Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Does Nigeria Have Rights For House Boys And House Girls/gate Man And Gate Women - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Does Nigeria Have Rights For House Boys And House Girls/gate Man And Gate Women (1445 Views)

Locked Gate Of Ooni Of Ife (Photo) / How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? / Does Nigeria Have Honour Killings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Nigeria Have Rights For House Boys And House Girls/gate Man And Gate Women by sexsinners(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2013
Often when i see Nigerian movies , i see the owner yell or slap the house helpers.I also sometimes see them get raped and beaten,and no police is called into the scene.It is almost like they are slaves but get paid for it.They are physically and mentally abuse daily by their owners,and are often threaten everyday that they will loose their job.

Do these "people" in Nigeria have rights even thought they are not educated, and financially well off.

I know i said i saw this in movies ,but you cannot deny that this really happens in Nigeria. house owners assault their house helpers ,and if they do have rights for them ,i believe their employers should read them their rights to not being verbally or physically assaulted.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Rights For House Boys And House Girls/gate Man And Gate Women by toshacer: 5:35pm On May 15, 2013
Even parents slap and beat their wards, what rights are you talking about?
Re: Does Nigeria Have Rights For House Boys And House Girls/gate Man And Gate Women by sexsinners(m): 6:24pm On May 15, 2013
tosh_acer: Even parents slap and beat their wards, what rights are you talking about?

rights to not physically or verbally assault the people they employ into their house. duh
Re: Does Nigeria Have Rights For House Boys And House Girls/gate Man And Gate Women by anonymous6(f): 2:40pm On May 18, 2013
It's not like they are slaves, so they have the right to leave the job if they want to but in general I don't think they have any rights in general when it comes to their job.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Rights For House Boys And House Girls/gate Man And Gate Women by Nobody: 10:43am On May 19, 2013
sexsinners: Often when i see Nigerian movies , i see the owner yell or slap the house helpers.I also sometimes see them get raped and beaten,and no police is called into the scene.It is almost like they are slaves but get paid for it.They are physically and mentally abuse daily by their owners,and are often threaten everyday that they will loose their job.

Do these "people" in Nigeria have rights even thought they are not educated, and financially well off.

I know i said i saw this in movies ,but you cannot deny that this really happens in Nigeria. house owners assault their house helpers ,and if they do have rights for them ,i believe their employers should read them their rights to not being verbally or physically assaulted.
the human rights in the Nigerian constitution along with international human rights should protect these people

(1) (Reply)

Itsekiri Women's Day / Meet The Woman At The Back Of N20 Note. / Rivpoly Lecturer And Apc Stalwart Shot Death In Ogoni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.