Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. (36241 Views)

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport / MMIA's Remodelled General Aviation Terminal (GAT) / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (2) (3) (4)

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 9:17pm On May 20, 2013
Here are some pictures i got of the new remodeled Enugu international airport commissioned by Mr president on 18 may 2013. It is not all the best but at least we have something now and we can fly to Enugu direct instead of Lagos and making Lagos less busy. Enjoy

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 9:18pm On May 20, 2013
more

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by simplyme3(f): 9:19pm On May 20, 2013
henrychubayo: Here are some pictures i got of the new remodeled Enugu international airport commissioned by Mr president on 18 may 2013. It is not all the best but at least we have something now and we can fly to Enugu direct instead of Lagos and making Lagos less busy. Enjoy

I thought the President just laid the foundation stone of the international airport?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 9:21pm On May 20, 2013
This is what they planned to build but i think they nearly got it. More work still required to make it look like these.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 9:24pm On May 20, 2013
Foundation been laid for the new one that will meet international standard. here

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Afam4eva(m): 10:01pm On May 20, 2013
I think i've been wroncg about Jonathan all along. He may not hacve lived up to expectations but for the first time, the federal government is showing interest in the SE. The SE has never had it this good. Let's give him all our support and hope he does more.

21 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by IGBOSON1: 1:00am On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva: I think i've been wroncg about Jonathan all along. He may not hacve lived up to expectations but for the first time, the federal government is showing interest in the SE. The SE has never had it this good. Let's give him all our support and hope he does more.

^^^Exactly Afam! We should support him, but also give 'constructive' criticism when and where needed.

Regarding the airport: i appreciate the fact that they've not finished yet; but could someone close to the Minister or contractor tell them to change that horrible colour scheme ASAP......paint the control tower the same colour as the rest of the terminal......and also remember to do a good job on the landscaping and car park.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Freewilly(f): 1:04am On May 21, 2013
Afam how come this thread is not on the front page.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by dlox147(m): 7:10am On May 21, 2013
Freewilly: Afam how come this thread is not on the front page.
1000 likes..this should be in front page..mods pllzzzz
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 8:45pm On May 21, 2013
With Ethiopian Airline set to start next month on direct flights to Enugu, we hope our people will ease their pains in troubles going to Lagos to enter flight. Our Igbo leaders should help project it well and urge other airlines to follow suit. considering that majority who travel in the country are from south east, we hope the airport second terminal will worth it but at the main time, let us use the one we have. At-least, East will profit from what Lagos has been enjoying and the money will be used in better ways.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 22, 2013
good one!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 12:27pm On May 25, 2013
completion of the new airport should be taken very seriously.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 8:43am On Jul 29, 2013
RECENT PICTURES I GOT FROM THE TERMINAL BUILDING.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 8:48am On Jul 29, 2013
MORE

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by IGBOSON1: 11:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
henrychubayo: RECENT PICTURES I GOT FROM THE TERMINAL BUILDING.

^^^Looks like something out of the 1970s! shocked

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by IGBOSON1: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2013
I so hate the work done on this airport! Everything is wrong with it!! angry

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I so hate the work done on this airport! Everything is wrong with it!! angry
But atleast, its better than the one we have before. this is domestic airport. don't mind them call it international. When the international is completed, we will know.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Opey4luv(m): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
Great work but come on you can do more than that.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by bebe2(f): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
give it two years,
lack of maintenance go eventually kill am cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by morgist(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
more....

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
We will get there soon, GEJ is on course though slowly but slow and steady always wins.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by PapaBrowne(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nice improvement. We are gradually leaving that stage of having eyesores in all our public facilities to having them at least a bit presentable.

The next stage for the airports is the five brand new terminals that would be constructed by the Chinese in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Kano. Can't wait.

Nigeria has changed in the last 2 years at a pace that is greater than we witnessed in 30 years. Things are happening faster than you can say janded.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
How many times must the same photos be on the front page?

Have they remodeled it again?

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by goldfish80(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
The car park lot should be expanded,few months ago I was there, the car park lot was exaclty like the size of a small lawn tennis court.Also,the link road to the airpot is almost in tartas.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dubai international Airport

[img]http://vision.ae/uploads/special_report_images/dubai_international_terminal_3_3.jpg[/img]

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by supaeagles(m): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nice, which airlines operate out of this airport?

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by realone2012: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
People are suffering because they are 'jobless', he is busy building 'airports'. So all Nigerian Graduates should be working at the 'construction sites' of airports now abi? Abi se na person wey neva eat go think of flying 'abroad'?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by zuma4k(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
Still some work left to be done
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Dubai international Airport

[img]http://vision.ae/uploads/special_report_images/dubai_international_terminal_3_3.jpg[/img]

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.

We may not be there yet but certainly on the right path. A journey of one thousand miles begins with a step. Let us learn to give some credit when deserved.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by goody36: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
realone2012: People are suffering because they are 'jobless', he is busy building 'airports'. So all Nigerian Graduates should be working at the 'construction sites' of airports now abi? Abi se na person wey neva eat go think of flying 'abroad'?

Are you saying that he should not work?We've been crying to get a president that will work since we have had mediocre ones(Except Yar'adua)in the past.Now that we have gotten one,People are still complaining.Are you expecting that he solves all the problems created for over 30years in less than four years?Let's be real please.

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by churchAgbasa: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
realone2012: People are suffering because they are 'jobless', he is busy building 'airports'. So all Nigerian Graduates should be working at the 'construction sites' of airports now abi? Abi se na person wey neva eat go think of flying 'abroad'?
Bro do you know the number of people that stand to be employed in the airport and other business that will spring up around the airport when its completed?Try to be reasonable and constructive in your criticism.Because employment rate is high that does not mean other sectors of the economy should be on a stand still

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by YoshiMaster: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
I am wondering why they commissioned it when it is not finished yet.

I am very concerned about the road in front of the airport, it looks pretty in the pic, I just hope it is implemented accordingly.

I hope people don't get used to that sandy road as the norm. I have to commend them so far, but please they need to implement the designs to the letter.

Finland Japa / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos / Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo)