Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

In Defense Of Juve! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / In Defense Of Juve! (1296 Views)

#UCLfinal: 5 Reasons Why Juve Will Shock Barca Tomorrow! / UCL Draw: Barca-bayern, Madri.. Juve / Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Defense Of Juve! by Chxta(m): 8:02pm On May 15, 2006
www.chxta..com

I’ve had it up to my ears with people like Uche Anidobi, Aminu Bello, Ike Chukwumah and Akachi Okoro talking about how Juve paid bribes to win lo scudetto. All of you (and that includes people, newspapers, sports shows and websites) have succeeded in ruining what was once a credible sport. I love Serie A but the lure you have all helped create around the league has reduced it to a joke. No one made this much noise when when Robert Hoyzner brought German football to its knees. Before I go further though, I have to make it clear that I would have preferred the Champions League to lo scudetto, but having collected it on the last day of the season with Milan huffing and puffing against Roma and with all the scandals, this title (our 29th scudetto) is suddenly very sweet!

Ch€£$k¥ are dominating in England and no one is complaining. Bayern have won two straight in Germany, and no one coughed. Lyon have won five straight in France, and it is normal to all. The Old Firm have dominated Scotland uninterrupted since 1981, and nobody bats an eyelid! In other sports, the Yankees dominate baseball, yet no one blames the umpires. The Chicago Bulls were a dynasty in the NBA, and no one talked. Pete Sampras and Tiger Woods swept all before them in their sports, and was there a complaint?

Juve on the other hand take two scudetti in a row and suddenly blame needs to be placed somewhere, anywhere! Y'all have tried the referee talk, the steroid attempt, the little clubs are even lending a hand, now Moggi selecting refs? Why not just accept that Juventus are Italy’s strongest squad? This has become almost too childish to discredit, almost.

And yes, I am biased towards Juve. They've been my team since 1984!

This year however, I needed to satisfy my own curiosity. You can do the counting yourself as well, Here is a great starting point.

Is Juve really that dominant or is there some truth to the non-stop accusations? So I analyzed, and I wish you guys would too before making these accusations. I wondered if there were differences in disciplinary action between the big clubs. So I counted them. I counted 1 for every yellow and 2 for every red. I saw Inter had 70, Milan had 52, and Juve fell between the two with 61. In my opinion, over 38 games 9 cards don’t make a team win or loose the title!

So it definitely wasn’t a “bookings” thing. “Maybe Juve was getting a lot more penalties than the others”. So let's count. Juve scored a whopping 3 penalties all season, Inter 5, and Milan 9! These differences could alter the standings somewhat. Can we still say that Juve is being favoured though? We had the least; remarkably Milan is again in the best position. So let's ask ourselves “Is it possible that Juve has faced far fewer penalties than the others?” seeing as we have heard this claim in the past. So we count, Juve faced 3, Inter and Milan both faced 2. No real significant difference here but it certainly can’t be said that Juve are favoured seeing as their position is once again less favourable than Milan’s or Inter’s.

We all know there is more to this, so let’s at least try to count the times that points have been acquired dubiously. This is difficult to quantify since it is somewhat opinion based, but it comes up too often to be ignored. Remember that Del Piero goal that was offside against Udinese? That was a win for Juve that should have been a tie, I can admit it. That means Juve got an extra 2 points undeservingly that game. I also notice the tie against Cagliari that has been deemed corrupt because of the “questionable” 5 minutes of injury time needed to draw. Frankly, even Cagliari fans understood the 5 minutes. There were penalties (against Juve) and red cards that day that pushed the game farther into injury time, it happens. Let’s count it though, just to humour all the anti-Juventino. So we got an unjust point for a total of 3 extra points. Now to be fair, we have to mention the obvious penalty on Zlatan that the referee “didn’t see” at Chievo costing Juve a possible win. That day we took home 1 point and left 2 on the field. Milan scored two penalties against Roma on Sunday just so they could win and possibly
get the title if we slipped up. In the end our point surplus was a staggering 1 after 38 games.

Not a single refereeing decision all year cost either Inter or Milan points. Go ahead, try to bring up an example and I’m sure FIFA regulations will disagree. I did however, find a few occasions where the opposite occurred. Remember Milan’s dubious 5 minutes of injury time resulting in an Inzaghi goal? It was favouritism for Juve, why not Milan then? Chock up a 2 point surplus for Milan. Inter though is far worse. There are a number of questionable goals/penalties, and wrongfully called back goals which earned them wins against Lecce, Cagliari, and Treviso and a draw against Lazio for a surplus of 7 points. Disagree? Go ahead but good luck proving Juve were more favoured than either of these two clubs.

Not too long ago the doping issue arose. All Juve’s coaches were arrested and embarrassed. The media was all over it. Then an Italian court of law found each of the accused not guilty and the media didn’t find it interesting enough to write about. So that attempt didn’t work. Then we got a new accusation. Italy’s “minnows” are letting themselves be beaten by Juve and playing their hearts off against Milan to “give” the scudetto to Juve. This one is by far my favourite.

“Why did Messina play so hard?”, maybe to avoid relegation, genius. Why did Treviso play so hard against Juve? Why did Cagliari do the same? Why do teams like Roma, Lazio, Chievo and Fiorentina always seem to have the game of their season against Juve? Juve are public enemy number 1 in Italy because they are Italy’s most successful team and every team that faces them brings their A game. Yet somehow it’s these very squads who have given Juve an edge? This one is beyond stupid.

I suggest you think back to the days when Miccoli played for Perugia under Juve ownership. Perugia managed to eliminate Juve from the Coppa Italia and draw us in the Serie A. Guess who scored? Miccoli did in an attempt to get called up to the big squad. The little guys always try to impress against the big guns and no one is bigger than Juventus.

Now no one seems to be pointing out the fact that the scandal rocking Italian football has been expanded to include Lazio, Fiorentina, and of course Milan.

Nice try people, but you’ll need a more credible story next time. I’m sure we’ll all hear it soon enough. It is too hard for any fan to digest that their team is not the best.

A Cagliari fan was honest enough to do that. And it is from him that I got a lot of the material for this one before doing my own research. He said: "I’ll be the guy that leads by example. My team is in the relegation battle. They rarely finish a game with 11 players on the pitch and as a result have the most bookings in Serie A with 105, and have the most booked player in the league (Daniele Conti). If they wind up relegated you won’t hear me crying about officials though, I guarantee it. But then I’m a man."

Some people say life is black
Some people say life is white
We all know it is black and white
FORZA JUVE!!!
Campionne Italia 2005/2006

------------------------------------------------------------
Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime. Create an artificial scarcity of fish, he will eat suya.
In 1976, Obasanjo visited our school and said we were the leaders of tomorrow. 30 years later he is still our leader. He used up our parents' quota, he is using our quota and now he wants to use our childrens' quota.
Say no to 3rd term.
If you take a starving dog, feed him and give him shelter, he will never bite you. That is the main difference between a dog and a man
If Lenin walked around the offices of a company like Yahoo or Intel or Cisco, he'd think communism had won. Everyone would be wearing the same clothes, have the same kind of office (or rather, cubicle) with the same furnishings, and address one another by their first names instead of by
honorifics. Everything would seem exactly as he'd predicted, until he looked at their bank accounts.
There's a thin line between insanity and genius, and I'm standing on it.
There is no free lunch. Having more of one thing requires giving up something else.
Don't steal. The government hates competition.
Some people think life is black,
Some people think its white,
We all know its black and white
FORZA JUVE!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
The other is gold
Fight crime, shoot back.
Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear smart until you hear them speak.

(1) (Reply)

The Invincible Indomitables / Mario Balotelli Proposes To Girlfriend With ?100k Diamond Ring (photo) / Africa's Best World Cup Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.