Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP (6247 Views)

What To Check If Your Vehicle Is overheating and possible causes / Help! My Car Is Overheating (Nissan Maxima 2000) / My Car Is Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 1:14am On May 22, 2013
my infinty qx4 od over hheatin am told to get another egine and it uses the v6 3300 engine plz wat shouuld i do
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by KingPradas(m): 1:34am On May 22, 2013
prosper2013: my infinty qx4 od over hheatin am told to get another egine and it uses the v6 3300 engine plz wat shouuld i do

Vist the mechanic to diagnose the problem
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by JUO(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2013
throw it away, because you no know where service centre dey or a professional mechanic
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:59am On May 22, 2013
prosper2013: my infinty qx4 od over hheatin am told to get another egine and it uses the v6 3300 engine plz wat shouuld i do

so if the new one over heat you will get another engine ?

get it checked, water pump, thermostat stuck, radiator leaking etc
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by lonelydora: 11:20am On May 22, 2013
go to a professional mechanic. maybe water pump failure or top gasket problem
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 8:11pm On May 22, 2013
the car engine is to be changed now
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by donkene(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2013
if the engine is bad u can replace it with belgium engine. Incase u are in the east i can supply it to u
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 8:40am On May 23, 2013
how much and ned to knw the types presently its v6 3300 but was told i can get somtin lower
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by viperman: 1:15pm On May 23, 2013
Check your radiator type. if its single or double cell. if its a single cell radiator - thats your problem.
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 1:59pm On May 23, 2013
I AV SIR I CHECKED IT AND CHANGE IT DNT KNW WHY ITS LIKE DAT
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 23, 2013
viperman:
Check your radiator type. if its single or double cell. if its a single cell radiator - thats your problem.
sorry sir but I don't think the radiator cell number have anything to do with the overheating. In parts of America and other places of the world the temperature are higher than what we experience in any part of Nigeria yet the people there use the stock/OEM cooling systems and parts. Most vehicle manufacturers subject their product to a wide variety of tests and they are certified to work in most climates as long as their mode of operation isn't violated.
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 23, 2013
because ur vehicle comes with a V6 3300 doesn't mean it is prone to overheating and doesn't mean u have to change the engine.I'd like u to answer these questions as they would help in determining the cause of ur vehicle overheating. 1. Did ur mechanic change/alter the fan of ur vehicle if yes what type of fan is ur vehicle using now if u didn't change the fan, when u start the engine does the fan rotate? 2. Did u drain d coolant of ur vehicle? If YES, why did u drain it and what type of fluid are u using now, 3. Does your vehicle experience any leakage along the piping? 4. Did anyone tamper with the coolant air release pipe (it protudes from the centre upward behind the engine close to the front windscreen and has a rubber stopper/cap on it)? Let me know what ur answers are then I'd know what step to follow. But pls dnt throw that engine away yet
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by Ikenna351(m): 5:17pm On May 23, 2013
I wonder why somebody that calls himself auto mechanic would suggest engine replacement for a simple thing like overheating issue, without first finding out the cause of the overheating in the first place. So if the culprit is a failed Viscous fan clutch, will replacing the engine solve the problem? No matter how many engines you swap into that engine bay, when your Viscous fan has failed, they will all be overheating.

What if the problem or the cause of the overheating is a simple thing like a radiator cap/coolant expansion container cap failure, which 2 or 3k will solve?

The worst case that will happen to an overheating engine is Cylinder head warp,which you could replace, unless replacement will cost the same with replacing the engine. Though, i have heard few cases where head gasket burnt, flowed in coolant in the combustion chambers and locked up/seized the engine. If this is the case with your engine, then its as good as replacing the engine. But knowing what caused an engine to overheat should be more important here to save yourself another nightmare.

As for your radiator, dont listen to that clown that asked you to replace it with a bigger or double cell one. I hate listening to that joke, which i hear a lot from them.

I would suggest that you answer the 4 questions asked by lomomike. Those questions, if answered, will go a long way in solving the problem.

Ikenna.
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 9:35pm On May 23, 2013
SR THANX ALOT WAS TOLD THE CYCLINDER IS BAD AND IT USES TWO DAT ITS BETER TO CHANGE THE ENGINE because DERE MIGHT BE OTHER ISUE AV CHANGED THE RADITOR SR
Ikenna351: I wonder why somebody that calls himself auto mechanic would suggest engine replacement for a simple thing like overheating issue, without first finding out the cause of the overheating in the first place. So if the culprit is a failed Viscous fan clutch, will replacing the engine solve the problem? No matter how many engines you swap into that engine bay, when your Viscous fan has failed, they will all be overheating.

What if the problem or the cause of the overheating is a simple thing like a radiator cap/coolant expansion container cap failure, which 2 or 3k will solve?

The worst case that will happen to an overheating engine is Cylinder head warp,which you could replace, unless replacement will cost the same with replacing the engine. Though, i have heard few cases where head gasket burnt, flowed in coolant in the combustion chambers and locked up/seized the engine. If this is the case with your engine, then its as good as replacing the engine. But knowing what caused an engine to overheat should be more important here to save yourself another nightmare.

As for your radiator, dont listen to that clown that asked you to replace it with a bigger or double cell one. I hate listening to that joke, which i hear a lot from them.

I would suggest that you answer the 4 questions asked by lomomike. Those questions, if answered, will go a long way in solving the problem.

Ikenna.
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 9:52pm On May 23, 2013
the cylider is bad and it uses thwo wch is close to geting a another engine

lomomike: because ur vehicle comes with a V6 3300 doesn't mean it is prone to overheating and doesn't mean u have to change the engine.I'd like u to answer these questions as they would help in determining the cause of ur vehicle overheating. 1. Did ur mechanic change/alter the fan of ur vehicle if yes what type of fan is ur vehicle using now if u didn't change the fan, when u start the engine does the fan rotate? 2. Did u drain d coolant of ur vehicle? If YES, why did u drain it and what type of fluid are u using now, 3. Does your vehicle experience any leakage along the piping? 4. Did anyone tamper with the coolant air release pipe (it protudes from the centre upward behind the engine close to the front windscreen and has a rubber stopper/cap on it)? Let me know what ur answers are then I'd know what step to follow. But pls dnt throw that engine away yet
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by donkene(m): 10:02pm On May 23, 2013
the price is 80k
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by JUO(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2013
the price is 80k
for that big motor, na so the car cheap?
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by Nobody: 10:20am On May 24, 2013
JUO: for that big motor, na so the car cheap?
he said his engine is a V6 3.3L therefore (its a 1998-1999 model vehicle n it is a pre-facelift version), and its exclusivity (out of 10 suv's u might be lucky to see only 1 or 2 QX4 whearas u'd see 6 toyota suvs n 3-4 nissan pathfinder suv), and Nigerian phobia for any engine with "V" (V6, V8, V10, V12) makes the engine cheap in Nigerian markets.

1 Like

Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by Nobody: 10:26am On May 24, 2013
prosper2013: the cylider is bad and it uses thwo wch is close to geting a another engine

bro no vex abeg I wan ask u some question so dat we go learn from ourselves. What did u do to the vehicle that caused it to condemn 2 of its cylinder? Is it that u had poor fuel qquality, poor quality engine oil n filter, how long do u let the engine oil stay in ur engine before u replace it, or have u opened the engine before?
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 11:50am On May 24, 2013
bros i guess its bad mechanic
lomomike: bro no vex abeg I wan ask u some question so dat we go learn from ourselves. What did u do to the vehicle that caused it to condemn 2 of its cylinder? Is it that u had poor fuel qquality, poor quality engine oil n filter, how long do u let the engine oil stay in ur engine before u replace it, or have u opened the engine before?
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by donkene(m): 11:07am On May 26, 2013
thats the price of the engine but is without power steering pump and compressor. With those items the price is 100k
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by ijele(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2013
donkene: thats the price of the engine but is without power steering pump and compressor. With those items the price is 100k
pls donkene, ♓☺w much is gearbox(with auxililary gear) of pathfinder 2001 model? Thanks
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by donkene(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2013
with automatic auxilarry 90k and manual auxilarry 130k. The engine is 3.5 and is aluminium block
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by ib4babes(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2013
please, how much is '02 3.5lit gearbox. Just want to know incase,please.
donkene: with automatic auxilarry 90k and manual auxilarry 130k. The engine is 3.5 and is aluminium block
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by sultaan(m): 11:25pm On May 28, 2013
prosper2013: SR THANX ALOT WAS TOLD THE CYCLINDER IS BAD AND IT USES TWO DAT ITS BETER TO CHANGE THE ENGINE because DERE MIGHT BE OTHER ISUE AV CHANGED THE RADITOR SR

I have no idea what you just said, but if your engine is overheating, don't drive it until you figure out what is wrong.

A couple of things you can do is take some pictures of the engine and post it, then a pic of the thermostat when it is hot as you described.

Find someone with a car like yours and watch how the engine fan works when compared you yours.

Use water to clean the radiator fins(maybe it too dirty)

The question I should ask first is what did you/your mechanic do to the car before it started overheating?
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by youngchopper(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2013
viperman:
rubish!
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by prosper2013: 8:48am On May 30, 2013
ok thanks av gotten anothe engine thax alot but plz its not radiator it was more of bad cyclider an other tinwch was not easy detected tax al d same
wat i ned from u knwo is wat i can remove and sell off like nozzle ,plugs ,plugs cab;e compressor an d others thats
Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by Ikenna351(m): 9:16am On May 30, 2013
prosper2013: ok thanks av gotten anothe engine thax alot but plz its not radiator it was more of bad cyclider an other tinwch was not easy detected tax al d same
wat i ned from u knwo is wat i can remove and sell off like nozzle ,plugs ,plugs cab;e compressor an d others thats

Please, can you type in full words so that we can understand you better?

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP by oweniwe(m): 11:08am On May 30, 2013
^^ Forgive him. . . He's speaking spanish . . . grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honest Review Of This Toks 1999 Manual Tranny Honda Civic / Some Issues With My Peugeot 307 / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi Nigeria – World’s 1st Black Owned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.