Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) (23143 Views)

All African Countries And Their Independence Days, Colonial Names / Top 12 Most Racist Countries In The World / Washington Murders Countries And The US Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by Pdizzle(m): 3:58pm On May 18, 2013
PrettySpicey:
There can't be only one race, my dear, because I know there is RAT RACE grin grin grin
hehe
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by slex(m): 5:04pm On May 18, 2013
Forget this, well arabs are racist but definitely more accommodating than people from hong kong, Bangladesh and even some Europeans. I am talking from personal experience
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by chukxie(m): 6:08pm On May 18, 2013
We say we are not racist but we unapologetically speak about how we hate certain people from certain countries. Giving the right situation, i think every human being is innately racist including the people that conducted the survey in question.
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by Abrakhan: 9:38pm On May 18, 2013
50calibre: This poll is hokum. I can tell you that Nigeria is not racist, as a matter of fact, nigerians value other races better than they value theirs. A white or asian or indian person gets preferential treatment in Nigeria. I've seen nigerian girls dating an Indian or Lebanese, and then prancing around like they are on top of the world.
I agree with you.
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by panafrican(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2013
From the article
The country with the highest proportion of 'intolerant' people who wanted neighbours similar to them was Hong Kong, where 71.8 per cent of the population would refuse to live next to someone of a different race.
Next were Bangladesh on 71.7 per cent, Jordan on 51.4 per cent and India with 43.5 per cent.

Good riddance ! I mean, who wants to live next to an indian anyway ?
what does living next to a broke diehard Bengladesh jihadist provide?
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by Mogidi: 10:15am On May 19, 2013
For tribalism Nigeria would rank highest but for racism we rank lowest. We like Oyimbo more than we do are own race.
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 19, 2013
Syenite: Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.[1][2][3]-Wikipedia.org.

Nigerians any where in the world(especially in other African countries) are guilty of feeling superior to other nationals. Not surprised we are among the top racist nations.
Maybe you and the Nigerians you know abroad are guilty of this but I'm not, neither are the Nigerians I know. I'm tired of hearing this "Nigerians are arrogant" stuff. I don't feel superior or inferior to other nationals.
@post: this is crap.
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by Kajina: 7:14pm On May 19, 2013
Mogidi: For tribalism Nigeria would rank highest but for racism we rank lowest. We like Oyimbo more than we do are own race.

@ bolded

True say. To the extent that they even adore the oyinbo skin and despise the black skin SMH
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by rafcrown(m): 7:19pm On May 21, 2013
SAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RACISM. PERIOD.SIMPLE
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by rafcrown(m): 7:21pm On May 21, 2013
GOOD RESEARCH
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by bmarchand: 2:55am On Jun 06, 2013
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/05/15/a-fascinating-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/

According to the original source, the numbers were wrong for Bangladesh and Hong Kong as they have reversed the number of "Yes" and "No" on the questionnaires.
See the bottom of the Washington Post article, an update and correction was made by original author Max Fisher.

"Correction: This post originally indicated that, according to the World Values Survey, 71.7 percent of Bangladeshis and 71.8 percent of Hong Kongers had said that they would not want a neighbor of a different race. In fact, those numbers appear to be substantially lower, 28.3 percent and 26.8 percent, respectively. In both cases, World Values appears to have erroneously posted the incorrect data on its Web site. "
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
bigx: reported by "washington post"

That's all
grin cheesy
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by panafrican(m): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
How about xenophobia?
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by panafrican(m): 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
angry
This map is misleading, it rather talk about xenophobia, because race is too broad and many things happen within a race. For instance, America is the most xenophobic country in the world and so-called African Americans are the most xenophobic. They are jealous and hateful towards African immigrants. The suckers do not even understand that Africans are coming to America just like Europeans are comi9ng to America. Moreover many African American are settling in West Africa.
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by andrewza: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2013
This is not a suprise to me.
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by phazotron(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
IMO The most racist country in d world is india.
Re: Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) by ACM10: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
GenBuhari:
penetrative sex includingpenetrative sex with sex workers and BehindBased sex .

Your madness don enter market o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Korea Joins Hypersonic Arms Race ( Pics , Video) / Snake Festival In East India (photos) / IIhan Omar, Says She’s Drawing Up Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.