Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Iyawo Poly-bag! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Iyawo Poly-bag! (1352 Views)

Diary Of New Iyawo(wife) / How To Reply: Iyawo Nko? (aka Where Is Our Wife?) / Diary Of New Iyawo (wife)!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyawo Poly-bag! by jeffizy(m): 6:21pm On May 17, 2013
[b] I am simple and i take life simple too.
Hence, im sharing the funny side of some ladies.
It's weekend,(TGIF),and this is the period the ladies in my topic are at their very best!

Scene 1 : Picture a nicely dressed lady with headgear that can compete with dstv dish.
Seated at a wedding reception and looking quite dignified, well , until the food starts coming in trays.

Scene 2: dignified lady starts becoming active. She calls all the ushers/caterer in desperate tones.
"I have'nt been served food since i got here' she laments.
But with her is a huge poly-bag she keeps stuffing with every food available.
She's got all the various colored rice in her bag!

It's funny when you see some people ,while appearing so urbanized and all,turn feisty at the sight of free food.
They hide plates beneath table and same go for the drinks too. Haba!

Im not even talking about the under privileged men and women who manage to by-pass your security just to come and pick at left overs,but those who can afford to even drive themselves over to the party.

As the weekend starts, remember to take note of that glutton beside u. Man o,woman o,all join.

N.B: kindly avoid been stained with soup oil too.These kind of people are usually careless.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 17, 2013
OP, try and have a open mind, has it occurred to you that hunger knows no boundary undecided

Maybe they are hungry!

Everyone gets hungry once awhile.
Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by RoyalRoy(m): 3:13am On May 18, 2013
Vikin: OP, try and have a open mind, has it occurred to you that hunger knows no boundary undecided

Maybe they are hungry!

Hahahaha, hungry guests abound in parties for real.

I know a woman, my aunt, she doesnt believe in eating just a plate
of food at parties. The first plate they serve her will be
placed under her chair. Usually rice.
Then she collects a second plate, amala or pounded yam.

Her reason? She bought aso ebi so she must eat commiserate with how much
she spent on the aso-ebi.

You don see where person go party looking very fit and agile, then return so slow
and sluggish? Thats my aunt.
Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by jeffizy(m): 3:14am On May 18, 2013
Vikin: OP, try and have a open mind, has it occurred to you that hunger knows no boundary undecided

Maybe they are hungry!

I love your perspective.

But you see some people you know are averagely comfortable hustling real hard for extra plates to the detriment of other guests.
Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by Nobody: 4:03am On May 18, 2013
jeffizy:
I love your perspective.

But you see some people you know are averagely comfortable hustling real hard for extra plates to the detriment of other guests.
True that! Has it occurred to you that they may have a hungry cousin who couldn't attend due to transportation. cheesy

Or maybe the other guest are not too hungry and can afford mr Biggs nearby!

This is Nigeria we are talking about where poverty is still high and law and order works little.

Why not the celebrant get ppl dedicated for sharing refreshment, like that it serves its purpose smiley
Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by Nobody: 4:04am On May 18, 2013
Royal Roy:

You don see where person go party looking very fit and agile, then return so slow

Let her take, next time make the food plenty! tongue
Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by slimyem: 4:08am On May 18, 2013
Royal Roy:

Do I know you?
We seem to share the same aunt.
Highly educated and supposedly polished too but when it comes to "party rice",my aunt nor dey carry last too.cheesy

On days when she can't attend the party and her husband gets to,she'd be like, "MD(my dear),e joo e bami gbe rice ati eran wa o "cheesy though. The husband just shakes his head and/or ignores her most times.

Gluttony,selfishness,greediness-the explanation for people like that.
Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
lol... I don't think taking of food in nylon will stop lol... I don't think taking of food in nylon will stop lol... I don't think taking of food in nylon will stop

3 Likes

Re: Iyawo Poly-bag! by 234GT(m): 11:24am On Apr 21, 2018
It's just greed.

(1) (Reply)

What To Do About A Deceased Member’s Facebook Account. / Guys And Money / Endtime: This 40-years-old Mother Is Set Set To Marry Her Own Son(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.