Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 (1419 Views)

Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player / Install Windows Media Player Without Validation / Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 by twinstaiye(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2006
Microsoft is now readying its upgraded, Windows Media Player 11, with a beta release slated for Wednesday. So how does it look? Digital Music News grabbed an early copy, which is compatible with Windows XP systems. The application, which will house the upcoming, Urge music service from MTV, offers a wide range of enhancements over its predecessor. Windows Media Player 11 is heavily focused on graphic usability, and integrates album artwork within the library. For most users, that will represent a nice touch, though the bigger concern is navigating a library that often contains thousand of tracks. With that in mind, Microsoft offers a well-tailored search that is both fast and accurate, even with a large collection of poorly tagged tracks.

Read more and see screenshot at http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/#051506wmp But if you are lazy type, read the rest here -

For example, both device synchronization and CD burning are highly intuitive drag-n-drop processes, and both feature a “gas gauge” indicator to easily monitor how quickly things are filling up. Reverse synchronization is also part of the application, which makes sense for camera phones and MP3 players with recorders. Other touches include an integrated graphic equalizer, and the display of lyrics metadata. Some hiccups appeared, including compatibility issues with a Verizon V Cast, LG VX8100 phone, though it is unclear if that incident points to a larger device issue. Microsoft will release a beta version of the application to the public on Wednesday.

Re: Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 by Seun(m): 1:26pm On May 15, 2006
Thanks for sharing the article with our community!

Personally, I don't care much about Windows Media Player. A new release won't sound any better!
Re: Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 by nferyn(m): 1:30pm On May 15, 2006
Typically Microsoft. Releasing sub-par software, continually upgrading untill it has becomes something quite usable (and has loads of functionalities) and in it's later versions they finally do something worthwhile usability wise. Hey, the new Office is really efficient UI-wise, so go MS grin
Re: Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 by Cactus(m): 2:20am On May 16, 2006
I have being using the new MS Office 12 for sometime now it works great very easy to get accustomed to, but there could be more improvement that can be made, though i am using the MS Office Enterprise Professional 12 beta version it works great, speed of controls needs to be worked on. I hope there will be an option of not using the scroll change to swap menus because that takes away a couple of milliseconds. else microsoft is working towards a good direction but a long way to go.

as for windows media, well it sucks, too bulky, and useless to me, winamp rocks, simple, clean, and light configuration.
Re: Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 by twinstaiye(m): 11:44am On May 18, 2006
Seun:

Thanks for sharing the article with our community!

Personally, I don't care much about Windows Media Player. A new release won't sound any better!
Seun, which media player do you prefer?
Re: Microsoft Prepares Enhanced, Windows Media Player 11 by Zahymaka(m): 2:39am On May 21, 2006
Microsoft seems to be very good at making bloatware. There's a significant difference between response times of version 9 and 10 -- because of the graphics.

I won't be surprised if the new player 11 is all buggy eye-candy.

(1) (Reply)

Free Ccna Dumps Download / How Can I Disable The Setup Password On My Dell Inspiron 1501 / Multi-links 3g Vs Glo 3g router. Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.