Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,424 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? (6872 Views)

Nigeria Police Academy Begins Sale Of Application Forms / Lagos State Civil Service Application Forms / Where Can I Download Nigerian Immigration Application Forms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by akpanoka: 1:24pm On May 19, 2013
I heard the Nigerian Army asked applicants to pay #2500 for application forms into their Direct Short Service. Is it right for youths struggling for survival to be extorted by govt establishment? And most times, 95% of these applicants don't end Up getting the job. Is this a global practices? Ur view pls

2 Likes

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by lonelydora: 1:35pm On May 19, 2013
The money is supposed to be for logistics, but in Nigeria is another dubious way to make more money from people.

BAba God! Thank you for allowing me be the 1st to comment. I have been trying since I joined Nairaland, and today u made it happen. I abandoned my work in the office today just to be the 1st to comment. To all the Moderators that made it happen, I say THANK YOU.

3 Likes

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by andresia(m): 1:58pm On May 19, 2013
Totally wrong to pay money for application forms. But then every thing is upside down in Nigeria. Pay application for Nigeria army, navy, airforce, police, PTDF scholarship, entry into university etc. Smh for this country, I never paid money to apply for any oversea stuff, be it scholarship, admission to school or whatever. I just give up on this country

2 Likes

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Idokojimmy: 2:50pm On May 19, 2013
I Feel its very wrong. Govt should look into it and correct these fraud related activities.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 19, 2013
Hell NO!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by toluxa1(m): 6:46pm On May 19, 2013
It's not a matter or right or wrong jorr... and why is this on the FP. If una no get any better thread, keep updating us on the exploits of our brave Soldiers angry

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 6:49pm On May 19, 2013
I wonder my brother

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Tajolo(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2013
You said about 95%,say about 98%, the job all goes to the guys that know who. May Allah help us.

3 Likes

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Dermie: 6:57pm On May 19, 2013
NO, they shouldn't.
it's not just right.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by ITbomb(m): 7:00pm On May 19, 2013
U don even see the form to pay .
For others , you even pay to see whether the vacancy dey. #jobberman

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by ogzille(m): 7:01pm On May 19, 2013
It's so sad that the like of Jobberman is joining this "stealing" spree
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by oluwadare26(m): 7:02pm On May 19, 2013
No Offense to some earlier posters...The question was direct and simple so i expect a simple answer instead of Stories...

Ans- NO
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by mrperfect(m): 7:04pm On May 19, 2013
I don't think that is right,they shouldn't collect money from applicants.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by NaijaNaWaa: 7:04pm On May 19, 2013
Completely wrong and extortionist...
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by dridowu: 7:08pm On May 19, 2013
NO NO NO NO NO
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by BarryX(m): 7:10pm On May 19, 2013
That' goes to show how corruption has eaten deep into the typical Nigerian structure. It makes no sense asking for payment for application forms, same goes for the Nigerian police, you pay to pass a road (roger), NCS, NIS, NSCDC job rackets are all culprits, Above all, the most painful is the fr**king NYSC foundation fund, all corpers are still extorted till date. *Pathetic*

2 Likes

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by BarryX(m): 7:12pm On May 19, 2013
oluwadare26: No Offense to some earlier posters...The question was direct and simple so i expect a simple answer instead of Stories...

Ans- NO
Na Opinion Poll??

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Brilliance9000: 7:24pm On May 19, 2013
Yes, in Nigeria only.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by NwaTeacher1: 7:24pm On May 19, 2013
Is so sad that govt establisment uses unemployed applicant money as internal generated revenue. The DG of so called establishment like Nigerian Army, navy, airforce, ndea, road safety use the money to enrich themselves more. That money they are making 4rm suffering nigerians is a problem they will not face to solve
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by brightk(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2013
even wen u gain admission for sku, nor be free oooo... after u don buy jamb form, buy post ume form, u come gain admission..u go still pay for admission clearance (UNIBEN--20k grin)..outside sku fees and other illegal payments....

u go go begin buy text book, lecturer go de one corner de hammer from una head.. u go come graduate. dem go collect d last moni from una hand all in d name of final clearance.. next tin na NYSC... (dem go take work nearly kill person post human being inside forest ) next tin na 2 find job.somebody go come say make i collect form..GOD DON PUNISH DEVIL
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Businesstools(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2013
Yes.Besides,they are not forcing anybody to pay.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Kings77: 7:48pm On May 19, 2013
This is Nigeria's problem,I wonder when Nigerians and Nigeria will get better.
God please salvage this Country.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by condralbede(m): 7:48pm On May 19, 2013
capital '' HELL NO''
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by CashVessel(m): 7:56pm On May 19, 2013
DSS is more than a job, Its a life-long career and the Army, an institution.You might wanna ask if it is right for JAMB forms to be sold or better still,WAEC registration fee to be scrapped.N2500 is pittance compared to the priviledge given to join d army.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 19, 2013
...from my experience,such act is only being done in a country people called Nigeria....
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by xandy84: 8:04pm On May 19, 2013
Jobberman is a scam joor.. Most of the job on the site is not verified.. Paid and start applying only to get series of text messages from agent.. Jobberman my ass

ogzille: It's so sad that the like of Jobberman is joining this "stealing" spree
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 19, 2013
Nothing wrong with that...how do you think people who will go through all these applications are going to b paid? And like someone said a big part of the money is used for logistic
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 19, 2013
They release 50000 scratch cards into d market wen they know dat they have just less Dan 500 spaces for application

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 19, 2013
xandy84: Jobberman is a scam joor.. Most of the job on the site is not verified.. Paid and start applying only to get series of text messages from agent.. Jobberman my ass

Pls explain d 'series of text' cos I want to subscribe too.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by aburo7: 8:21pm On May 19, 2013
I think its wrong.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Artistree: 8:22pm On May 19, 2013
lonelydora: The money is supposed to be for logistics, but in Nigeria is another dubious way to make more money from people.
Logi kini? ANY job dat demands payment b4 applications can be made is a sham. Never paid for, and never will.

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by tunesoft(m): 8:29pm On May 19, 2013
Well,I'll say Nigeria needs help...even to apply for resisdency training, u can be asked to pay as much as 10,000. Nawa ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telinno Consulting Limited Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Ssce/nd/hnd/bsc/msc/phd Needed In Federal Polytechnic, Auchi / The Cost Of Mba Programme In Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.