Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport (7002 Views)

Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by kettykin: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Enugu International airport has just received another international flight, elombah.com has learnt.
An Ethiopian airline landed about an hour ago with about 155 passengers and another set of about 155 passengers are now boarding to leave Nigeria again via Enugu
. This flight will leave Enugu 4 times per week henceforth, the airlines management had said in a statement.
History was made last Saturday when the Ethiopian Airline landed the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, amidst doubts from skeptics. The Airline thus became the first to operate international commercial flights to and from the airport.
It departed for Addis Ababa with 153 passengers on the same day
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by kettykin: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
It was not a fluke, folks! Ethiopian Airlines means business regarding operations to and from the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.

Barely two days after the historic commencement of international flight operations at the airport, another Ethiopian Airlines flight landed at the airport minutes ago.

The flight which originated from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, landed with passengers around 12:30 p.m., indicating the commencement of normal operations at the international wing of the airport.

News Express reports that Ethiopian Airlines last Saturday afternoon became the first to begin international operations at the airport and later left for Ethiopia with 153 passengers. A fulfillment of the promise made to Ndigbo by President Goodluck Jonathan while seeking their votes in 2011, Akanu Ibiam is the first airport in Nigeria’s South-East to enjoy international status.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tinubu's Nations Newspaper, notorious for spewing lies, reported that less than 50 passengers were airlifted on the return trip of the inaugural flight. Shame on enemies of progress

12 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by gidson12(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
ethiopia airline is flying, landing and taking off from enugu on fresh air.

good news
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by gidson12(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tinubu's Nations Newspaper, notorious for spewing lies, reported that less than 50 passengers were airlifted on the return trip of the inaugural flight. Shame on enemies of progress

its not a surprise the extent an enemy of progress would go just to pull down Goodnews that is supposed to gladen the heart....

and they call themselves progressives......

6 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by billante(m): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
I thought they said the airport is not going to generate traffic!
When we were saying dat 50 percent of travelers using MMA is from the eastern part they said we are drunk!

Shebi they said we should leave lagos for them!?

Unu ga afu! *snaps finger*

9 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by jmaine: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Okay . . . .
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by kettykin: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
At the Rate the Enugu international Airport is going to surpass most of the existing international airports particularly

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by olabukola: 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
[quote author=kettykin][/quote] source pls
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Symphony007: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Source of this article?
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by kettykin: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by kettykin: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
Enugu International airport receives another international flight with 155 passengers
Enugu International airport has just received another international flight, elombah.com has learnt. An Ethiopian airline landed about an hour ago with about 155 passengers and another set of about 155 passengers are now boarding to leave Nigeria again via Enugu. This flight will leave Enugu 4 times per week henceforth, the airlines management had said in a statement.
History was made last Saturday when the Ethiopian Airline landed the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, amidst doubts from skeptics. The Airline thus became the first to operate international commercial flights to and from the airport.
It departed for Addis Ababa with 153 passengers on the same day
ELOMBAH
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=118161

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=118161
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Kingspin(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
Some people are not happy with his development..and if you're one it means u have a battling disease more than AIDS.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by petrov10: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sweet
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Tintinix: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
C'mon! Are we going to be having daily reports on the flights from our new airport?
Enugu international airport is an economically viable infrastructure, there's no need to prove it daily! Ethopian airlines are here for business, believe me they would have done their feasiblity studies.
Please don't succumb to the pettines of nay sayers!

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by gramci: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
Where are the evil men of nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by jamesibor: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
gramci: Where are the evil men of nairaland?
They have gone on sabbatical leave.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Shame to enemies of progress.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Symphony007: Source of this article?

which one be source?
I was there, no be enugu e happen.
Dey tell u say na for Moscow?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Symphony007: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
It's always good news when buisness make money and grow in our country so i find it encouraging that despite the substandard state of the airport, it still has a willing amount of users, which makes me imagine the possibilities if the airport was better.

Futhermore, i urge you folks here not to shy away from threads like the oil theft one on frontpage calling out this government's corruption or inability to curb corruption. You can lay critisim and still love someone, infact, if you truely love someone you'll tell them the truth and hope for change. Once again good development.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by IGBOSON1: 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
kettykin: At the Rate the Enugu international Airport is going to surpass most of the existing international airports particularly

^^^I'm sure it has already surpassed Kano.....i think it may struggle to match Port Harcourt; Enugu can come close to matching Lagos and Abuja (in the long run) only if we have our own country or with Nigeria operating true fiscal federalism with a weak centre!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by HappyJoe: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
Symphony007: Is'nt it ironic that among the majority of the passengers on this plane are politicians and igbo PDP big wigs. On the return flight, among the passengers were the state governor, sulivan chime and his aides, deputy senate president, ike ekweremadu and his aides. They can keep cooking the books and the media can keep trumpeting how many people land and take off everyday but soon when things go fallow, everyone's eyes will be turned away.

By the way, why don't you folks comment of threads calling out the jonathan's administration corruption? Like the oil theft one on frontpage, you always shy away from the truth because it hurts and have your private delusional parties here where you pat each other on the back for mediocratic achievements.

You don't know what you are talking about, this is a screenshot from the flight on Friday (from Enugu to Dubai). All the economy seats are booked (only the business class seats are yet to be taken).

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by IGBOSON1: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Symphony007: Is'nt it ironic that among the majority of the passengers on this plane are politicians and igbo PDP big wigs. On the return flight, among the passengers were the state governor, sulivan chime and his aides, deputy senate president, ike ekweremadu and his aides. They can keep cooking the books and the media can keep trumpeting how many people land and take off everyday but soon when things go fallow, everyone's eyes will be turned away.

By the way, why don't you folks comment of threads calling out the jonathan's administration corruption? Like the oil theft one on frontpage, you always shy away from the truth because it hurts and have your private delusional parties here where you pat each other on the back for mediocratic achievements.

^^^Oh boy....see bitterness! It's people like you that Igbos have to be wary of; i can just sense your hatred and bitterness at something that improves the fortunes of Ndigbo which has been denied us ever since the civil war, no thanks to your hateful type calling the shots!

So you've not read that all int'l flights in and out of Akanu Ibiam Int'l have been fully booked for at least the next two weeks? Now tell me why -if not b'cos of your badbelle- you'd like to revert us back to what we had before bearing in mind what i've just told you.....and also knowing another int'l airport in this country isn't receiving as much int'l traffic yet you don't mind that one hanging on to its status!

7 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by HappyJoe: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
This is a screenshot of the flight on Saturday.

So are politicians also flying on Saturday, because the flight is almost fully booked?

Ethiopian Airlines said they will have to switch to a bigger plane very soon due to demand.

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Symphony007: 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
HappyJoe:

You don't know what you are talking about, this is a screenshot from the flight on Friday (from Enugu to Dubai). All the economy seats are booked (only the business class seats are yet to be taken).

i was refferencing the return flight to addis ababa enrouth london which chime and ekweremadu were on. But this one still has some revealing undertones.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Symphony007: 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Oh boy....see bitterness! It's people like you that Igbos have to be wary of; i can just sense your hatred and bitterness at something that improves the fortunes of Ndigbo which has been denied us ever since the civil war, no thanks to your hateful type calling the shots!

So you've not read that all int'l flights in and out of Akanu Ibiam Int'l have been fully booked for at least the next two weeks? Now tell me why -if not b'cos of your badbelle- you'd like to revert us back to what we had before bearing in mind what i've just told you.....and also knowing another int'l airport in this country isn't receiving as much int'l traffic yet you don't mind that one hanging on to its status!
i have nothing against the igbo people, or their aspiration at development. If you belive this airport which is by no means up to other nigerian airport standards is the key to unlock your economic potentials, then enjoy. If this is the best you think indigbo deserves then enjoy.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by gramci: 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
Symphony007: i was refferencing the return flight to addis ababa enrouth london which chime and ekweremadu were on. But this one still has some revealing undertones.

see them

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Zet72(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Fresh Air till 2019, haters grave will be ur address before 2015

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by IGBOSON1: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Symphony007: i was refferencing the return flight to addis ababa enrouth london which chime and ekweremadu were on. But this one still has some revealing undertones.

^^^What are the undertones?; bearing in mind that it's still 4 more days to Friday, and one can expect even more bookings b/4 then!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
cheesy
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by HappyJoe: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2013

Please explain, I'm all ears. I shown you solid evidence that the route is very profitable. What is your problem?
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by HappyJoe: 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2013

It's clear that people like you don't like progress outside your narrow enclave in Nigeria. I'm sorry there's nothing I can do about that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? / Retention Of Passport / Nigerian Students In Malta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.