherehe had an office space. He interviewed me and told me i am too young , that i should go back home and read for my jamb exams, he gave me some cash more than once whenever i visit his office.

I am told Yinka craig is suffering from cancers of the lymphatic system.

I’m now told Yinka urgently needs to go back abroad, this time preferably to the States where he would have to undergo a transplant treatment. The process may take up to two months hospitalization and the overall cost would come to about $300,000 (US dollars). I did a quick calculation, that’s about N38 million. Not bad, I thought, then I remembered the kind of country we live in and held back my optimism. The Craigs have expended virtually all their resources on the illness so far. Yinka’s pride wouldn’t let him make his situation public. He knows all the big men in the country, and I mean that literally, and most of them on first name basis and with their private numbers. And they all know him. Very few have come to his aid so far. The real big ones for whom this sort of money he’s looking for means nothing have been all promises and promises. And Yinka would not call them again.

Yinka needs to go for the transplant in the States immediately. Those with a large heart may call Yinka’s wife, Dr. Kehinde Craig on (Nigeria) 08030780129 or 08058466857. You may also email: yinkacraig@gmail.com.
Re: Yinka Craig Needs Support by LagosBlues: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2008
", We would like to categorically state that we have NOT authorized any person(s) or groups to raise funds on our behalf, " So writes Yinka Craig's son at http://yinkacraig.org/blog/ .

In view of the family's 'Opening statement' on this blog then, is 'How to Help Yinka Craig' http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/scamming-in-the-name-of-yinka-craig-be-warned-posted-on-th.html a scam?

Even if it's not and is well intentioned, I think the family's noble stance on this matter should be respected. Because no matter how well intentioned these efforts are, their right to deserved privacy should be seriously considered.

Perhaps it would be better if all 'Friends of Yinka Craig' coordinators worldwide were to get in touch with the Administrator of http://yinkacraig.org/blog/ , Olamide Craig - one of Yinka's sons and a medical doctor.

It has got to a stage where people on the internet (purportedly having Yinka's best interest at heart) are - squabling over the authenticity of solicitations for donations, withdrawing involvement in anger, claiming to have spoken with Kehinde (Yinka's wife) in furtherance of this project, and even posting Yinka's (purported?) Nigerian and British bank account numbers on the internet!

All who know Yinka personally know how dignified he is. The least we well-wishers could do therefore is to reflect this in the coordination of (allbeit unsolicited) efforts aimed at assisting him. I'm pleased to know from Yinka's son Olamide's update at http://yinkacraig.org/blog/ that Yinka's very, very far from being despondent.

That said, wanting to help is a natural instinct, and since Yinka's friend Tunde Fagbenle broke the story in his 'Sunday Tribune' column last week, the outflow of concern has been phenomenal. But can we spare a thought for the family, all of whom have been managing this for quite a while before we got to hear about it 'yesterday', and be sensitive to their feelings too?

Why not consider routing all efforts through Olamide who set up http://yinkacraig.org/blog/ on behalf of the Craig family, in the wake of the outpouring of concern that followed Fagbenle's piece (including some no doubt unintended distress to the family, as Olamide reported). That way we'd be carrying his mother Kehinde, and the rest of the Craig family along in our noble efforts to do whatever we can for the indefatigable Yinka Craig.
Re: Yinka Craig Needs Support by doubletree(f): 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2008
He died this morning.May his soul rest in peace .Amen.

Official Family Statement
September 23rd, 2008
It is with a heavy heart, and joy at God’s perfect will that I announce the passing on to Glory of my father, teacher, mentor and friend, Mr. Olayinka Babasanya Craig, who went to be with the Lord at 6.00am this morning at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.

He was a pioneer radio and television broadcaster, sports journalist extraordinaire and a national icon.

He is survived by his wife, Dr. Kehinde Craig, his sons, Mr. Olayinka Craig and Dr. Olamide Craig and his “one and only” Miss Temilola Craig.

Dr. David Olamide Craig
for and on behalf of the family

www.yinkacraig.org
Re: Yinka Craig Needs Support by ikamefa(f): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2008
doubletree:

He died this morning.May his soul rest in peace .Amen.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Amin !
Re: Yinka Craig Needs Support by tumfulu: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2008
what a loss!
Re: Yinka Craig Needs Support by xtolove(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2008
It saddens me to hear about his death on STV. I did not even know he was battling with cancer. I pray God gives his family the fortitude to bear this great loss
Re: Yinka Craig Needs Support by tosinadeda: 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2008
cry cry cry
smokers beware!!!! its harmful to ur health
Re: Yinka Craig Needs Support by osachuka: 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2008
MAY HIS REST IN PEACE, AMEN

(1) (Reply)

Zee World Aka Tentebo Soldier Is Dead / Photos:meet Most Beautiful Girls In Lagos. 28 Final Contestants / OMG!!! See What Happened In Aba Today (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.