Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? (1702 Views)

A Thread For Twins [share Your Pics] / Cooking Beans For Twins (ewa Ibeji) / Suggest Names For Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by nenergy(m): 8:42pm On May 21, 2013
Aside from the bond of marriage and family, the closest bond i think is that of twins. So it baffles me whenever i hear 'hate' stories amongst twins. I discussed this thread - My Girlfriend Cheated On Me With My Twin Brother- https://www.nairaland.com/1296127/girlfriend-cheated-me-twin-brother#15809121 - with a colleague this morning and she said its possible. Apparently her in-laws are twins, but don't see eye-to-eye. Is it possible to 'hate' or premeditately hurt someone you shared the same placenta with?

Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by greatgod2012(f): 8:58pm On May 21, 2013
Yes, its possible.
Remember Jacob and Esau, weren't they twins
Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by slimyem: 9:00pm On May 21, 2013
Very possible.
I have seen dislike cases not "hate" ones though..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by nenergy(m): 9:12pm On May 21, 2013
greatgod2012: Yes, its possible.
Remember Jacob and Esau, weren't they twins
Oh yeah,that's true. They even started fighting from the womb.lol
Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 21, 2013
Twins don't hate each other.they compete for superiority.when the chips r down,they will always act united.I talk from what I ve been witnesin in my family.those that hv twins in their family especially identical and d same sex will confirm this also.outsiders will always c dat as hatred but its not. Even d biblical example.they hv invisible bond

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by slimyem: 11:12pm On May 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Twins don't hate each other.they compete for superiority.when the chips r down,they will always act united I talk from what I ve been witnesin in my family.those that hv twins in their family especially identical and d same sex will confirm this also.outsiders will always c dat as hatred but its not. Even d biblical example.they hv invisible bond
Even ordinary sibs act united when the chips are down. Same with competing for superiority. Its not peculiar to twins.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by Godmother(f): 7:21pm On May 22, 2013
I think hatred can come in when parents or people show favouritism to one child and ignores the other so to speak.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by jeffizy(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2013
Yellowpawpaw is on point.
We ( i be twin) dey compete wella.
But when the chips are down, we got each other's behind till we drop.
Although the competition aspect really started when gf's started coming and trying to pull their own weight. sad

It's not that easy. Imagine seeing the same person since you were old enough to know yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by Vancouverplus: 9:13am On May 24, 2013
Yes its possible. i'm a Twin. I dont hate my Twin brother... also i dont like him. He lives in America ... I live in Canada. Funny enough.. i have Twins (a Boy n a girl). Now i'm worried about my Luvly Kids undecided Dont want same happen to them. cry
Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by nenergy(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2013
jeffizy:
Although the competition aspect really started when gf's started coming and trying to pull their own weight.
i agree, Chick matter can cause wahala!
Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by nenergy(m): 11:17am On May 24, 2013
Vancouverplus: Yes its possible. i'm a Twin. I dont hate my Twin brother... also i dont like him.
Classic.hahahahaha
Re: Is It Possible For Twins To 'hate' Themselves? by tpia5: 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
they are individuals, not clones like they're often presented to be.

still doesnt mean outsiders should carry any family strife on their head.

(1) (Reply)

Help: I've Got Serious Temperamental Issues. / Does Friso Gold Rice Cereal Purge / Relationship Between Alcoholic Beer And Solar Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.