Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

This Unfair Recruitment Pattern - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Unfair Recruitment Pattern (672 Views)

Zenith Bank's Unfair Treatment Of Their Workers. / Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / Unfair Treatment By My Organisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Unfair Recruitment Pattern by Risenetworks(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2013
UNEMPLOYMENT is already so high, staring us in the face no matter where we turn. But as people are crying and praying for jobs, the few opportunities available are turning out to constitute a huge financial burden on job seekers. Whatever they have to feed themselves is drained to attend interviews.

I have observed for some time now how big organisations in Nigeria carry out their recruitment exercises. They conduct their job interviews in only three cities in Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, leaving out the rest of the states, cities and regions. This means that anyone who wants to attend an interview or do a test for job opportunities has to move to any of the three cities.

Recently, I participated in one of the exercises to ascertain our suitability for employment in a brewery. There was no centre in the whole of South East and I had to choose between Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt. I did not know anybody in Abuja or Port Harcourt, so I chose Lagos because I have a distant cousin living there. I left Enugu three days before the Ability Test and ended up spending two days on the road because of the Enugu-Onitsha and Benin-Lagos expressways.

Two weeks later, after I got home, a media house invited me for an interview....

Continue Reading here: http://risenetworks.org/2013/05/22/this-unfair-recruitment-pattern/

Re: This Unfair Recruitment Pattern by sholay2011(m): 12:33pm On May 23, 2013
This article is spot-on! cool

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Visa. 100% Sure Link / Urgent Employment / More Nigerians Are Turning To Event Dancing As A Means Of Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.