Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid (15330 Views)

Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison / Bright Dike Celebrates With Yonger Sister, Courtney Over World Cup Final / Bash Ali Walks Out On Sports Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 20, 2013
Ageless pugilist, Bash Ali resumed as a gateman at the headquarters of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, at Wadata Plaza in Abuja early Monday to protest over what he said is the failure of the Federal Government to inaugurate the Local Organising Committe, LOC, for his Guinness Book of World Records boxing championship. grin
Bash, who wants to become the oldest man to ever enter a boxing ring, said the National Sports Commission, NSC, had on 27 February this year written to the Presidency requesting that the LOC should be inaugurated on 5 March, but nothing was done.
The boxer told journalists that he will remain a gateman at the PDP national secretariat until the LOC is inaugurated.
“I am in serious danger of losing my world title belt without throwing a punch in the ring because there is no venue to defend my title and Nigeria is about to lose the chance to host the historic event,” the boxer said in a letter of appeal to PDP National Chairman, Bamanga Tukur.
Bashi Ali’s effort to have the fight staged in the country has repeatedly met with brickwall as his proposal on the fight to the Federal Government has never seen the light of the day.
Earlier this month, he wrote a lenghty letter to President Goodluck Jonathan to alert him of official bureaucracy, which had prevented the support the government promised for the staging of the fight in the country.

Bash Alli
His past effort resulted in a Local Organising Committee, LOC, being set up by the government of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in November 2009. The fight was endorsed by House of Representatives led by Dimeji Bankole, Chief Tony Anenih, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (retd.), Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd.), Senate President, David Mark, the current Secretary to Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, the Chairman of People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, CON, the Sultan of Sokoto, Ambassador Godknows Igali, HRM King A.J Turner and former Governor of Bayelsa State, DSP Alamieyeseigha.
The Edo State-born boxer had a chance to meet Jonathan at the Presidential Retreat on Sport held last October, after which the president promised the FG’s readiness to host the fight in Abuja with the directive to the Chief of Staff, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe and the National Sports Commission, NSC to work out the modalities to ensure a hitch free organisation of the fight.
“We held several meetings at the NSC and on 27 February, an agreement was reached on how to successfully host this historic event to the glory and honour of our great country and forwarded to the Presidency by the Minister/Chairman NSC, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi. The new LOC was supposed to be inaugurated on Tuesday, 5 March in Abuja. But the inauguration never took place and up till today, despite several calls and text messages to the Presidency, nobody at the Presidency or at the NSC has given me any reason as to why the inauguration did not take place.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/20/bash-ali-takes-protest-to-pdp-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Maxymilliano(m): 5:32pm On May 20, 2013
wise_many2k:
The boxer told journalists that he will remain a gateman at the PDP national secretariat until the LOC is inaugurated.

grin grin grin Desperate times call for desperate measures ...

3 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 5:49pm On May 20, 2013
see desperado in action,who will go and watch this old baba sef
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 20, 2013
onatisi: see desperado in action,who will go and watch this old baba sef

Dis same old baba will beat u silly and remove ur front teeth tongue

19 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2013
wise_many2k:

lailai na juju ring i go use for am
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by ITbomb(m): 6:49pm On May 20, 2013
When lizard dey for road dey dance . . .
I wonder who is pushing this man to his grave
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Ajengogo(m): 6:50pm On May 20, 2013
Why PDP Secretariat gate? Let him go to Aso vila gate na. Let these boko haram-threatened guys handle his situation, he will then know that his world Guinness book of record fight is no presidential priority at the moment
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by 1shortblackboy: 6:53pm On May 20, 2013
This old man no go go rest ? Na so other boxers dey beg their governments to organise fights for them ? Mcheeewwwww sad
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by surplussurplus: 6:53pm On May 20, 2013
Papa you're too old to fight o. We can't afford to loose u now.pls go home and enjoy yourself

2 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by gunpoint(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2013
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by LEvuls(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2013
Who the gods want to kill,they first make him mad.

3 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by vanbonattel: 6:56pm On May 20, 2013
Somebody neeeds to trick this baba into the ring and bash his teeth down his throat. We need to rest from his harrassments.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 20, 2013
Dis old man is still parading himself up n down.baba go back to ur village n rest nobody get ur time or u follow d army to boko city n gv dose boko boys one knockout punch each den i wil push ur case to our oga at d top(gej).if dis man has been clamouring for dis title fight for so long den it is quite obvious dat it must b one mushroom title match from his village

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 20, 2013
onatisi:
I pity your condition. You no know say punch dey kill person. Ese o payan loju e ri? Again,it's just sad. Nothing works in 9ja except money. Planning, zero. Implementation nko na Zero. The only serious action taken by FG na whenever there's violence,bombings,killings etc. That's the only language that those lazy old men at the senate and rep understands is VIOLENCE and MONEY.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by vanbonattel: 6:58pm On May 20, 2013
wise_many2k:

I will only be running around the ring and will not punch him, but by the end of the first round, this baba will be dead from exhaustion.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 20, 2013
onatisi:

Agbero! undecided
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 20, 2013
LOL! U wan make dem set Local Organising Committee for ur BURIAL ni? U should be happy d Government is delaying ur Obituary! Just like a condemned prisoner begging d government to hang him
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by wilxz(m): 6:59pm On May 20, 2013
Nigerian attitude towards anytin progressive is disheartening, its only in nigeria that you write a letter following the normal protocol writing through the necessary offices to who u want to address it to, and still follow up the letter bumper to bumper, if not, one lazy oga dat d letter has to pass through will just throw the letter by d side or into d bin.

3 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by danny301: 7:02pm On May 20, 2013
This papa better respect his age before they pummel and scatter his face in the name boxing...
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2013
come to think of it ,i think this baba is broke ,how much will it cost him to rent a place and getting beaten if he trully wants to defend his title.infact i wonder who he defeated to win that title sef.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by alphaconde(m): 7:06pm On May 20, 2013
May be the presidency hates boXing like I do
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by julioralph(m): 7:08pm On May 20, 2013
Bash Ali again?
I used to see his 'upcoming' world record fight ads on AIT, but they've disappeared since last year.
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by slap1(m): 7:08pm On May 20, 2013
The government should set up a ten-man committee to look into his request.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by executinal(m): 7:09pm On May 20, 2013
Do Nigeria have world class boxing ring??

On serious note Seun, this your 21 laws of power or whatever is annoying, kindly remove this laws to enable us reply without reading same thing everyday.

I never for one day see Yahoo or Google law

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 7:11pm On May 20, 2013
this baba is funny ,why cant he just approach one of the state goverments instead,
but honestly if u see this man in real life,you wont sponsor his fight
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 20, 2013
1 shortblackboy: This old man no go go rest ? Na so other boxers dey beg their governments to organise fights for them ? Mcheeewwwww sad
You get Government? Where dem? Oh,those ones for Rock Aso,abi na Aso Rock? Those old men went to represent their pockets and family,not you. Again,this man deserves attention from his government. He has served the nation well, won titles for his country. Now,he want to cap his career with this "historic fight",except if there's something i'm yet to read,he deserves to be listened to by his president like most normal nation. I guess ours is obviously abnormal. We'l rather pump billions to build a house for First lady,have minister made deal of 56triln than spend millions to hold a fight so desperately important to a common Bash Ali. Do we even "give a damn" about each other b4? FG should listen to him as a citizen as they should to any man out there.

2 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by topsyking: 7:12pm On May 20, 2013
THIS BASH ALI MAN NO DEY TIRED... THE LAST TIME HE ALMOST LOST HIS LIFE.. HE WENT TO LIBYA TO MEET GHADAJI TO COLLECT SOME MONEY TO HOST THIS SAME FIGHT,... NA CRY AND BEGGING HE DEY BEG FG TO COME RESCUE AM FOR LIBYA... INSTEAD MAKE HE GO SIT DOWN AND ENJOY HIS LIFE.. HE DEY LOOK FOR WAY TO ENTER GUINESS GUTTER OF THE WORLD
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by jmoore(m): 7:14pm On May 20, 2013
Bash Ali, this is not your fundamental human right.

Stop acting like a kid!
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 7:15pm On May 20, 2013
slap1: The government should set up a ten-man committee to look into his request.
why should they?there are better sporting programme govt can spend on instead of a 60 yr old man with pot belly trying to set a record for himself
Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 20, 2013
dude is broke.

that's all!

2 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by onatisi(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2013
maryjames9: You get Government? Where dem? Oh,those ones for Rock Aso,abi na Aso Rock? Those old men went to represent their pockets and family,not you. Again,this man deserves attention from his government. He has served the nation well, won titles for his country. Now,he want to cap his career with this "historic fight",except if there's something i'm yet to read,he deserves to be listened to by his president like most normal nation. I guess ours is obviously abnormal. We'l rather pump billions to build a house for First lady,have minister made deal of 56triln than spend millions to hold a fight so desperately important to a common Bash Ali. Do we even "give a damn" about each other b4? FG should listen to him as a citizen as they should to any man out there.
he won the titles for himself not nigeria ,he never represented nigeria at any olympics,common wealthor any game.he was a professional making his money then,it is just like george foreman asking obama to sponsor his last historic fight

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Protests At PDP Secretariat Over World Record Bid by mohammedmagnus: 7:21pm On May 20, 2013
Stuffs are happening in dis country dis one is talking abt one yeye fight,God were is a stray bullet wen u nid 1 and y are EDO pple always falling my hand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach / Taye Taiwo Explains Why He Wants Stephen Keshi Sacked / Rafael Nadal Vs Roger Federer Who Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.