Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player (17794 Views)

How To Extract Audio File From Video File Using VLC Media Player / Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player / Convert Itunes Drm-ed Videos To Common Formats With M4vgear New Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by haxorDelite(m): 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
3 Things You Dont Know About Your Vlc Media Player

VLC is the most popular media player because it plays everything of almost every format, but VLC can do a lot more things of which a normal user does not know about.

1) Rip DVDs: You probably would never use it when there are better DVD rippers available, but it helps to know that you can in fact, get a decent quality DVD rip with VLC.

To rip a movie follow these steps:

Go to the Media menu and choose Convert/ Save.

Click on the Disc tab.

* Here you can adjust the Starting Position and rip only specific titles or chapters.
* Enter file name making sure to end with .MPG, and start ripping.
* Click Save.
* Its done!

2) Record videos:
With the new VLC, you can record videos during playback. The record button is hidden by default. To see it, click on View -> Advanced Control. The record button will appear.

Clicking on the button while playing a movie or video will start recording. Clicking again will stop the recording.

3) Convert Audio and Video formats:
In VLC you can convert video and audio files from one format to another. Several different formats are supported like MP4, WMV, AVI,OGG, MP3 etc. To access the converter:
* Go to Media -> Convert/Save.
* Load the file you want to convert using the Add button and click Convert.
* Now choose the output format and output file location.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by emerem: 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
You are on point dear, keep it up.
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by sats: 9:24am On Jan 03, 2014
good post
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by KKImoh: 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
nyc 1, ama do it
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by packman: 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
[size=30pt]STORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORY[/size]
[size=20pt]
ANYWAYS FOR THE UP AND COMING

PLEASE TAKE NOTE.........

VLC IS ALSO A GOOD VIRUS SOURCE

PROOF RITE

YOU WOULD LEARN FROM YOUR

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
Buy the movie and stop ripping and pirating shyt angry

So this made it to the fp? Nairaland; promoting sharp practices since its inception cry

4 Likes

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by sammyyoung2(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by glamoureze(m): 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
nice. am trying it @ d moment
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Uchwilliam(m): 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
wow it worked.tanx dearie
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Abbey2sam(m): 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nice one @op, i already knw all this and have applications for the ones I don't know on VLC

This year must be a good year, I'm close to "first to comment", sure I will make it soon
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
K.
I ll try it.
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Smily202(m): 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Who give a shit......Wen I get soo many converter...

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Smily202(m): 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Who give a shit......Wen I get soo many converter...

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by paulcr7: 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
Whats the diff between the formats
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
packman: [size=30pt]STORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORYSTORY[/size]
[size=20pt]
ANYWAYS FOR THE UP AND COMING

PLEASE TAKE NOTE.........

VLC IS ALSO A GOOD VIRUS SOURCE

PROOF RITE

YOU WOULD LEARN FROM YOUR

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE [/size]

That is a load of BS, get your facts right.
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by WIZGUY69(m): 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
*yawns* jux cumin bak 4rm jupitar nw! Merry xmas and api new year y'all
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by femi4: 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
pDude: Buy the movie and stop ripping and pirating shyt angry

So this made it to the fp? Nairaland; promoting sharp practices since its inception cry
Ode! Na only movie pple dey rip.
What a myopic view!

2 Likes

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by packman: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
wallflower:

That is a load of BS, get your facts right.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
[size=30pt]
PLEASE HELP ME PREPARE MY FACTS [/size]
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Rajosh(m): 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
wow I never knew vlc could do these things.
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Jbravo58(m): 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
And now, instd of them evn appreciating wat someone did they wuld kip critising like they also got sumtin gud to say
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by israkin01: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
I thought i would find in d comment section will be 'Tanx, 'keep it up' and stuffs like dat.. Pls lets be appreciative to any let little thing we are best ng shared on NL... God bless us all
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by israkin01: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
I thought wat i would find in d comment section will be 'Tanx, 'keep it up' and stuffs like dat.. Pls lets be appreciative to any let little thing we are best ng shared on NL... God bless us all
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
femi4: Ode! Na only movie pple dey rip.
What a myopic view!

haxorDelite: [
1) Rip DVDs: You probably would never use it when there are better DVD rippers available, but it helps to know that you can in fact, get a decent quality DVD rip with VLC.
To rip a movie follow these steps:
* Now choose the output format and output file location.

Thank you for proving that your father is an ode cheesy
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by IAMBREEZY: 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks babe let me try it...
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
On point!
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by zombader(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nt really related to the topic buh I hv a problem using vlc on my system... It converts all my files and programs into vlc executable mode, including my desktop icons. Hw can I correct this? Thanks
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
How low Nairaland has gotten to the point they encourage illegalities. The kind of threads making the homepage when better topics, like the below links, are hidden away.

www.nairaland.com/1578354/rivers-assembly-majority-leader-lloyd

www.nairaland.com/1570955/gov-aliyu-weeps-over-dilapidated

www.nairaland.com/1576748/apc-chief-asks-obasanjo-quit

www.nairaland.com/1202792/document-nigerias-amalgamation-1914-picture

1 Like

Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by RealAlfranco: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by bajeen(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pls how canI convert to 3gp?
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by chi4ik(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nice post, great lesson to learn. This is d kind of Topic we need here on nairaland. I need more of this pls....
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by chidanzy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Cool post Tanks op ama try it AsaP haters kip it on e no de pain !
Re: Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player by Brymo: 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
This is unprecendented

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Help On How To Hack My Bf's Social Networks! / Top 5 Reasons Computers Crash And Precaution / Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.