Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 (18178 Views)

Truck With Hero Beer Falls In Gboko, Benue State (Photos) / Ancient Tree Falls, Kills Over 50 People In Imo State / Tree Falls, Kills 31, Injures 16 In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 11:42am On May 18, 2013
The gods must be crazy for betraying their loyalist
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by solotutu(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2013
sad[color=#000099][/color] may GOD save our dear country ohh,things are just turning away frm 'normal'
also blive d tree answerin to evil powers..
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by redsun(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2013
That tree could have been there for centuries but uprooted in twinkling an eye as a result threatening and chaotic climate change

The government should be blame for that,because it is their responsibility to see that huge trees like that in public squares are in top shape.
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by MostHigh: 12:16pm On May 18, 2013
obadiah777: THE KINGDOM COMETH AMIDST MUCH VIOLENCE CLEANSING AND BLOODSHED. THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SORROWS. WATCH THE FRONTPAGE FOR MASS DEATHS.

The words you speak are too hard for them brother.

They woul rather you tell them all is well when its not

1 Like

Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by nifeloveth(f): 12:30pm On May 18, 2013
Eeyah may there souls rip
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by nwannemous(m): 12:31pm On May 18, 2013
is a very big truth o, my sister escaped d death too, we all finally wen dia to see for ourselve, is a market plc
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by baggy4luv(m): 12:48pm On May 18, 2013
fatdon2: Thank God i left there 30mins befor it happend.
house boy
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by dougivilla(m): 1:01pm On May 18, 2013
obadiah777: MARK 1 VS 27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? THE FRONTPAGE WILL BE MY WITNESS wink
So tree accident is now a doctrine?. Guy seek help, urgently!
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 18, 2013
MostHigh:

The words you speak are too hard for them brother.

They woul rather you tell them all is well when its not
LOL THEY WANT TO HEAR SMOOTH THINGS grin grin PROPHESY UNTO US SMOOTH THINGS AND DECEIT
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 18, 2013
dougivilla: Obadiah777, who has done this to you? I thought you were just been an apostate, a herectic, a fanatic or a religious extremist, but from all indications, you're not far from 'demented'
My advice: go get anti-depressants. You really need them! Your condition is almost beyond redemption!

Stop attacking the messenger, maybe he needs to be more refined in his delivery, but he is not saying anything different from what my pastor says on a regular sunday sermon.look around you bros cant you see that Poo is about to go down, dont be like the proverbial ostrich with his stuck in the ground.

2 Likes

Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 18, 2013
femmyb:
Stop attacking the messenger, maybe he needs to be more refined in his delivery, but he is not saying anything different from what my pastor says on a regular sunday sermon.look around you bros cant you see that Poo is about to go down, dont be like the proverbial ostrich with his stuck in the ground.

LOL SOME PEOPLE NEED TO FEEL IT TO BELIEVE IT. THEY WILL FEEL IT. SUP CHIEF
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by babestell(f): 1:15pm On May 18, 2013
I was in tears when I hsard this story. I spent my childhood trying to beat my record of how long it would take to run round the tree. My dad says the tree must be more than 400years because his grandmom told him that her own grandmom was still a child when the tree was already old. In the hey days before the akwakuma to hardel road was built, I think 15 or more persons to encircle the tree, just to give u an idea how big it was. When the road was built, part of the tree was shaved off, its roots dug up and I think that contributed to the fall. The tree has been dieing slowly for years. The rain/breeze that fell it, shouldnt have been able to do so if not that it was weak (thats what I think) a husband and wife were died. Under tree is the market place, so I know a lot of the victims will be market women or those took shelter from the rain under it. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by dougivilla(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2013
femmyb:

I attack falsehood anyday, anytime and in any form, not the personalities behind the untruths. Ob777 is simply herectic. Any message that is outside of the scriptures is baseless and falsehood.

Again, You might have to reconsider your membership of a church that consistently preaches doom, troubles, killings, frustrations, damnation, calamity and the likes! The goodnews is about the saving power of God, the love of God, the miraculous acts of God throuh Christ, the victory in Christ, the Rapture of the saints et al.

Moreso, ob777, your new found role model says going to church is unscriptural, so why are you still going to that your church that constantly preaches your ''true messanger's'' kind of message?
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 18, 2013
dougivilla:

Again, You might have to reconsider your membership of a church that consistently preaches doom, troubles, killings, frustrations, damnation, calamity and the likes! The goodnews is about the saving power of God, the love of God, the miraculous acts of God throuh Christ, the victory in Christ, the Rapture of the saints et al.
JEREMIAH 28 VS 8 The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence. <<< THE JOB OF A PROPHET. WHICH YOU WOULDNT KNOW BECAUSE YOU ARE A ROMAN CHRISTIAN RELIGION DRONE

2 Likes

Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by snowprince01(m): 2:03pm On May 18, 2013
I wonder how a tree can kill 31 people at the same time, and injure 16.. What kind of tree is that and what were 47 people doing when a single tree fell on them?.. I don't believe this story 1 bit, but let the dead R.I.P...
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by mecussey(m): 2:28pm On May 18, 2013
9jadelta: haaaaa what kind of big tree killed 31 people? besides what is the gravity speed of such tree that could have killed such large numbers? this story no compute o

bros na my village the tree dey ooo, its about 15 feet in diameter and about 100 ft tall. Youths wanted to cut that tree, old men said spirit dey there. Since i was born that tree dey there, and when gov Ohakim was grading the road, the contractors wanted to cut the thing, old men no gree. I dont understant why we so much believe in mistery, now the fact is that the tree is old and weak. We should learn how to believe in facts. Science is more of facts thats why i am a fan. Unfortunately, our ignorant brains never told us that the tree could fall anytime.
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by mecussey(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2013
snowprince01: I wonder how a tree can kill 31 people at the same time, and injure 16.. What kind of tree is that and what were 47 people doing when a single tree fell on them?.. I don't believe this story 1 bit, but let the dead R.I.P...

bros...its a market place but not middle east. The market starts by 4pm and stops by 11pm every day. Ihitte is made up of 5 villages and the tree is at Umudagu, the five villages comes their to buy and sell at night. If not for weather, it could have killed more.
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by mriceberg(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2013
9jadelta: haaaaa what kind of big tree killed 31 people? besides what is the gravity speed of such tree that could have killed such large numbers? this story no compute o
Umudagu is my village the tree is 125yrs according to history and itz an ancestral tree.
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Princessaleeza: 3:32pm On May 18, 2013
Wot I heard was dat d pple as been planning on how 2 cut d tree down cos it has use many years $ their conlusion was dat they shud leave d tree. And d tree environ is used 4 market. People were selling their goods when dis incident happen. The tree av 2 cut them down 1st b4 d tree ll be brought down. RIP
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by SIRCLEAN(m): 4:24pm On May 18, 2013
Oh! What a tragic news? GOD OF THE IMOLITE WHO GAVE US ROCHAS , DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO BEFALL US AGAIN .PLEASE HASTEN UP TO RESCUE THE INJURED AMEN.
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by bigiyaro(m): 6:01pm On May 18, 2013
Na which kind evil tree b dis?
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Bzoe(f): 6:06pm On May 18, 2013
billante: Are they sure about that number! how big is the width of the tree to crush 31 people at d same time.....papers can really blow up news
to make it draw attention
thinking about it too lipsrsealed
billante: Are they sure about that number! how big is the width of the tree to crush 31 people at d same time.....papers can really blow up news
to make it draw attention
thinking about it too
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by mecussey(m): 7:51pm On May 18, 2013
mr iceberg:
Umudagu is my village the tree is 125yrs according to history and itz an ancestral tree.

Serious, pls which compound? I am from Umuonyeali anyway but I know Umudagu wella
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by MostHigh: 8:24pm On May 18, 2013
dougivilla: I attack falsehood anyday, anytime and in any form, not the personalities behind the untruths. Ob777 is simply herectic. Any message that is outside of the scriptures is baseless and falsehood.

Moreso, ob777, your new found role model says going to church is unscriptural, so why are you still going to that your church that constantly preaches your ''true messanger's'' kind of message?

So Mr man the message of ARMADEDION is unscriptural?

Grace period is over now is judgement time.

Proverbial ostritch

Z*mbie.

Are you prepared?

1 Like

Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by MostHigh: 8:27pm On May 18, 2013
dougivilla: I attack falsehood anyday, anytime and in any form, not the personalities behind the untruths. Ob777 is simply herectic. Any message that is outside of the scriptures is baseless and falsehood.

The body is the TEMPLE there is no other church

wake up.

Reprobate.

1 Like

Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 18, 2013
fkaz: Owerri – Thirty one persons were killed when a tree at the Ukwu Uko evening market at Umuejinwaoke Umudagu village, Mbieri, Mbaitolu Local Government Area, Imo, fell on them.
16 others sustained degrees of injuries during the incident, which was caused by rainstorm on Thursday night.
A resident of the community, Mr Nnaemeka Emenyonu, said in Owerri that the tree fell on the affected persons around 8:00 p.m.
He said the tree also destroyed the village hall.
“The big tree fell suddenly on 31 people, who died at the spot and injured 16 others. Those injured were taken to hospital.
“The victims include two sisters, who sell tomatoes. Honestly, this is a saddest event in the history of our community,” he said.
The traditional ruler of the community, Eze Godwin Duru, lamented that such a tragic incident had never occurred in the community.
“I do not know what to say. God, what can we call this?, My people were destroyed within a twinkle of an eye. what a pity,” he said.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Joy Elemoko, declined comment on the incident after several efforts to get the command’s reaction to the issue. (NAN)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/tree-kills-31-injures-16-in-imo/

How can one tree kill 31 people and injure 16
This is unbelievable
I am still trying to figure out how the Ombatse cult in Nassarawa slaughtered 66 heavily armed MOPOL with ordinary cutlass little did I know that an Ombatse tree is growing in Alaigbo
Jehovah Onye ebere
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by dougivilla(m): 8:49pm On May 18, 2013
MostHigh:

Proverbial ostritch

Z*mbie.

Are you prepared?
For hw long will you remain a trainee apostate?

Your mentor would have rather you said ''YOU ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES....''

keep trying, you'l get there soon! You hear?
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by dougivilla(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2013
MostHigh:

Proverbial ostritch

Z*mbie.

Are you prepared?
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 18, 2013
MostHigh:

Proverbial ostritch

Z*mbie.

Are you prepared?
NOT WITH HIS DOCTRINE HE AINT. HE IS UNDER A DELUSION. THE LORD CHOSE HIS DELUSION. ISAIAH 66 VS 4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. HIS DELUSION IS ROMAN CATHOLIC DOGMA

2 Likes

Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by dougivilla(m): 9:09pm On May 18, 2013
MostHigh:

wake up.

Reprobate.
To progress in ur choosen herectic and apostate career, you will need to get closer to you dictionary like your evil master obadiah777. Becos you will need the vocabularies to supress dissenting voices, especially of those who have beaten you both over and over with true truths.

Ur use of 'Z*mbie' and 'Reprobate' as twain missiles is getting monotonous! I can appreciate ur zeal to impress ur oga @ d top in heresy, but take am small small!!!

If you were a good learner you would by now have seen how even your most respected boss avoids falsehoods talks with me for fear of exposition. Be smart and learn well, otherwise I'll make sure your mentor blames you for causing another flight of you both from this thread as usual.

A word is enuf ..... only for the wise sha!
Re: Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 by dougivilla(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2013
MostHigh:

wake up.

Reprobate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Eats Broken Bottles On Live TV As He Dances (VIDEO) / 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya / 1986, 1997 & 2003 Calendars Are Same As That Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.