Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

My Advice To Car Buyers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Advice To Car Buyers (1559 Views)

Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Car Buyers by tolulinks(m): 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
I'm very active in the auto section of this forum and I have a friend who wants to buy a used 2007 Toyota camry with a budget of 1.4 mil. But right now, I'm shocked at the going rate of cars generally. I bought a 2006 Honda from an elderly man for 800k in 2015. Admittedly it was a steal. And I told my self if I'm selling it I will sell for the same price. Not anymore. I upgraded the car to my taste but with the going exchange rate, if I wanna sell, it can't go for less than 1.1 million. And that's a STEAL. if you want to buy a used car right now, decide quickly. Don't dally. The exchange rate will only get worse and used car prices will shock some of us more come the end of this year. That's my candid advice. Abi if it was you how much will you sell this car?

Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by wtfCode: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
Sell it 380k, cars are getting cheaper now. tongue

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by IamRespected: 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
Op, are you a messenger of doom ? Who told you dollar will keep getting worse? All what you said are probabilities

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by tolulinks(m): 4:56am On Jan 30, 2017
IamRespected:
Op, are you a messenger of doom ? Who told you dollar will keep getting worse? All what you said are probabilities
Have you ever heard that naira rose to the dollar for a sustained period? In the 90s it was just 50 naira to the dollar. Early 2000s it was about 120. Jonathan's Era it was 175. Now in buhari time it is 500 naira. Do you honestly think it's going back to 200 naira? Ok. Continue

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by tolulinks(m): 4:56am On Jan 30, 2017
wtfCode:
Sell it 380k, cars are getting cheaper now. tongue
Your jazz nor go work ooo
Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by tolulinks(m): 4:59am On Jan 30, 2017
The idea for this thread is to encourage buyers to do the needful asap. I expect tokunbo 2006 Honda Accord to be at least 2 million by the middle of this year. My brother bought this same Toyota camry used for 1.4 back in 2015. I thought is was going to be the same or at least slightly different now but everyone is quoting 2 point something for used muscle!!!!!
Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by nurey(m): 8:21am On Jan 30, 2017
It's only people who are glued to Toyota and Honda would suffer the consequences. I can use any car from any car maker as long as the price is right and conditions are favorable.

Are you also insinuating that people who want to sell Nigerian used Nomad zoyte, chery, Isuzu too should inflate prices. Even Nigerian used golf 3 is still cheap. Doing the right research will get you the right vehicle.

6 Likes

Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by tolulinks(m): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2017
nurey:
It's only people who are glued to Toyota and Honda would suffer the consequences. I can use any car from any car maker as long as the price is right and conditions are favorable.

Are you also insinuating that people who want to sell Nigerian used Nomad zoyte, chery, Isuzu too should inflate prices. Even Nigerian used golf 3 is still cheap. Doing the right research will get you the right vehicle.
I agree with the Toyota Honda theory
Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by mokrak(m): 10:52am On Feb 01, 2017
nurey:

Not just about Toyota and Honda.it the fluctuations in our currency compared to the dollar.if Donald trump new plan to reduce export tax and increase import tax comes to pass.it will strengthen the dollar against all other currency.
Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by mokrak(m): 10:54am On Feb 01, 2017
tolulinks:
I'm very active in the auto section of this forum and I have a friend who wants to buy a used 2007 Toyota camry with a budget of 1.4 mil. But right now, I'm shocked at the going rate of cars generally. I bought a 2006 Honda from an elderly man for 800k in 2015. Admittedly it was a steal. And I told my self if I'm selling it I will sell for the same price. Not anymore. I upgraded the car to my taste but with the going exchange rate, if I wanna sell, it can't go for less than 1.1 million. And that's a STEAL. if you want to buy a used car right now, decide quickly. Don't dally. The exchange rate will only get worse and used car prices will shock some of us more come the end of this year. That's my candid advice. Abi if it was you how much will you sell this car?
I think it not just about motor vehicle,also has to do with most stuffs we import and can't produce here.even the value of people savings is being eroded everyday.income is constant, unemployment is rising,food and commodities prices are rising.classic stagflation.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by nurey(m): 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
mokrak:

Not just about Toyota and Honda.it the fluctuations in our currency compared to the dollar.if Donald trump new plan to reduce export tax and increase import tax comes to pass.it will strengthen the dollar against all other currency.

You are talking about different thing entirely. There are over 100s of car manufacturers and different models of cars to choose from. Are you telling me a 1996 corolla sold for 800k Nigerian used is better for you and worth it than a 2005 Skoda fabia Nigerian used sold at 500k.

If America decides to make their currency stronger it may affect them also as used car purchase may switch from there to other continents. China can capitalise on this by sending cheap cars to Nigeria though with rubbish quality but over the years quality will improve.

Let America strengthen their dollar we will survive, though it would take time but it will open the door for new beginning to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by 2shur: 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
basic rule.
brand new car maybe 8m
tokunbo....3.8 4m.
naija used.....900k to 1.4
anything higher than dst..then it means say na u dem wan use take add money upgrade their car.
if u got tokunbo money..buy the car asap.
if u wanna buy naija used...jus know price gonna be slashed to half price of its toks value.
Re: My Advice To Car Buyers by mokrak(m): 12:58pm On Feb 01, 2017
nurey:

You are talking about different thing entirely. There are over 100s of car manufacturers and different models of cars to choose from. Are you telling me a 1996 corolla sold for 800k Nigerian used is better for you and worth it than a 2005 Skoda fabia Nigerian used sold at 500k.

If America decides to make their currency stronger it may affect them also as used car purchase may switch from there to other continents. China can capitalise on this by sending cheap cars to Nigeria though with rubbish quality but over the years quality will improve.

Let America strengthen their dollar we will survive, though it would take time but it will open the door for new beginning to Nigeria.
1. Not disputing that they are other brands of cars to purchase and use.it your choice to buy any brands of vehicles.
2. How are used cars prices primarily gotten i.e by the demand of the car brand,usage,cost of toks etc
3. The issue is not about if we will survive, the issue is why is the cost of naija used cars going up.
Not trying to be meddlesome or argumentative,trying to explain the reasons why the cost of some used cars are going up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My 08 Toyota Camry Air Conditioner / Contact Us Today For Genuine Car Parts. / 10 Most Popular James Bond Cars (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.