Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. (4073 Views)

Catholic: Pentecost Day Mystery / Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by nlMediator: 9:49pm On May 19, 2013
thorpido: May the Spirit of the Lord continue to fire us up and increase God's knowledge in us.

However we all need to grow in knowledge.Pentecost celebration was not for the Christians.The early Christians did not celebrate pentecost but were huddled up in a room on the day of pentecost.It was the Jews who were celebrating pentecost.

The term 'pentecostal churches' or pentecostals(for christians) is a misnomer.

Do you know of any christian that celebrates Pentecost? I think you're assuming a problem where none exists. Christians are aware of what happened on that particular day of Pentecost when the disciples were filled with the Holy Ghost. It does not mean they celebrate the Pentecost nor even celebrate the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. I do not understand in what sense a Pentecostal christian or church is a misnomer. We associate things or persons with landmark events, without that being a misnomer. Again, this is much ado about nothing on your part.
Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by scholes23(m): 9:50pm On May 19, 2013
woky: let us pray:

OH GOD WHO BY THE LIGHT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT DID INSTRUCT THE HEARTS OF THE FAITHFUL, GRANT THAT THROUGH THE SAME HOLY SPIRIT WE MAY BE TRUELY WISE AND EVER REJOICE IN HIS CONSOLATION THROUGH CHRIST OUR LORD, AMEN

1 Like

Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by thorpido(m): 11:28pm On May 19, 2013
nlMediator:

Do you know of any christian that celebrates Pentecost? I think you're assuming a problem where none exists. Christians are aware of what happened on that particular day of Pentecost when the disciples were filled with the Holy Ghost. It does not mean they celebrate the Pentecost nor even celebrate the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. I do not understand in what sense a Pentecostal christian or church is a misnomer. We associate things or persons with landmark events, without that being a misnomer. Again, this is much ado about nothing on your part.
It's obvious you don't get it.Haven't you heard of some people being called pentecostal Christians?So what really is the meaning of that?It's a wrong description because it means to many people an unorthodox christian.A Christian is simply a christian!We use all these descriptions because of a lack of knowledge and that is what i'm pointing out.

If you still don't get,well don't bother.I'm sure others would.
Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by woky: 7:20am On May 20, 2013
scholes23:

OH GOD WHO BY THE LIGHT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT DID INSTRUCT THE HEARTS OF THE FAITHFUL, GRANT THAT THROUGH THE SAME HOLY SPIRIT WE MAY BE TRUELY WISE AND EVER REJOICE IN HIS CONSOLATION THROUGH CHRIST OUR LORD, AMEN
and thou o lord shall open my lips:

1 Like

Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by Anabaraonyepete(m): 11:19am On May 20, 2013
May the holy spirit abide with us now and forever more... AMEN!! [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]smiley
Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by REVOLUTNIS: 8:39pm On May 20, 2013
FATHER, FORGIVE ME MY SINS AND REFILL ME AGAIN AND AGAIN WITH UR HOLY SPIRIT AND POWER, IN THE MATCHLESS NAME OF YOUR SON JESUS, AMEN
Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by scholes23(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2013
woky: and thou o lord shall open my lips:

AND OUR TONGUE SHALL ANNOUNCE YOUR PRAISE
Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by SalC: 12:38pm On May 21, 2013
scholes23:

Incline unto our aid oh Lord
Re: Happy Pentecost Day To All Nairalanders. by woky: 6:26pm On May 21, 2013
scholes23:

catholic sweet joor

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would God Judge Those That Died Without Ever Hearing About Jesus Christ? / The Rapture - Jesus Second Coming In Two Stages ? Is The Rapture Secret ? / Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.