Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Beware Of This Phone Numbers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of This Phone Numbers (1101 Views)

This phone has the longest battery Life / Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! / List Of Addresses Or Phone Numbers Of Nokia Care/repair Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This Phone Numbers by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 20, 2013
Do not post your phone numbers on the internet for any slight reason or else you are giving it out to a trusted friend.
Some time ago, whats app posted to their Facebook fans, telling them to write their phone numbers in the comment box to get more friends on whats app. I wrote mine and since then , I've been getting all sort of scam calls.

This is the techniques the scammers use; They visit the whats app Facebook page, copy as many numbers, they setup an automated response system (the type that replies when you call customer care), then they flash the numbers.

Out of curiosity, when i saw the flash, i calledback and this is what the automated voice told me.

"You've won $5000 dollars in our just concluded promo, enter your name and address and send to......"

Well, i didn't apply for any promo and if their claims were true, they would have known my name.

The scam numbers are as follows;
+25270300516
+22455203512
+78090501301

If you get any flash from this numbers, ignore them immediately, if you try to call them, your network provide will happily deduct your call credit since it's an international number.

If you know any other scam number, please post it in the comments and remember to share this post with your friends as you might be saving someone from being scammed.

Via: http://www.weselion.com/beware-of-phone-scammers
Re: Beware Of This Phone Numbers by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:57pm On May 20, 2013
They send me a scam text 24105545739
Re: Beware Of This Phone Numbers by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 20, 2013
Maybe you've posted your phone number online before or a membership site you are registered in sold your info

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Nokia Lumia 820 / Android 5.0 (key Lime Pie) Hits The Mobile Market Soon / Glo Surprised Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.