Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? (678 Views)

Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning / The True Meaning Of Jihad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 19, 2013
Salamualaikum everyone! smiley

Allah is Great!!!

I was going through some websites earlier on and I came across some hadith that sort of contradicted what I have been told about Islam in the past.

I have been told that Islam is a very peaceful religion and there is no room for violence or disrespect for women but then I saw this;

( Bukhari Vol.7, p.100)“Hang up your scourge where your wife can see it.

“Umar b. al-Kattab reported the Prophet as saying: A man will not be asked [by Allah] as to why he beat his wife” (Sunan Abu Dawud vol. 2, no. 2142)

He(Muhammed) said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me (Aisha) on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?..."" - Sahih Muslim 4:2127

So can I get an explanation of these hadith and sunnah?

What type of weak hadith are they? Ghraeb or da'eef, I need to know because I am being tempted by shaytan to believe that Islam encourages violent behaviour of husbands towards wives.

Masalam.
Re: What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? by tbaba1234: 10:38pm On May 19, 2013
Dude, you are not a muslim, stop the act.
Re: What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? by tbaba1234: 10:45pm On May 19, 2013
By the way anti islam sites are not the sites for islamic information.

If you do a quick search on nairaland, you will see that this has been dealt with extensively.
Re: What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 19, 2013
Of course I am not a muslim. I wasn't acting, was just being mischeivous.
However, thank you for ignoring my questions and leaving me to continue having terrible thoughts about what Islam truly is.
Re: What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? by dexmond: 1:04pm On May 23, 2013
@tbaba
you are not doing well. You should be proud to explain your religion whether the enquirer is sincere or not. How do Muslims hope to convert people if not by telling them about their religion? or do you also support Jihad?
Re: What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
^tbaba is tired of explaining those hadith to us non believing infidels.
He is human and there is a limit to the amount of apologetics he can carry out.
Re: What Isthe Meaning Of These Hadith? by Ayomivic(m): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
NL member: Salamualaikum everyone! smiley

Allah is Great!!!

I was going through some websites earlier on and I came across some hadith that sort of contradicted what I have been told about Islam in the past.

I have been told that Islam is a very peaceful religion and there is no room for violence or disrespect for women but then I saw this;

( Bukhari Vol.7, p.100)“Hang up your scourge where your wife can see it.

“Umar b. al-Kattab reported the Prophet as saying: A man will not be asked [by Allah] as to why he beat his wife” (Sunan Abu Dawud vol. 2, no. 2142)

He(Muhammed) said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me (Aisha) on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?..."" - Sahih Muslim 4:2127

So can I get an explanation of these hadith and sunnah?

What type of weak hadith are they? Ghraeb or da'eef, I need to know because I am being tempted by shaytan to believe that Islam encourages violent behaviour of husbands towards wives.

Masalam.

ha !what does this hadith mean?is mean that Prophet Muhamed gave Aisa his wife a dirty stap?No it can be so. Please somebody should explaine this.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Hijrah / What Exactly Amounts To Blasphemy In Islam / Iran, What Difference Is Left BTW You And Crusaders, Mongols?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.