Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project (912 Views)

Film House Cinema, Heritage Mall Razed By Fire In Ibadan! / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / One Village, One Cinema, Why Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 9:15pm On May 20, 2013
The Bank of Industry (BOI) sponsors of "Half of A Yellow Sun' Film adaptation of the award winning bestselling novel of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and other Nollywood projects is now supporting the Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project of Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema in Nigeria.

The BOI will also support over 40 people to be trained to run Screen Naija community cinemas in their villages and local government areas in Nigeria.

Applicants for the Screen Naija Outdoor Cinema Training Workshop should contact E-mail: publisher@nigeriansreport.com
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by VillageBoi(m): 10:06pm On May 20, 2013
Nice one Oga Okirinla; you try well, well. Keep up the good work!
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 20, 2013
I don't understand this post ooo
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by VillageBoi(m): 11:39pm On May 20, 2013
speedyboi: I don't understand this post ooo

I can't remember when I first came across Okirinlas 'threads' about the One Cinema, One Village Project. I did find this - https://www.nairaland.com/1059699/first-nollywood-outdoor-cinema-workshop
I'll do a more detailed search tomorrow and send you the links. It's a very interesting and commendable thing ; I think I was sceptical at first but more and more I started to see the sense and value. 'Real' cinema for the masses can only be a good thing.
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 12:03am On May 21, 2013
VillageBoi:

I can't remember when I first came across Okirinlas 'threads' about the One Cinema, One Village Project. I did find this - https://www.nairaland.com/1059699/first-nollywood-outdoor-cinema-workshop
I'll do a more detailed search tomorrow and send you the links. It's a very interesting and commendable thing ; I think I was sceptical at first but more and more I started to see the sense and value. 'Real' cinema for the masses can only be a good thing.

okay then....I'll be waiting smiley. Cos i still have no idea!
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by VillageBoi(m): 5:35pm On May 22, 2013
speedyboi:

okay then....I'll be waiting smiley. Cos i still have no idea!

Hey SpeedyBoi, sorry it's been a bit busy so I have not searched for the various threads - this one probably was the first and gives you an idea - https://www.nairaland.com/785425/time-new-type-cinema-model
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 7:07pm On May 22, 2013
speedyboi: I don't understand this post ooo

Bank of Industry (BOI) of Nigeria has agreed to fund the Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema of the 40 selected beneficiaries to get their own CineBox™ Elite 20x11 System each for their respective communities.

Each of the beneficiaries will learn all the latest technology in outdoor cinema business to start a profitable outdoor cinema with equipment from Open Air Cinema USA. Every Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema branch will also be a sales outlet for Nollywood movies at every screening venue to support the distribution of local movies in Nigeria.

The Bank of Industry of Nigeria is funding the establishment of 10, 000 sales outlets for the distribution network of Nigerian movies in the country.

Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema is duly registered to operate outdoor cinema business in Nigeria.and will launch the Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project in every conducive and receptive safe community in Nigeria starting from Lagos State.

More details on http://screennaija.projectionfoundation.org/

Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 22, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hey SpeedyBoi, sorry it's been a bit busy so I have not searched for the various threads - this one probably was the first and gives you an idea - https://www.nairaland.com/785425/time-new-type-cinema-model
Orikinla:

Bank of Industry (BOI) of Nigeria has agreed to fund the Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema of the 40 selected beneficiaries to get their own CineBox™ Elite 20x11 System each for their respective communities.

Each of the beneficiaries will learn all the latest technology in outdoor cinema business to start a profitable outdoor cinema with equipment from Open Air Cinema USA. Every Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema branch will also be a sales outlet for Nollywood movies at every screening venue to support the distribution of local movies in Nigeria.

The Bank of Industry of Nigeria is funding the establishment of 10, 000 sales outlets for the distribution network of Nigerian movies in the country.

Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema is duly registered to operate outdoor cinema business in Nigeria.and will launch the Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project in every conducive and receptive safe community in Nigeria starting from Lagos State.

More details on http://screennaija.projectionfoundation.org/

This is cool. I love it. But this has been on since 2011 and still nothing?
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 5:29am On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

This is cool. I love it. But this has been on since 2011 and still nothing?
. Making this happen would not have been possible without the infinite grace of God, because Nigerians prefer business as usual. But meeting with a fellow innovator and visionary leader in the person of Mrs. Evelyn Oputu, the Managing Director of Bank of Industry made the difference and she saw that Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema is a great mobile cinema vehicle for the majority of Nigerians and also a film distribution network as Nollywood movies will be sold at the venue of every Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema in every conducive and receptive community. Do you know that there are over 1000 viewing centres in the north and they are showing movies daily?
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 9:19am On May 23, 2013
Orikinla: . Making this happen would not have been possible without the infinite grace of God, because Nigerians prefer business as usual. But meeting with a fellow innovator and visionary leader in the person of Mrs. Evelyn Oputu, the Managing Director of Bank of Industry made the difference and she saw that Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema is a great mobile cinema vehicle for the majority of Nigerians and also a film distribution network as Nollywood movies will be sold at the venue of every Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema in every conducive and receptive community. Do you know that there are over 1000 viewing centres in the north and they are showing movies daily?

Yea.....I know there will be lots of challenges. But is the project funded solely by government? Or a partnership? And please only quality movies should be shown. Thanks smiley.
And is there anyway we could help?
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by lynx200(m): 10:43am On May 23, 2013
Nice one Orikinla. Congrats I am really happy for you. If there's anyway u feel I can help just call me. Can't wait for the launch. This is what I have been crying for all this while.
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by VillageBoi(m): 8:34pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:
This is cool.

Exactly! I think it's even more than cool... It should be elevated to uber-cool status!
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 11:28am On May 24, 2013
lynx200: Nice one Orikinla. Congrats I am really happy for you. If there's anyway u feel I can help just call me. Can't wait for the launch. This is what I have been crying for all this while.

You are welcome to join us!

My own is to make it happen.
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by VillageBoi(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2013
@ Okirinla - I hope your topics do get put on the front page?
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 24, 2013
VillageBoi:
@ Okirinla - I hope your topics do get put on the front page?
I thought about this too.

Orikinla....I think you should open another thread and write a comprehensive (but not epistle) article on this vision. Giving insights, the pros, the current stage etc....then the mods should move it to frontpage
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 6:36am On May 25, 2013
speedyboi:

Yea.....I know there will be lots of challenges. But is the project funded solely by government? Or a partnership? And please only quality movies should be shown. Thanks smiley.
And is there anyway we could help?
. What BOI is doing is supporting the project. As shown on the website, BOI is just one of the several partners. The major partner is our Projection Foundation.
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2013
VillageBoi:
@ Orikinla - I hope your topics do get put on the front page?
The good news is already on the front pages of Nigeria Films, Modern Ghana, Sunnews Online and several others. You know success has many friends and enemies too.
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 6:44am On May 25, 2013
speedyboi:
I thought about this too.

Orikinla....I think you should open another thread and write a comprehensive (but not epistle) article on this vision. Giving insights, the pros, the current stage etc....then the mods should move it to frontpage
. A Nairalander cooking Indomie or Yvonne Nelson wearing canvas shoes is big news to the mods here. It shows their IQ. And that is enough amusement for me.
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by VillageBoi(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2013
Orikinla: . A Nairalander cooking Indomie or Yvonne Nelson wearing canvas shoes is big news to the mods here. It shows their IQ. And that is enough amusement for me.

lol... some of the topics that make it to the front page can sometimes be of the 'WTF?' category grin
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 25, 2013
Orikinla: . A Nairalander cooking Indomie or Yvonne Nelson wearing canvas shoes is big news to the mods here. It shows their IQ. And that is enough amusement for me.

Don't be put off, Those kinda stories also have their own audience smiley.

I think the reason why no topic on this has made frontpage might be the issues I'm also having with the writeups. They are sparsely created IMO, thereby making each thread to lack one or two necessary contents.

For example; I came into this thread and I had no idea what was going on until you and villageboi explained. You see? That's why I advised that you open another thread; that covers all the info on this project. Then we'll recommend it at the complaint section. Shikena! smiley

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 6:36am On May 26, 2013
speedyboi:

Don't be put off, Those kinda stories also have their own audience smiley.

I think the reason why no topic on this has made frontpage might be the issues I'm also having with the writeups. They are sparsely created IMO, thereby making each thread to lack one or two necessary contents.

For example; I came into this thread and I had no idea what was going on until you and villageboi explained. You see? That's why I advised that you open another thread; that covers all the info on this project. Then we'll recommend it at the complaint section. Shikena! smiley
. It is more than that. There is a thread on it since last year https://www.nairaland.com/1059699/first-nollywood-outdoor-cinema-workshop
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 8:02am On May 26, 2013
Orikinla: . It is more than that. There is a thread on it since last year https://www.nairaland.com/1059699/first-nollywood-outdoor-cinema-workshop

I know. But just like i pointed out in my previous, that thread didn't really state anything serious. It looked like you were just advertising....but I know its more (because you've explained to me)

Bro....please create another topic on this program; Highlighting the objectives, the current progress, the challenges, how interested people can contribute etc.....Then if that one no reach frontpage, we go know.....
But please don't just start acccusing smiley
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 10:11am On May 29, 2013
The Goethe Institut of Germany and DVWORX Studios in Lagos have joined the partners of Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema (SOOAC) for the launching of Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema at the Freedom Park Lagos on Saturday June 22, 2013.

Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Orikinla(m): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
speedyboi:

I know. But just like i pointed out in my previous, that thread didn't really state anything serious. It looked like you were just advertising....but I know its more (because you've explained to me)

Bro....please create another topic on this program; Highlighting the objectives, the current progress, the challenges, how interested people can contribute etc.....Then if that one no reach frontpage, we go know.....
But please don't just start acccusing smiley

I have created it on the Events section.
But as you can see that it does not make any difference.
A word is enough for the wise.
Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema has come to stay and it will only get better, bigger and larger with a branch in every LGA in Nigeria.
Re: Bank Of Industry Supports Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
Orikinla:

I have created it on the Events section.
But as you can see that it does not make any difference.
A word is enough for the wise.
Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema has come to stay and it will only get better, bigger and larger with a branch in every LGA in Nigeria.

lol....I just checked it. Your writing style is still the same! That thread will definitely look meaningless to a first timer.
anyway, so I won't look like 'ALASEJU', it's all good smiley smiley smiley.

(1) (Reply)

Hollywood Movie Actor Robin Williams Dead / Double Lives Of Famous People / Promo Art Showing Off Batman And Superman From DAWN OF JUSTICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.