Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Where Water Is Most Expensive In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where Water Is Most Expensive In Nigeria (859 Views)

List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Water Is Most Expensive In Nigeria by DOD1: 9:52am On May 20, 2013
I've been to several parts of the country, part of which was my stay in owerri, imo state, in 2005. In 2006 I went to orlu (same imo state) to spend some months and then returned to owerri. It was during my stay in orlu that I realised how expensive water is in that part of the country. There's no well nor bore-hole in orlu. I asked why and was told that water is too far from the ground that a contract of 10 bore-holes had been awarded, only 3 were attempted and none was successful because they couldn't reach water.
However, there's a spring which I visited once but people hardly go there because it's too far and hilly. So you are often left with the choice of buying water @ N10 per bucket - then you start treating water like it was gold - the people selling the water usually have it delivered to them by tanker operators coming from some far place. And you are constantly drinking sachet or bottled water if you can afford it.
I just hope Okorocha has done something about this because he was campaigning for 2007 election when I was in Orlu, that's by the way.
Now this is a critical situation in orlu according to my experience. Do you know of any similar or worse situation? Please share. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Tested: The Best Tear-freetricks For Cutting Onions / The Uniqueness Of Palm Fruit-the Local/manual Processing Of Palm Oil (photos) / The Best Place To Buy Foodstuffs Online In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.