Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,677 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / . (4069 Views)

Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman / 6 Programming Exercises / Want To Program PIC Microcontroller In Assembly Language?[enter HERE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Onliie(m): 8:36am On May 22, 2013
Re: . by javadoctor(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2013
Deitels java how to program is what made me the developer I am 2day,the exercises are a simulation of a real life encounter of java integral programs. U just have to attempt them.take them to be exams or a test that if u don't pass u can't go to the next chapter. It requires concentration and thinking apparently. If u dnt succeed am not sure you shld go to the next chapter

3 Likes

Re: . by Javanian: 8:28pm On May 22, 2013
why don't you post the question here so we can solve them together?
Re: . by talk2hb1(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2013
Onliie: Ive been studying the book Java How to Program for a while now, i easily grasp the concepts and explanations. But when it comes to the exercises at the end of each chapter, i find it difficult to solve. Can anybody advise me on this problem.
Solving those problem will help you in the long run, software development is all about problem solving you will never tell a client that you cant solve a problem Your job is to find solution to their problem and that is what those exercise stands for. Sit back analyse your problem, what are you getting wrong? And better still post the questions out on programming sites, or google for the questions and answer it must have been solved Somewhere.
Re: . by kambo(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2013
@op
Java how to program was d second book i got strtd on.
And i remember sweatg over some of their exercises ...
because i tot i had to get solve thm to b proficient in java.
Wat i did was stop tryg to solve pre packaged book exercises.i invented my own exercises and
projects and wrked on them.
My own projects were, more interestg more relevant and more demandg to me thn som contrived exercise.
I've operated tht way and it's been so so much fun.
I'll encourage u to try tht path- d way of original thnkg.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 22, 2013
--
Re: . by Tpfkakambo(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2013
@barmie uve gven bad advce. D cormen book isnt accessible to laymen (ppl wtout d basic maths bckground. ) u mite aswel recommend knuth's books on d art of computer programmg! To d layprogrammers here.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 23, 2013
--
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On May 26, 2013
Onliie: Ive been studying the book Java How to Program for a while now, i easily grasp the concepts and explanations. But when it comes to the exercises at the end of each chapter, i find it difficult to solve. Can anybody advise me on this problem.

ADVISE STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART: If this problem is not just to do with Java examples and exams, Go see a clinical Psychologist and take the ADHD exam. I am not sure if you have good psychologists/psychiatrists in Nigeria, but I think you should try to find one and make sure you do not have that problem at least.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 27, 2013
Abeg go nd watch d bucky videos first go to the second thread on this forum. On. I Want to learn programming then start with d book again. It wouldn't take time
Re: . by talk2hb1(m): 8:47pm On May 27, 2013
walexicant: Abeg go nd watch d bucky videos first go to the second thread on this forum. On. I Want to learn programming then start with d book again. It wouldn't take time
Yes you are right, Bucky tutorial is based on the Java how to program book. But that still don't solve the exercise at the end of each chapter.
Re: . by Osatise(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
Onliie:
Ive been studying the book Java How to Program for a while now, i easily grasp the concepts and explanations. But when it comes to the exercises at the end of each chapter, i find it difficult to solve. Can anybody advise me on this problem.

Like @javadoctor said, you have to attempt the exercises. Take them to be exams or tests and try to pass them before moving onto the next chapter. The exercises are based on what you have learnt in that chapter or preceding chapters. Also, quoting @talk2bh1, solving the exercises will help you in the long run. Sit back and analyse the questions before trying to translate to java.

For REFERENCE ONLY, you can get the Solutions to Deitel How to Program (9th Edition) at - http://www.cscprogrammingtutorials.com/2014/08/answers-deitels-java-how-to-program-exercises.html Don't just go there and copy paste the answers - it wont help you! Try to solve them and if you can't, then visit the website.
Re: . by donfrance(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2016
Who knows how to backup databases in linux server using putty or WinSCP software. Pls chat me up on 08037332963
Re: . by NaijaTroops(m): 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
pls anybody knows the solution for exercise about placing 8 queens on a chess board using recursion chapter 18. i tried but the highest am able to get is 7.
Re: . by DonSegmond(m): 6:31am On Sep 24, 2016
Make use of multiple books, some books are just bad. It could be that the book you are using is bad, or possible too advanced and you need a simpler book. Make sure the book is for absolute beginners, find out by reading the Preface and finding out who the target audience is.
Re: . by NaijaTroops(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2016
the book is java how to program 9th edition and it is for beginners
Re: . by ugwum007(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
Some years bk, solving Excerises at the end of tutorial books were hard to me. Recently, when I pick up those Excerises now, it is now very easy.

If the exercises are hard for you, create your own problems and life scenarios as par the context of the chapter. Solve them, software development as someone said is all about solving real life problems.you can always come bk to the Exercises.
Re: . by originalhuman: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
Am actually on the same book right naw. Tho they seems difficult at first buh if you devote your time to think of how to solve it you will still get it. There are times I will have to go a whole day thinking about the solution to one question. Though am still at chapter 8 buh so far I have tackle most of exercise in the past chapters, am not in rush to finish. Slow and steady win the race
Re: . by talk2hb1(m): 8:17am On Sep 27, 2016
donfrance:
Who knows how to backup databases in linux server using putty or WinSCP software. Pls chat me up on 08037332963
If you can SSH to the server its not that difficult, with mysql dump you are goid to go.
Re: . by mogozi: 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
If you find it hard at first, it's because you are not totally in Java zone as I call it. Take each question one by one try sleeping over it if nothing is working. Play a game, forget about it and come back to it with aa fresh perspective. 90% why one fails the questions is perspective.

However if nothing works, google the whole question and keenly study the answer.
Re: . by DonSegmond(m): 2:40am On Sep 28, 2016
If Java is too hard, try a different language like python or php.

(1) (Reply)

A Very Simple Loan Calculator In Vb6 Needed / Help!!! How Do I Download Premium Videos From Lynda, Tut+, For Free! / Is PHP Dying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.