Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Networking - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Networking (1848 Views)

Best Nigerian Social Networking Sites / Nigerian Social Networking Sites (legwork Vs Naijapals.com Vs Onlinenigeria.com) / Software Engneering And Networking Engrneering Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networking by deen(m): 7:41pm On May 15, 2006
Hey guys i was looking 4 topic that deals with networking, to be exert i want to talk about ROUTERS. Any Networking guru on the forum to help me out.
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2006
Hey Deen,

I cannot claim to be a Networking guru, but i have keen interest in networking.

You really need to be more precise on what you want to know about routers or the networking field, and we all can share ideas that will enhance our performance as we advance in our careers.

I can start by saying without routers there are no internetwork communcations, U most likely do not need a router for communcation within a network but if there must be communication between networks or internetwork-communication then you need a router. The router will have connections or interfaces to the networks that are communicating either directly or indirectly. Indirectly meaning there might be several networks between the communcating networks.

I hope this makes things clear enough for a start. I am assuming you are just starting out in this field which is why I attempted to do this introduction. Like I said I am willing to share resouces if need be

Regards,
Olodumare.
Re: Networking by Golftwo(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2006
Share dem pls
Re: Networking by Golftwo(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2006
Share dem pls
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2006
Hello Golftwo,

The Networking field is vast that, I really doon't know where to start from but if you ask questions then we both can search out the answers. For example in the networking field, we can consider topics like, Routing, Switching, Access control / Security. You can also consider subjects like technical training, Cisco Certification, Juniper Certification etc, the field is broad but we all can attempt to start something

I am currently working on some Cisco certification and am looking for deep industry experience with networking equipment, not necessarily only Cisco equipment.
Re: Networking by Golftwo(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2006
I wnt 2 b a netwrk engr. Cn I jst go 4 CCNA certfcatn or wat cos I'm stil a novice bt I've zeal 4 it
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2006
Networkers,

Golftwo, welcome to the world of connectivity! it is greatr to have you on board, Heere we make sure ppl can communicate all around the world (Voice, Video and Data all together at thesame time). This is a very interesting field to be in. One thing about this field is that it is extremely dynamic like most parts of the ICT fields (Application development, Security, etc).

On desire to be a Network Engr. and writing the CCNA exam, I believe it is a good idea. Go for it but please do not read to pass the exam alone. Try and grasp the concepts cos you will find it very useful. Also if you have an enevironment where you can practice this things, this will definitely give you a leverage.

I don't know if you already have stuff for the exam. Can I have an Idea of what you do now? Have worked to some level with operating systems. Please fill me in on any info that you think I can need to provide some guidance.
Re: Networking by deen(m): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2006
@danielorde
Thanks for replying. i actually want to kn about routing. routing protocol in particular.
i will luv it if u will give materials.
Re: Networking by afajack(m): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2006
Please search well
Re: Networking by Golftwo(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2006
I can use the PC but not as a guru. I want to try Networking cos I ve the idea abt LAN & dis hub of a thing dats all.
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2006
Golftwo,

This sites will definitely provide you with resources, you'll need to download stuff from there. So you might need to find for yourself an internet access that is reliable.

http://www.blueportal.org/modules.php?name=News&file=topics&topic=32 - You will need to register here.
www.net130.com - Chinese site, you gotta look carefully to find what you want.
www.cisco.com - This is a very important site, I suggest you start with blueport though becuase you can easily download study guides and if you are lucky some CBTs.

Be good. I still got someother stuff sha, but I think you can start here. DO explore the blue portal site very well, but be focused else you'll get confused, there are several resources on this site for different things.
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2006
Deen,
The site I will recommend for understanding routing protocols is Cisco's website. Just to give you an idea of the different types of routing protocols. You can read the details by yourself at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

regards.
Re: Networking by Bolaji4349(m): 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2006
hello deen,

If you want to know about networking, i advice you go to one of the good IT training institute out there, NIIT or Aptech, Networking is very wide than wht you can just assume, the guy who reply you first has given you some hits on what a router is, a router is realy the core device in internetworking, without it, two or more seperate network cannot inter communicate. it's the third layer of the osi model if you no what an osi model is all about, that is the network layer, where routing takes place.
Re: Networking by MrAminu: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2006
Hey Guys i want to sit for the CCNA exams too, but i dont knw how much it cost, so any idea how much it is, and do companies in 9ja dig for it, as in does it give me an edge in the job market? i have some resources i mean pdfs and simulation software if anyone is intrested.
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2006
Mr Aminu, the exam costs btw 25 and 28 thousand naira. As to if it can get you a job, yes it can if other factors are favorable.

Best wishes as you write your exam, let us know when you have succeeded so that we can throw a nairaland party!!!
Regards,
Daniel.
Re: Networking by MrAminu: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2006
Thanks Daniel, ireally appreciate the tip. and i will let you knw how it goes when i sit for the exams. Allt he best in your undertakings. wink
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2006
Hello guys, I am looking for used cisco devices to buy. Would love to hear if anyone who knows where I can get very competitive rates, preferably in Naija.
Re: Networking by cyrilyke(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2006
Hey Guyz,

Quite a new one on this forum, but must say i'm really interested in the topic being discussed and contributions made so far.
I'm currently preparing for my CCNP [Switching (BSCN) and Routing (BCMSN) ] , but right now, i'm short of real Lab Simulators to practice wit. Wondering if anyone got idea on a website where one can get to download such simulators.
I'll appreciate contibutions from anyone wit an idea or on same track, or interested in sharing materals.

Cyril
Re: Networking by danielorde(m): 7:42am On Jun 25, 2006
Cyrill, www.net130.com used to have some labs but I do not seem to be able to find the url now. The Labs are quite old though. If you are in Naija Holla at me on yahoo. May be we can share some resource, I cannot disclose the content here though.

Talk to you then.
Re: Networking by cyrilyke(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2006
Hi Daniel,
I've tried Net130.com but cant seem 2 find any Lab there. I'm in Naija.U did not drop
ur yahoo email, so cant holla 4 now.
mine is cyrilyke@yahoo.co.uk, can check me out anytime u r online.

Thanks
Re: Networking by santiago(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2006
if you're interested in taking the CCNA exams,contact me by owolabim@yahoo.com or on 08033792075.mayowa

(1) (Reply)

Chit Chat / Snake With Human Head Found In Indonesia / Could This Be Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.