Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. (35000 Views)

4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat / 5 Biggest Causes Of Pot-belly And How To Reduce It / 33 Home Remedies To Lose Belly Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by badmeat(m): 7:35pm On May 17, 2013
Hell no!can't do without my beerangry
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by j4jj: 7:48pm On May 17, 2013
I don't drink but eat quite late @ nite! My tommy has grown big! The major cause is storage of too much of starch around d belly
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by 2legit2qwt: 7:55pm On May 17, 2013
j4jj: I don't drink but eat quite late @ nite! My tommy has grown big! The major cause is storage of too much of starch around d belly

Yeah, that definitely causes the stomach to protrude. Start doing some exercises to reduce the fat around that area if you can't change your meal time
lepasharon:

Eeew..that is why i chew my swallow

That's even more gross, yuck!
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by j4jj: 8:00pm On May 17, 2013
[quote author=2legit2qwt]

Yeah, that definitely causes the stomach to protrude. Start doing some exercises to reduce the fat around that area if you can't change your meal time

Thanks bro! Gr8 advice
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Wahala90: 8:15pm On May 17, 2013
[size=14pt]This man stays at Belle Avenue[/size]

Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 17, 2013
gluv01:

It won't stop me from yoghurt...
And barbeque grin grin
Low fat greek Yoghurt is actually healthy...
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by AbuMikey(m): 9:11pm On May 17, 2013
Noted
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 17, 2013
Eating and then sleeping right after.
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 17, 2013
Wahala90: [size=14pt]This man stays at Belle Avenue[/size]

Lol.
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Donmichaelz(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2013
"If you won't marry me, don't
date me. What's the essence of
JS1-SS3 if you won't write
WAEC?"
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by 2legit2qwt: 12:21am On May 18, 2013
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Edmarkprodcts: 12:35am On May 18, 2013
Clemzy16: hmmm...and i actually thought belle-fat abi na pot-belle is a sign of good living! *confused*
no,its actually a sick condition.get Edmark products to deal with it
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by gluv01(f): 12:35am On May 18, 2013
ROSYL:
Low fat greek Yoghurt is actually healthy...

Right wink
I take 'weight watchers'
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Kajina: 2:05am On May 18, 2013
Lilimax:
grin Also eating a lot of swallow at night. If you must eat swallow,
let it be before 6pm else you will develop pot belly shocked shocked

@ bolded

LOL! What's that? I'm curious grin
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by dangali: 3:33am On May 18, 2013
That tumbi na sickness. Habah stop taking beer now
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by del5545(m): 6:24am On May 18, 2013
I had belle fat too.I don't take alcohol but I eat late at night and I eat meat a lot.can this be the cause of my belle fat? cos some people told me eaten too much meat cause belle fat.
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by CHIMCO(m): 6:28am On May 18, 2013
Edmarkprodcts: no,its actually a sick condition.get Edmark products to deal with it
which Edmark product and how can it stop it?
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by GHSwagg: 4:07pm On May 19, 2013
slysinzu: There are pills and exercises on the market
today that claim to erase belly fat effortlessly. However, changes in a person’s lifestyle are a more direct and more effective approach to eliminating the problem. Excessive belly fat increases the risk of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and even Alzheimer’s disease.
Here are 5 of the most common causes of belly fat.

1. Drinking Too Much Alcohol

“Beer belly” is the common term for excess fat that has accumulated due to drinking a lot of alcohol on a regular basis. Beer isn’t the only culprit, though. Contrary to the specific term, drinking an excessive amount of any alcoholic beverage can cause beer belly. (Except wine, according to research.) Alcohol contains nothingbut empty calories that are stored in the stomach area.

2. Eating Too Many Bad Carbohydrates

There are good carbs and there are bad carbs. Eating unrefined carbs like fruit, legumes, vegetables and whole grains is good for you, and helps in weight control. Eating biscuits, cakes, donuts, white bread and other refined carbs does the opposite. Eat too many of these carbs and a person’s insulin level will rise. Their metabolism will slow down, and the excess sugar the body can’t use will be stored as belly fat.

3. Stress Overload

Too much stress has many negative impacts on the body. Stress causes the body to switch into survival mode. One way the body ensures its survival is by storing more fat so starvation doesn’t occur if there’s no food eaten. Stress also causes the body to produce excessive amounts of cortisol. This hormone moves stored fat to the abdomen area and creates belly fat. According to a study by the Psychology Department at Yale University, women (in particular) who had a higher amount of belly fat were more negative, and lived with higher levels of stress.

4. Genetics

This cause of belly fat may be the toughest one to hear, because it entails not really being able to do all that much to prevent it. Genetics play a role in deciding where the fat distribution goes in your body, and it practically relates to two different body types. Either you are apple- shaped or pear-shaped. If you are pear-shaped, then the fat generally accumulates in your lower areas like your fanny. If you are apple-shaped, then your body has the tendency of storing fat around your midsection, thus leading to belly fat.

5. Sedentary Lifestyle

A sedentary lifestyle is defined as one in which a person fails to exercise regularly, or fails to get any exercise at all. The biggest problem with a sedentary lifestyle is that it can increase your chances of developing serious health conditions, which are all somewhat preventable. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, you are raising your chances of dying younger, yet you can easily avoid this by simply moving more and exercising regularly. It commonly consists of the practice of sitting on the couch and watching too much TV. Such a lifestyle is not limited just to TV watching; it also involves reading too much or using the computer too much. Basically, if you are not moving enough, it is sedentary.

A word to the wise......
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Edmarkprodcts: 9:26pm On May 19, 2013
j4jj: I don't drink but eat quite late @ nite! My tommy has grown big! The major cause is storage of too much of starch around d belly
use Edmark health products.urs,is a simple case.in just 7 to 14 days,u shall feel,good,feel greate luk beta & beta
Re: The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. by Miraclebaby1109: 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Very true n educating, thanks for sharing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 373 Cases. 99 Discharged. 11 Dead / 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know / Don't Panic, That's Your Anatomy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.