Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. (1340 Views)

BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory / Jesus Showed Me The Souls Of The Dead That Were Captured / Where Do Souls of Animals Go??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 19, 2013
Sorry about the topic, it's just to have your attention.

I've been wondering about the whereabout of the souls of the people who died long ago.

I think, according to the Bible, every soul will be judged on the last day and sentenced. This means every soul will wait till the judgement day.
If this is the case, then where are the dead waiting? Is there really a place called the city of the dead?

I have also heard stories of people who die and appear to relatives telling them not to cry that they are in a better place. Does this mean they have gone to heaven already?

If yes, what of people who die and keep tormenting their relatives, did they take permission from satan in hell to come out to disturb people?

I've been thinking about these for some time, does anyone have answers pls?
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by donPhill(m): 10:30pm On May 19, 2013
@op is ur topic a statement or a question?...u said facts and now ending in questions
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 1:15am On May 20, 2013
don-Phill:
@op is ur topic a statement or a question?...u said facts and now ending in questions

Sorry. modified!!
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by PastorOluT(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2013
Your
statement/question explains itself, but in the area of taking
permission and appearing to their relatives there is nothing like that.
Though some people claimed to have seen their dead relatives, but you
should know demons don't have bodies and therefore take up the bodies of
the dead. I will also want to say they are not all demons, but its
advisable not to expect anything from the dead for we have the Holy
Spirit and angels to attend to us.

The place the dead await judgements is Heaven or Hell, depending who
they live for on earth, either the devil or God, there is nothing like
purgatory or state of rest or any other origination of man.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 11:35am On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The place the dead await judgements is Heaven or Hell.

Since every soul's destiny is already known at death, what judgement will they await again?

Do u mean the dead relatives people see are not truely their spirit but demons.?
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 11:37am On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
the dead for we have the Holy
Spirit and angels to attend to us.

The place the dead await judgements is Heaven or Hell, depending who
they live for on earth, either the devil or God, there is nothing like
purgatory or state of rest or any other origination of man.

Can you support the above theory with scripture ?
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 11:42am On May 20, 2013
frosbel:

Do u ha have a divergent view? pls share.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by PastorOluT(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2013
@rudebwoy

Since every soul's destiny is already known at death, what judgement will they await again?

The reason for Judgement is simple, this is not the final state of things for there is an appointed time for the end. There will be rewards and punishment at the end so this is just a temporary state whereby all receive the same judgement, those that made Heaven right now will are all in the same place and would be rewarded differently at the end of all things while those in Hell right now will at the end be thrown in to the lake of fire which is different from Hell with degree of punishments

Do u mean the dead relatives people see are not truely their spirit but demons.?

Yes they are not their spirit because their spirit is with either God or in Hell, they all not all demons as i pointed out before, some are also angels to pass message to their relatives, this are spiritual things and don't have a perfect knowledge concerning it. This is not to say we they are not demons or angels for sure, but some things we will only get a perfect knowledge on when we are perfected.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by PastorOluT(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2013
frosbel:

Yes i will just give me some time for i am a little busy right now and dont have time for serious posting, but hope you will not run away as you did from my thread Hell is real? undecided
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Yes i will just give me some time for i am a little busy right now and dont have time for serious posting, but hope you will not run away as you did from my thread Hell is real? undecided

run away ?

What a strange thing to say .
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 20, 2013
[quote author=Pastor Olu T]@rudebwoy

The reason for Judgement is simple, this is not the final state of things for there is an appointed time for the end.

Error No 1.

It is appointment unto all men to die and after that Judgement, this will happen at the end of times , not before, be careful how you interpret scripture.

There will be rewards and punishment at the end so this is just a temporary state whereby all receive the same judgement

Wow oh Wow, this is just plain false, where did you get this strange notion from ? Definitely not from my bible.

those that made Heaven right now will are all in the same place and would be rewarded differently at the end of all things while those in Hell right now will at the end be thrown in to the lake of fire which is different from Hell with degree of punishments

Quote scripture to prove the false doctrine above ^^^^^

Yes they are not their spirit because their spirit is with either God or in Hell,

Man is not a spirit, Man is a mortal fleshly being, God is spirit.

they all not all demons as i pointed out before, some are also angels to pass message to their relatives, this are spiritual things and don't have a perfect knowledge concerning it. This is not to say we they are not demons or angels for sure, but some things we will only get a perfect knowledge on when we are perfected.

Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by kambo(m): 11:30pm On May 20, 2013
@frosbel

wats ur religious affiliation?
Cuz u seem ignorant abt wat d bible says?
Man is a spirit.
Dead go to heaven or hell-prior 2 judgement day. No temporary spot or soul sleep.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 20, 2013
kambo: @frosbel

wats ur religious affiliation?
Cuz u seem ignorant abt wat d bible says?
Man is a spirit.
Dead go to heaven or hell-prior 2 judgement day. No temporary spot or soul sleep.

thanks for rehashing the institutionalised church's positon , but sorry to disappoint you , the bible refutes your erroneous stance on this matter.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by kambo(m): 11:46pm On May 20, 2013
frosbel:

thanks for rehashing the institutionalised church's positon , but sorry to disappoint you , the bible refutes your erroneous stance on this matter.

u've never seen a verse in d bible indcte man is a spirit?
Thts kndergtn knowledge.
Let d word speak 4 itself- if ur jehovah witness or some pseudo-chrstian cult our views will of necessity diverge. We dnt even use d same bible.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by truthislight: 12:13am On May 21, 2013
Pastor Olu T: @rudebwoy

while those in Hell right now

"For the living are conscious that they shall die: but the dead are unconsciouse of nothing at all,, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." (Ecclesiastes 9:5).

Pastor Olu T:
will at the end be thrown in to the lake of fire which is different from Hell with degree of punishments

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:14).

Pastor Olu T:
Yes they are not their spirit because their spirit is with either God or in Hell,

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath(spirit); so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity." (Ecclesiastes 3:19).
Since they have one breath, man and animals, are there animal in hell and heaven automatically when they die?

That is, are there also some Animal, birds, maggot, fish, flies, cocroaches, etc in heaven?

"The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence." (Psalm 115:17).
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:23am On May 21, 2013
Too much of Nollywood
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 21, 2013
kambo:

u've never seen a verse in d bible indcte man is a spirit?
Thts kndergtn knowledge.
Let d word speak 4 itself- if ur jehovah witness or some pseudo-chrstian cult our views will of necessity diverge. We dnt even use d same bible.

Man is not a spirit, read your bible Mr.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by shdemidemi(m): 1:41pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel:

Man is not a spirit, read your bible Mr.
of course man is a spirit housed in a body.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 22, 2013
Getting a bit confused.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 22, 2013
shdemidemi:
of course man is a spirit housed in a body.

What came first in the creation of MAN ? Dust , no ?

Man was made from the dust of the earth and will return to dust when he dies, the bible does not support the erroneous position that MAN is a spirit.

"By the sweat of your brow will you have food to eat until you return to the ground from which you were made. For you were made from dust, and to dust you will return." - Genesis 3:19

Here, God does not say MAN was made with spirit, he says DUST.

It is the breath of God or gift of life that brings man into an animated existence,
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by shdemidemi(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel:

Man was made from the dust of the earth and will return to dust when he dies, the bible does not support the erroneous position that MAN is a spirit.

"By the sweat of your brow will you have food to eat until you return to the ground from which you were made. For you were made from dust, and to dust you will return." - Genesis 3:19

It is the breath of God or gift of life that brings man into an animated existence,

A man is made up a body and a spirit. If you take the spirit out, there is no man. As you are now, there is a spirit in you, which is the real you living inside the body made from dust.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

A man is made up a body and a spirit. If you take the spirit out, there is no man. As you are now, there is a spirit in you, which is the real you living inside the body made from dust.

MAN is dust, this spirit is not a separate person but the life giving breath of GOD.

Job 10:9 Remember that you molded me like clay. Will you now turn me to dust again?

Psalm 90:3 You turn people back to dust, saying, "Return to dust, you mortals."

His breath goes forth, he returns to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish - Psalm 146:4

Job 34:14-15 : If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath,all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.

Ezekiel 37:5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by brainpulse: 4:32pm On May 22, 2013
JOB 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Pro 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

1 Corinthians 2:9-11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself (meaning the Holy Spirit) beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God

(1 Corinthians 2:14) The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 22, 2013
^^^^

This spirit in MAN , which is his life giving breath is what makes MAN conscious , it is not an independent aspect of MAN.

"Surely a spirit is in man, And the breath of the Mighty One Doth cause them to understand." - Job 32:8
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by brainpulse: 4:40pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

This spirit in MAN , which is his life giving breath is what makes MAN conscious , it is not an independent aspect of MAN.

"Surely a spirit is in man, And the breath of the Mighty One Doth cause them to understand." - Job 32:8

Re-Read Bro
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 22, 2013
Rudebwoy: Getting a bit confused.
My bro..ur best bet is to take the bible and study it for yourself..there are so many false doctrines spreading around that you will get confused the more if you are looking for answers on the internet.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by shdemidemi(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

If God refers to you, do you think he is speaking about the flesh? No. The frosble that would be judged is not the body, the body is only a container. Biology can touch any part of the body, the spirit living in you is invisible,once that leaves the body, the body dies but the spirit(real you) is judged.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

If God refers to you, do you think he is speaking about the flesh? No. The frosble that would be judged is not the body, the body is only a container. Biology can touch any part of the body, the spirit living in you is invisible,once that leaves the body, the body dies but the spirit(real you) is judged.

MAN is made up two elements according to the account of creation which I hope you agree is valid.

1. Dust

2. Life

The Dust is what was used to mould MAN and all his various components.

The spirit or breath of GOD is what made and still makes MAN come alive.

Now you will agree with me again, that MAN is only called a living SOUL the moment God's breath enters into him and not before.

"Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." - Genesis 2:7

Therefore I agree that MAN has a consciousness , but this is caused by the life of GOD in him , not by the addition of an independent and separate personality called spirit.

To recap, MAN without the spirit or life of GOD is dead, while MAN with the spirit or life of GOD ia alive. The Body truly is useless and does not represent fully the MAN , the consciousness of this MAN which comes from GOD is what makes him a Being.

"Just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." - James 2:26
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by shdemidemi(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2013
^^^^^^Just as the [b]body [/b]without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." - James 2:26

notice it says body without spirit..not man without spirit. what makes you a man is when you are alive, body and spirit. I don't think its too important, let's leave it.
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by Nobody: 8:13am On May 23, 2013
Bidam: My bro..ur best bet is to take the bible and study it for yourself..there are so many false doctrines spreading around that you will get confused the more if you are looking for answers on the internet.

u are on point
Re: Facts About The Souls Of The Dead. by PastorOluT(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

Man is a spirit who has a soul and live in a body, check out this thread for i will not want to retype all i have done

https://www.nairaland.com/1298909/man-three-dimesional-being

(1) (Reply)

AFM Camp Meeting 2013 Live Update / 7-year-old Girl Reveals That Famous Nigerian Pastors Will Not Make Heaven / What Makes The Letter "J" Very Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.