Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles (10755 Views)

Delicious Or Detestable? See How Frogs Are Prepared In Benue (PHOTOS) / Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 16, 2013
A Japanese star chef was allegedly killed over a meal of noodles that diners claimed was poorly prepared, reports say.

Miki Nozawa, a 57-year-old Japanese chef working in Germany, died on Monday as a result of injuries he purportedly sustained from two disgruntled diners he served at a restaurant on the North Sea island of Sylt, according to the Australian Associated Press. The chef was allegedly attacked by two men who claimed they "didn’t like" the meals he served, the report notes. A dish of fried noodles with beef and vegetables was a point of contention.

Nozawa's unnamed ex-wife told German newspaper Sylter Rundschau that her husband died of "severe brain injuries and internal bleeding" he sustained during a Sunday night altercation.

"My ex-husband was not aggressive, absolutely good-natured man," she said, according to a Huffington Post translation of the report. "He never would have started a fight."

"We have heard that the men wanted to get back their ten euros for the food. We see this as a racist act," she said, claiming that the chef had been called a "chink" while working on the island.

A conflicting report by German tabloid Bild says the two suspects left the restaurant without paying and later ran into the chef as they went into the table dance venue "Z1" and the fight escalated. The suspects are said to have been "intoxicated."

The AAP reports that the two were arrested but then later released due to lack of evidence. They are, however, still being questioned by police.

Nozawa was a celebrity chef who was famous for his Italian-Japanese fusion cuisine, according to Bild. He has served the likes of Mikhail Gorbachev, Denzel Washington and Phil Collins.

SOURCE
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by PrettySpicey(f): 11:58pm On May 16, 2013
This is completely terrible and totally unacceptable! N these men were released because of "lack of evidence''? Did the Police even investigate for evidence?
A man who served celebrities loses his life because two 'unknown' men were dissatisfied with their meal. Life undecided

1 Like

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by micki83(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2013
Wow! This is beyond shocking! Over noodles? Damn! I'd hate to see what they'd do to doctors who fail to save a patient's life...
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by dasparrow: 12:00pm On May 19, 2013
That's Germany for you. A very racist country yet people keep going there. Its a pity this celebrity chef lost his life in such a tragic way in the hands of german racists.

3 Likes

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by dominique(f): 9:30am On May 22, 2013
If he was African nko? They would have chopped him to pieces and gotten away with it. There's still some Nazi spirit in those people. .
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 22, 2013
Nazi Bastarrds....

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by yuzedo: 1:34pm On May 22, 2013
huh?! op bro u min a jackin chan man kill his cooker becoss of indommy nodules??!?? MY GORD! undecided
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Skywalker5(m): 1:35pm On May 22, 2013
really?
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Okijajuju: 1:35pm On May 22, 2013
Wow
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Navalsadiq(m): 1:36pm On May 22, 2013
the germans are wicked set of human beings
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by yuzedo: 1:38pm On May 22, 2013
well is truth. jamny is very racism. my fada Chiff Polycap Sweetus 1 of Alaba have bin dere. wink ............... daz why i neva live Banana Ice land to go anywer place! angry angry angry
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Clemzy16(m): 1:38pm On May 22, 2013
see wetin addict of mordernize-worms don cause!!
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by supaeagles(m): 1:39pm On May 22, 2013
dasparrow: That's Germany for you. A very racist country yet people keep going there. Its a pity this celebrity chef lost his life in such a tragic way in the hands of german racists.
Hmmm...so just based on this unfortunate incident you have now branded the whole country as very racist? Na wa oh! What if others now judge Naija and say that we are all suicide bombers just based on the acts of the few boko haram members of our otherwise great society.

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 22, 2013
LWTMB. HE GONE GET COOKING LESSONS IN HEAVEN
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by dadicvila(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2013
Germans at it again.....very terrible people pretending to have changed from their wicked ways....even when I watch their footballers I still notice that aura of wickedness around them.....I am sure the case will be swept under the rug

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:42pm On May 22, 2013
ah thats sad. poor guy. wasted talent. May the Goddess Amaterasu guide his soul to the netherworld. sad
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by true2god: 1:43pm On May 22, 2013
Na waooo. Even the mallam wey dey do my 'two indomie one egg' neva face dis kain beating b4, despite the fact that the guy no sabi well well, we still dey manage am.

May God deliver us frm bad pple sha.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by princeonx: 1:43pm On May 22, 2013
yuzedo: well is truth. jamny is very racism. my fada Chiff Polycap Sweetus 1 of Alaba have bin dere. wink ............... daz why i neva live Banana Ice land to go anywer place! angry angry angry

^^^
Smh! 9 whole month with labour still came out wrong! Kpele! grin
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Bambela(m): 1:44pm On May 22, 2013
A man lost his life for not satisfying his fellow with indomme? What a World?
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by naijaobi(m): 1:49pm On May 22, 2013
dasparrow: That's Germany for you. A very racist country yet people keep going there. Its a pity this celebrity chef lost his life in such a tragic way in the hands of german racists.
so just because of what happened, u label Germany a racist country? Its ur type that will swear at other countries when they label us 'terrorists'..
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by zolajpower: 1:49pm On May 22, 2013
MAY B THE MAN FORGOT TO IN INCLUDE A GERMAN BEER. SINCE THE GERMAN CARE KNOWN FOR TAKING ALCOHOL. AFTER WHICH THEY GOT DRUNK TO STUPOR AND KILLED AN INNOCENT JAPANESE MAN
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Caracta(f): 1:50pm On May 22, 2013
And here I am, salivating at the rejected noodles. Smh...
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by DJDOLA(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2013
grin grin grin So all does foools self they eat indomie
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Nightshift(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2013
When i saw the news on German RTL last week i was shocked. Such a thing could happen in Nazi youths infested places in the east of the country, but i never expected such to happen in that small Island near liberal Hamburg and Bremen. Too bad! Sylt is arguably a rich people's paradise, not known as a playing ground for Nazi groups.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by zolajpower: 1:58pm On May 22, 2013
WHAT WE REFUSE TO KNOW IS THAT THEIR IS MORE TO THE NOODLE. NOT RACIST, AS MAJORITY OF YOU HAD CLAIM. IF I MAY ASK HOW MANY OF US DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK THE NOODLES? BUT HOW MANY OF US CAN COOK THE NOODLES WITH BEER? AM SURE IF WE FOUND OUT WELL IT MIGHT BE THE DAY BAYER MUNICH WON BARCELONA 7-0. SO THE POOR CHEF FORGOT TO DO THERE WISH
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by fpeter(f): 1:59pm On May 22, 2013
obadiah777: LWTMB. HE GONE GET COOKING LESSONS IN HEAVEN

I think say you be bornagain?
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Nosyke(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2013
They forgot to tell us if it was indomie, dangote or mimi noodles?
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by AbuMikey(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2013
WtF
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:06pm On May 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 22, 2013
fpeter:

I think say you be bornagain?
WETIN BE BORN AGAIN ? ME I NO BE BORN AGAIN OOOO. I BE ISRAELITE grin
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by ABsI1: 2:12pm On May 22, 2013
RIP Chef. i remember vividly eating dis same stuff wit wifey and kids anytime on summer visits. we'll sure miss u dearie.
dis german shepherds are beta dan those naija grave diggers,human parts sellers. imagine cutting off ur dead brodas heads and dead sisters bodyparts, and blaming it on poverty.
Re: Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2013
AB$I:
RIP Chef. i remember vividly eating dis same stuff wit wifey and kids anytime on summer visits. we'll sure miss u dearie.
dis german shepherds are beta dan those naija grave diggers,human parts sellers. imagine cutting off ur dead brodas heads and dead sisters bodyparts, and blaming it on poverty.

idiott.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Designer Stew - Alade Market style / My First Fried Rice.. (pictures) / Win Big in The Devon King's Mega Millionaire Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.