Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? (1275 Views)

Woman With Bare Breasts: Mandatory Traditional Marriage Attire / Eating With Bare Hand And Its Correlation With Our Existing Culture / Why Is It Called Mother Tongue Instead Of Father Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by intrepid: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2012
Its so funny recalling those days when we didnt bother about using spoons or forks to eat anything.Even rice was loaded with hands and transfered to the oral cavity for normal mastiaction and onward deglutition....Mien the "stew" knew nothing like tomatoes and the water component would flow down the elbow as you scoop the "delicacy" .Other foods also were treated the same way.Did anyone in the house ever eat with bare hand?No forming Europian or American here,abeg.
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by ezotik: 8:17am On Dec 16, 2012
i dont eat rice with bare hands and i don't know anybody who does, and it is not a matter of forming. the nature of rice makes it difficult to eat with bare hands since they are grains but i might eat the meat with my hand since the way we tend to slice our meat is big and with bones. it will be foolish trying to tackle cow leg with any form of cutlery. so the best bet is to dig in with ur hands. however, i find it absurd when people eat swallows like eba, pounded yam, akpu, amala, etc with fork.
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by intrepid: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2012
^^^^ YOU BE correct townboy maybe wit silver spoon stuff...Not only that You have never practiced it but you also have never seen such....I never even knew about eating cowleg until my few year ago! kudos
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by ezotik: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2012
rice is not what nigerians generally eat with hand in their homes and it has nothing to do with silver spoon. and even if u go across mama puts/restaurants from villages to cities, i doubt u will find anyone eating rice with hand.
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by slimyem: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2012
The only kinds of foods i eat with my hands are mostly swallows...though back in the days,i used to see a few people eat anything and everything with their hands.
They call it "sibi Olorun" and say its sweeter to eat with the handsundecided
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by intrepid: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2012
ezotik: rice is not what nigerians generally eat with hand in their homes and it has nothing to do with silver spoon. and even if u go across mama puts/restaurants from villages to cities, i doubt u will find anyone eating rice with hand.
I just saw some children doing it now...I also recall watching almajiris doing same in Jigawa state....I mean that you have neva seen it does not mean that ppl dont do it.I believe you 'll see it someday.
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by ifyalways(f): 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
I didn't as a child but I do now, jollof and crayfish /prawn and shrimps rice ONLY kiss
Home cooked, as-e-dey-hot for kitchen. I try not to let my boys catch me lest they become infected too.

1 Like

Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by ezotik: 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
intrepid: I just saw some children doing it now...I also recall watching almajiris doing same in Jigawa state....I mean that you have neva seen it does not mean that ppl dont do it.I believe you 'll see it someday.

lol, children and beggars?

i thought this was an adult discussion.
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by Freewilly(f): 6:56am On Dec 17, 2012
Who is this bushman using big words to sound smart .
Re: Eating Rice With Bare Hand Instead Of A Spoon? by Olodo1: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
Using your hands to to eat rice add to the taste of rice which make it delicious compared to the use of spoon.

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality / Check Out A Village Where Animals Are Adopted And Breastfed By Humans: (photos) / Meet Alagba,a 330yr Old Male Tortoise, Nigeria That Is The World’s Oldest Animal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.