Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Eating With Bare Hand And Its Correlation With Our Existing Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eating With Bare Hand And Its Correlation With Our Existing Culture (733 Views)

The Correlation With Melanin And Adrenaline. The Final Nail In The Coffin / Woman With Bare Breasts: Mandatory Traditional Marriage Attire / Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eating With Bare Hand And Its Correlation With Our Existing Culture by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 17, 2013
Culture is said to be the total way of Life of People in any given Society. In other word, it's the totality of socially transmitted behaviour patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.

Although, Civilisation is a sometimes controversial, but in a classical context, people were called "civilized" to set them apart from the Primitive Peoples.

Arguably, we need to learn, re-learn and un-learn some traits we came across @ our early lives. I'd even seen people taking Pap, Rice etc with their bare hand. I stopped to take those foods with bare hand very early in my Uni. days because(among other reasons) it wasn't just comfortable.

How would you deal with a Plate of Pounded Yam/Apu and a Okro/Gbegiri Soup(in a gathering); with your bare hand or with cutlery? What about the Soup? 'Scoop with same hand'?

(1) (Reply)

How Best Can You Define Maturity? / Canadian Sisters On Front Lines Of Rebuilding Somalia / Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Passes On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.