Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Are Toyota/honda Parts Really Cheap - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Toyota/honda Parts Really Cheap (1554 Views)

Honda Parts In Ibadan. / Toyota, Honda Most Stolen Cars In 2012. / Toyota, Honda Most Stolen Cars In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Toyota/honda Parts Really Cheap by domack99(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2013
It is a common saying that reason why Toyota brand is most Popular among car users (Naija especially) its because the part are cheap and readily available. Trully Toyota parts could be readily available but are they realy cheap? I intended changing from my Mazda brand to Toyota with the believe that Toyota are cheaper to maintain, but Judging from some of my colleagues that has carried out engine repair (replacement)on their Toyota car, i can tell you that most of their spare parts (especially engine parts) are not cheaper than Mazda or other not so popular brands.

I know of two guys who recently have to replace their gear system (Toyota brand) and none of them spent less than 90k for the replacement. Although their outter parts which are the most commonly replaced (thanks to Danfo and Okada) can be relatively cheap compare to other brands but sincerely not so cheap as you would expect.

Please don't let us be deceived by Academic theories using lawa of demand and supply blah blah blah, all those things doesn't really work in Nigeria, only Gods knows what exactly drives our market price.

Well this is from my own view and are based on what i have seen and would like to hear other car users view too.
Re: Are Toyota/honda Parts Really Cheap by Ikenna351(m): 1:27pm On May 20, 2013
domack99: It is a common saying that reason why Toyota brand is most Popular among car users (Naija especially) its because the part are cheap and readily available. Trully Toyota parts could be readily available but are they realy cheap? I intended changing from my Mazda brand to Toyota with the believe that Toyota are cheaper to maintain, but Judging from some of my colleagues that has carried out engine repair (replacement)on their Toyota car, i can tell you that most of their spare parts (especially engine parts) are not cheaper than Mazda or other not so popular brands.

I know of two guys who recently have to replace their gear system (Toyota brand) and none of them spent less than 90k for the replacement. Although their outter parts which are the most commonly replaced (thanks to Danfo and Okada) can be relatively cheap compare to other brands but sincerely not so cheap as you would expect.

Please don't let us be deceived by Academic theories using lawa of demand and supply blah blah blah, all those things doesn't really work in Nigeria, only Gods knows what exactly drives our market price.

Well this is from my own view and are based on what i have seen and would like to hear other car users view too.

The above post is more like "Are Toyota cars really that reliable as claimed?"

I have sometime said here that reliability definition differs, from one car owner to the other. Someone might replace his car engine or auto transmission twice within 5 years, but still find his car reliable. While someone may see a simple issue as "faulty starter" as an unreliable car.

How often you visit mechanics; how often you change faulty cars parts, determines how cheap or expensive a car is to maintain, irrespective of how expensive the car parts would be.

Ikenna

(1) (Reply)

See and "die" Truck .can you trade this for your wife? / Lexus 300 Odometer Not Working / My Advice To Car Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.