Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,790 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? (1870 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / How Do You Forgive And 'forget'? **A True Life Story** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by zarazara: 12:24am On Apr 25, 2008
You discover your partner is a compulsive liar, and has been cheating - can you forgive and forget?

Your partner physically/emotionally abuses you can you give him/her a second chance?

You find out that the person you have been dating is a convicted felon - can you forgive him/her for not telling you (lying through omission)?

Can you give a second chance to someone in your life who abuses drugs and alcohol - or who gambles?

What about someone who is clumsy and keeps breaking stuff in your home - or someone who claims they are good at fixing things and makes matters worse?

What kinds of things can you forgive and forget? When would you never give someone a second chance?
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by algood(f): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2008
as long as God never stop giving us a secong chance.

@poster
if they are counting righteous one with no blemish, can u stand
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by bluehorizo(m): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2008
There is always a second chance no matter what.
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by laudate: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2008
zarazara:

You discover your partner is a compulsive liar, and has been cheating - can you forgive and forget?

Your partner physically/emotionally abuses you can you give him/her a second chance?

You find out that the person you have been dating is a convicted felon - can you forgive him/her for not telling you (lying through omission)?

Can you give a second chance to someone in your life who abuses drugs and alcohol - or who gambles?

What about someone who is clumsy and keeps breaking stuff in your home - or someone who claims they are good at fixing things and makes matters worse?

What kinds of things can you forgive and forget? When would you never give someone a second chance?

May God deliver us from such people! Are you are a masochist that you must continually associate with such a person?
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by tpia: 7:26pm On Apr 30, 2008
zarazara:

some of the stuff is serious, others not a big deal. Someone who claims to be good at fixing things when they really arent, can always replace stuff with their own money, for instance.

And sometimes one can forgive, but it may not be easy to forget.

So it depends. undecided
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by elizabetta(f): 3:27pm On May 06, 2008
No matter what the case is we should always try to forgive because this life is too short.
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by babyx(f): 5:17pm On May 06, 2008
@poster
Looking at that list of possible offenses, shocked i will ask myself how did i get this kind of partner in the first place, ?
men am doom, crycos i have to forgive and forget as many times as he commits, am DEAD MEAT!!!
There is a limit to human endurance, some genetic defects in humans are hard to live with, forgive yes cos he doesnt know what he is doing but to forget, cant erase memories especially sad ones, !!
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by iice(f): 5:21pm On May 06, 2008
Yeah i could and forgive and forget - forget as in you never existed grin
Certain things i can give second chance, but for the most part, there are no 2nd chances with me cheesy cheesy
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by zarazara: 11:53pm On May 08, 2008
May God deliver us from such people! Are you are a masochist that you must continually associate with such a person?

No, I am not a masochist oh! We are all human afterall, we wrong people and people wrong us. Yes to err is human and to forgive is divine and since it's not easy to forgive and forget, it does take the bigger person to do that, I thought I'd ask about what people think about things they may never forgive people for. It would have to be really really bad, like terribly bad for me to not forgive. In fact, I don't think I even have a right not to forgive anyone afterall others have forgiven me for my errors and even the almighty forgives willingly.
Re: Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances? by Jellitah: 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
Ahem! Anoda berrra topic!!! cool

[b]You discover your partner is a compulsive liar, and has been cheating - can you forgive and forget? : [size=20pt]NOTHING TO FORGIVE OR FORGET O! JUST CHEAP H-ENTERTAINMENT. . . .NIGERIANS ARE COMPULSIVE LIARS AND CHEATS. . . EVER HEARD OF 'A BORN-AGAIN'?I WILL JUST LEARN TO HIDE BOTH MY CASH AND KIND IN SAFE PLACES!!!![/size] kiss

Your partner physically/emotionally abuses you can you give him/her a second chance? : [size=20pt]NEVER! I CAN NEITHER FORGIVE NOR FORGET PLUS I WILL KICK YOUR RAGGEDLY AZZZE OURRA MY HOUSE AND LIFE!!! [/size] cool

You find out that the person you have been dating is a convicted felon - can you forgive him/her for not telling you (lying through omission)? : [size=20pt]SMALL PROBLEM. HE NEEDS TO CHECK OUT MY PAST TOO. . . .!I MIGHT BE THE ONE THAT NEEDS 'FORGIVING'! kiss
[/size]

Can you give a second chance to someone in your life who abuses drugs and alcohol - or who gambles? : [size=20pt]NO! WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON!!! kiss
[/size]

What about someone who is clumsy and keeps breaking stuff in your home - or someone who claims they are good at fixing things and makes matters worse? : [size=20pt]SIMPLE! Just build a small ALZHEIMER'S FACILITY/prison in my compound and confine his azzzze there till he dies. . . and I collect some gooooooooooood life insurance policies on his head to replace all the 'broken' stuff!!!
[/size] cool

What kinds of things can you forgive and forget? When would you never give someone a second chance? [size=20pt]EVERYTHING EXCEPT DOMESTIC ABUSE, DRUG ABUSE AND GAMBLING!!!![/size][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World's Bendiest Woman / Which Is More Dangerous: Lack Of Money Or Love Of Money / My Husband Is My Boyfriend On Facebook, Whatsapp & BBM And He Does Not Know It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.